Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An open letter to Andy Naylor

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Quite. Far too much navel-gazing and in-fighting now that the NIMBYs have been seen off.

Yes indeed.

Can we all please get back to fighting off relegation and going to Wembley?

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
IMHO
Whilst agreeing with the sentiments, the course of action best served would be

a) Post letter to Argus, e-mail it actually so you know they have got it!

Wait for three days...then

b) Post it on NSC (though guys where are you going to get your exclusives from?)

Anyway, 1-1 and please can Albion win on saturday as I have a broken rib and I have got to watch Stelling suffer as well!

Billy

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Wish we had someone like Atilla writing the argus sports columns, if anything he's a lot more literate.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Atilla was probably right in putting his response in here, but the brown-nose reaction from some of you lot is embarrassing.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
:lolol::thumbsup:

Attila for President (of the USA!)

From previous posting recent being only "10 metres apart" i assume Naylor is in and around the Press area on match days, what does he look like ?
monster-madness-grave-danger-20080505052532896_640w.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For that reason, however hard the voice of (the) Britannia may try and Stoke the embers of a dying controversy, I shall not fall meekly into Delap of my critics.

Quality.
Peanut Roaster your signature is a classic true Brightonian humour

Continuing the Stoke theme:
Naylor. This is potty. You haven't been around long enough to even write about Minton. So when you have earned your Wedge Wood you shove off back to Burslem and put your head down the Royal Doulton.

see what I mean

Wish we had someone like Atilla writing the argus sports columns, if anything he's a lot more literate.
and also on that point you might think that the local rag would employ someone who at least has some connection to Brighton and the Albion ..................Atilla could do a job?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
An open letter is a form of communication to someone that has publically criticised you and not given you the opportunity to respond to the said criticism. He is perfectly entitled to field his opinion within the view of the public and should do so. If you follow your logic, then surely Mr Naylor should have had a quiet word with JB on the subject matter?

Absolutely. Naylor had a pop in PUBLIC, so John replies in kind.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No, actually. All that does is raise further questions. What skills did DW lack? Because as far as I could tell the skills he had brought us a few good signings, an upward trend in results on the pitch and an unwavering loyalty to the club. Given that we now seem to be lacking all of those from his replacement are the board now going to change manager again? If not why not?

Indeed!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
with relegation on the cards !!!!!i
Attial this is so much bad news. icon status at risk,please dont getinvolved...SHUT UP !

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
So are you saying John that you had no agenda when you made that personal attack on Adams on the radio and after having been challenged by Naylor you are now trying to put a different slant on it? So was the well known 'activist', who told me that if Adams wasn't gone by January you intended to campaign to get him removed, telling me porkies?

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
As a fellow footsoldier of the fourth estate (although Naylor's hackneyed prose is Roundhead to my acidicly witty, intelligent and charming Cavalier), I feel I must stand shoulder to shoulder with him against the rabid rantings of a man who still believes that the songs of John Graham Mellor (that's Joe Strummer to you little people) are of interest to the Withdean cogniscenti.

Baine has no 'right' of reply, as he is merely a hired hand, a player of second hand records and creator of third rate rhetoric.

Andy Naylor is, like myself, a member of the National Union of Journalists, and therefore committed to both discovering and reporting the truth, irrespective of the bullying brickbats hurled by the poisonous, vitriolic, witless and frankly semi literate posters on both this website and that of the Argus, and who use the Seagulls as a means of distraction from their fetid and meaningless lives.

Whilst Naylor is cliched, unimaginative and parochial, lacking my natural wisdom, rhythm and rhyme, good looks and humility, he still is light years ahead of a man who wears silly black clothing.

I urge you simple folk on Northstandchat to join me in condemning Baine and his simple 'ordinaryman' thoughts, there are more intelligent people in the world to whom you should drink in their every word, and count yourself lucky there are journalists who can put you to rights.

After all, the pen is mightier than the (pork) sword, (sometimes my command of humour leaves me wondering why I bother with you lot, after all, when you have brought down corrupt governments, institutions and politicians with just the power of one's laptop, as I have, it is a real trial to have to deal with commoners).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here