Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I may be in a minority but the last sending off looked like a massive error of judgement rather than a deliberate assault.

I've been looking forward to his return. He looked so happy in his start of season photo a few months ago.

Anyway, the past is the past. It would be great to find ourselves with a 'new' forward option in the next few weeks.

I couldn't see that it was particularly reckless.

Certainly nowhere near as reckless as Dunk against Palace (and nowhere near as enjoyable :down:)

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I may be in a minority but the last sending off looked like a massive error of judgement rather than a deliberate assault.

I've been looking forward to his return. He looked so happy in his start of season photo a few months ago.

Anyway, the past is the past. It would be great to find ourselves with a 'new' forward option in the next few weeks.

I also thought there was a massive overreaction. All he did, in my view, was jump in between the oppo and the ball and turn his back. It was unfortunate that his lead leg caught the oppos shin. It didn't look like a deliberate stamp to me.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I couldn't see that it was particularly reckless.

Certainly nowhere near as reckless as Dunk against Palace (and nowhere near as enjoyable :down:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbE_Jwbdkjk

How is it not reckless...? I believe his intention was to get onto the other side of the ball and protect it from the defender with his body, or to win a free kick... but he is doing it about a billion years too late, in a very dangerous manner and had dozens of better options, like simply carrying on carrying the ball or fall over like a little **** or whatever. Most likely not intentional but also not "unlucky" as some say, it is a reckless action, a red card and a three game suspension.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

How is it not reckless...? I believe his intention was to get onto the other side of the ball and protect it from the defender with his body, or to win a free kick... but he is doing it about a billion years too late, in a very dangerous manner and had dozens of better options, like simply carrying on carrying the ball or fall over like a little **** or whatever. Most likely not intentional but also not "unlucky" as some say, it is a reckless action, a red card and a three game suspension.

It was reckless, no doubt... but a lot of people believe he intended to injure the Saints player to engineer himself out of the club.

Personally I don’t see that, I see him fired up, going for a challenge where he would win the ball and be in between the ball and player (a challenge he has done many times previously) and he has mistimed it badly - correct result of a red card.

Yes, his interview didn’t throw him in the best light... but I think he was upset at not getting chances to play and that came out in the interview in a way it probably shouldn’t.

If and when he is fit should he be given a chance? Absolutely, it’s not like we are banging them in for fun is it? Is he the saviour? Probably not, but I think he has the potential to score a few before the end of the season which may help us, and that’s all you can ask.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Totally agree with this + Potter, with his Emotional Intelligence qualifications, should surely be superbly equipped to manage quirky characters with aplomb???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Totally agree with this + Potter, with his Emotional Intelligence qualifications, should surely be superbly equipped to manage quirky characters with aplomb???

I'm yet to see any benefit from GPott having a qualification greater than an O-Level in woodwork.

Having a degree in Leadership doesn't compute with the headlessness of the chicken's in blue.
All it does if fuel the fire of 'qualifications are so much easier these days'.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere

And then if by magic a month later ............... he's off to Galatasaray. Engineered in the summer break. Primarily that's why I would never want to see him in the shirt again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

He has managed a lot quirky characters over the years but some wont change or improve, its just the reality. Give him five years with Charles Manson and Charles Manson would probably still be Charles Manson. No ideas about Andones personality as Ive never met him but in general you cant change people who dont want to change.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm yet to see any benefit from GPott having a qualification greater than an O-Level in woodwork.

Having a degree in Leadership doesn't compute with the headlessness of the chicken's in blue.
All it does if fuel the fire of 'qualifications are so much easier these days'.

I did titter at that, as I'm a fan of, what Private Eye used to describe the quips of Fatty Heffer at the expense of Neil Kinnock (not that I'm suggesting you're overweight), cruel cockney humour. When Steeve Coogan was planning his first date with Courtney Love I doubt that his sole preparation was a quick flick through the Karma Sutra ???

Still, eh? Three points this evening and it will all be Happy Days.

twat.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Also, just before the hiatus in his Albion journey, I'd managed to get the bloke who sits next to me to join in with my rendition of:

Andone ne ne ne ne ne ne, Andone ne ne ne ne, Andone ne ne ne ne ne ne, Andone

To the tune of 'baby shark'.

And we did all the gestures, too.

It was sensational.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Also, just before the hiatus in his Albion journey, I'd managed to get the bloke who sits next to me to join in with my rendition of:

It was sensational.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
And then if by magic a month later ............... he's off to Galatasaray. Engineered in the summer break. Primarily that's why I would never want to see him in the shirt again.

Both Kayal and Andone were told they weren’t required in the summer of 2019. Although he scored at Watford, he was always going.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

It was sensational.

We need Andone's physicality to unsettle opposing defenders

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Part of the problem in Hughton’s final season is he didn’t start Andone enough instead of Murray. Andone wasn’t given anywhere near enough of a chance that season and we were crying out for him. He was criminally under used, I could fully understand why he got frustrated.

Hughton also didn’t play Bissouma enough that season either.

Potter has turned Bissouma into one of the most sought after midfielders in the Premier League, a testament to his coaching and man management skills My point really was that had Potter had Murray 3 years ago he’d have scored a lot of goals in this side. One of our main problems is the club still hasn’t replaced him yet.
I’m far from convinced Andone is the answer. His first touch often lets him down, his passing and link up play is erratic and he’s a hot head who thus far hasn't learnt to control his temper. But maybe he’ll get another chance.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

It’s one interpretation. Another is that the bad publicity over that foul was way over the top and he was out of favour with management. The move was a no brainer. I have seen plenty of similar studs up fouls this season. He was a silly boy but we now need him.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I’m far from convinced Andone is the answer. His first touch often lets him down, his passing and link up play is erratic and he’s a hot head who thus far hasn't learnt to control his temper. But maybe he’ll get another chance.

This and I seem to recall Andone squandering chances as well.

Classic NSC example of a player improving whilst unavailable.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This and I seem to recall Andone squandering chances as well.

Classic NSC example of a player improving whilst unavailable.

Well, those who are available are playing so poorly it is difficult not to crave Andone’s return

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here