Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well I guess we all remember stuff differently :shrug:

I remember him as a more experienced, quicker and more physical version of Maupay. I think Welbeck, Maupay, Andone, Connolly (and maybe Zeqiri) isn't a bad out and out striker line up, particularly with Trossard, Izquierdo, Ali Mac. Ali J and Gross all pushing the supporting roles :thumbsup:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Amazing how many people see his spell through rose tinted glasses.

2 massively stupid sendings off .... glimpses of ability but nothing consistent.

Yet people willing to jump on Maupay after some poor form and an off field spat.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Amazing how many people see his spell through rose tinted glasses.

2 massively stupid sendings off .... glimpses of ability but nothing consistent.

Yet people willing to jump on Maupay after some poor form and an off field spat.

I certainly wouldn't jump on our best striker of the last one and a half seasons, but if we decided never to play a player who got a stupid sending off again ???

And I saw the Southampton one at the time, have watched it numerous times since and, a bit reckless and silly, but massively stupid ? In the league of stupid Albion sending offs, doesn't make the top couple of divisions :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why would we ever NOT need a more aggressive, more effective, upgrade on Maupay, if the player is on our books?

Because in a parallel universe Maupay has tucked away half his decent chances, has a 100% penalty record and the Albion have just dropped down to 4th place.

At that point it would have been nice to not need Andone but, as said, it turns out we do.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I certainly wouldn't jump on our best striker of the last one and a half seasons, but if we decided never to play a player who got a stupid sending off again ???

And I saw the Southampton one at the time, have watched it numerous times since and, a bit reckless and silly, but massively stupid ? In the league of stupid Albion sending offs, doesn't make the top couple of divisions :wink:

Can’t think of too many that have been worse challenges ... two footed jump into another player

I mean there is Dunk against Palace of course !!!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Unquestionably a nutter, a drama queen, and a bit silly. But he was a good option to have up front. And a tidy finisher.

He’s an asset of the club and I expect GP to work out a role for this guy.

Plus a front 3 of; Andone - Maupay - Welbeck would cause a lot of teams problems.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Best striker at the club.

Some of our most important goals too

Great header of the ball, has pace , bite, a bit of attitude, good with both feet

We have none of that in our current strikers

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Let's be realistic please. We need him now more than ever with Maupay's recent lack of form. This is putting it mildly.

Partnership with Welbeck could be interesting.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Headbutting a Palace defender is top 6 stuff, would have been No1 if he'd properly connected.

Always poor from the start .. hence why he never kept his place.

Only scored one goal from a start if I remember other 3 all off the bench.

More effective option than Connolly though I’d argue.

I'll always remember that run from our side of the pitch, rounds 2 defenders, tight angle, in the left corner of the goal, goalie misses it.. one of the best single goals i witnessed at the club since the zamora days.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I had a look at MAupay and Andone's stats for the albion, earlier in the season.

Shots to goal ratio was very similar (Andone just shading it if I remember correctly)
The big differences being that MAupay had many more minutes and way more shots, as well as a continued run in the team.

Andone playing in a Potter team would have scored a comparable amount to Maupay in my opinion.

I would like to see him given another chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here