Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An open letter to Andy Naylor

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
To be honest it was probably better to post his reply to the article on here, He could've sent an e-mail or even spoken to Naylor in person but you know how journalists like to twist things that are said! At least posting it on here we get to see what atilla actually said rather than a journalists version of it.

I know what you are saying but a quiet word to Naylor would have been enough.I bet Naylor is looking at nsc and laughing to himself that Attila posted that on here for support.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I know what you are saying but a quiet word to Naylor would have been enough.I bet Naylor is looking at nsc and laughing to himself that Attila posted that on here for support.

If he is, hello Mr Naylor. You get a lot of unjustified abuse on here, but this time I'm with the majority, you f***ed up big time! :wave:

When are you going to run the proper story about why Dean Wilkins was sacked? That would actually be worth reading, and would enlighten the 95% of fans who haven't got a clue why.

Attila is perfectly justified in defending himself through this or any other medium he chooses.

For goodness sake he was making a completely justified comment on the phone in and as to whether/how the club react is up to them and Naylor's article is poor.

Anyone suggesting Attila is looking for 15 minutes of fame needs to get a reality check and they are missing the validity of what what, when, why and how he said at the time and on here - well done :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What do Port Vale run out to? Can you play that?

I can't follow the logic of those people who think "a quiet word with Mr Naylor" is the way to deal with the scurrilous article that got printed in the Argus.

I think most people who read the Naylor piece would come away with the impression that Attila was being accused of trying to stir up trouble at the club by behaving in a way that was inappropriate. Hence Naylor's demand that Attila should stand down from his role as PA announcer.

Since the Argus is read by many more thousands of people than visit NSC, all that a "quiet word with Mr Naylor" would achieve is that those thousands of people might still think that Attila's behaviour was inappropriate - because the Argus had told them so and no-one had challenged that view.

My opinion is that Naylor is shit stirring. I don't know what his agenda is. But he should be told publicly that he's got it wrong. I'll leave it to him to decide whether a gaffe like he's made should lead him to step down as the Argus match-day reporter.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry Atilla, although I disagree with Naylor and think what you said was a heart felt response to a rubbish performance, you said what you said and after listening to the recording again - there's been a little bit of revisionism

"I've just about had it.."

"Harty in the old days, if this had been 15 years ago, we would have been on his case months ago.."

"I know rubbish when I see it.."

"To a very very tiny degree I am still prepared to give Micky Adams all the benefit of the doubt, but unfortunately it isn't just the performances that worry me it's his post match presence.."

"If we lose on Saturday the balloon goes up, it's got to otherwise we are sleep walking into the lower divisions.."

It's not quite the "call to arms" that it has been subsequently represented as... merely the sort of thing that we all say after experiencing a pile of trash.

Having said that quite why Naylor thinks you should go after saying the above is frankly bizarre. A personal opinion, but if he thinks it's ok or constructive to write a column like that about someone like yourself (who has worked tirelessly for the club for nothing) , then quite frankly Naylor's opinion isn't worth even reading.

He's gone way way down in my opinion, I won't be bothering reading anything he writes again since all I'll be thinking about is - what's the mans agenda ?

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Clapham ... we didn't "lose on Saturday". Therefore the balloon hasn't gone up.

Irrelevant, really.

I'm glad he said what he did, but for it to be subsequently represented as a call to arms for everyone to get behind the team, is like suggesting Lehman Brothers end of year financial report was "disappointing.."

Although possibly it worked like that :), but that was never the intention.

Last edited:

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Yawn all f***ing round. Good job it's bed time. Two people with inflated egos of themselves having a pathetic spat in public. Who gives a monkeys. 3 points on Saturday is all that matters. Atilla you voiced your opinion, and Naylor is entitled to voice his own. He writes about Brighton and what is going on at the club. That's his job. He does his job. You do yours. Get over it.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Yawn all f***ing round. Good job it's bed time. Two people with inflated egos of themselves having a pathetic spat in public. Who gives a monkeys. 3 points on Saturday is all that matters. Atilla you voiced your opinion, and Naylor is entitled to voice his own. He writes about Brighton and what is going on at the club. That's his job. He does his job. You do yours. Get over it.

Did you get that job with Relate ?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Sorry but disagree could easily be resolved with a discussion however clearly Naylor just looking for something interesting to write.

As your 35000 posts suggest you have an opinion on everything that has ever been written about on here. So it a bit f***ing rich for you to suggest that they should sort it out in private. You would be the first to spout off on here.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I've got no idea if atilla is looking for support or not but he's certainly got a right to reply, Having a quiet word in someone's ear means nothing in Naylors world.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
For what it is worth my opinion is that John Baine replied in the only manner that he could, in an attempt to rectify his position which had been reported inaccurately. As anybody who has written to The Argus knows perfectly well, they edit any letter as they see fit and as has happened to me in the past a letter has been edited to such an extent, just by dropping a few words here and there, that the whole context of the letter is changed.

Well done John, not your favourite supporter or like your choice of music but in this case you were right to voice your opinion which coincides with the opinion of more supporters than actually want MA sacked, I would think.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
As your 35000 posts suggest you have an opinion on everything that has ever been written about on here. So it a bit f***ing rich for you to suggest that they should sort it out in private. You would be the first to spout off on here.

Not really, perhaps I would not make such a prat of myself by having the emotional rant in the first place having heard this type of crap before.

Plus there are many other "activists" around who never crave as much attention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here