Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An open letter to Andy Naylor

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Why do you need to post a personal email to Andy Naylor on here? Sounds like your enjoying the attention in the Argus and on here.I totally agree with your rant on the phone in but i don't feel you should continue your crusade on this topic.

My sentiments well still enjoy your 15 minutes of fame

Fazz62

Aug 27, 2008
Attila

Can I request that you play this before the game on Saturday?

I will leave it up to you, as to who you dedicate it to!! ???

[yt]9eGPChAU06o[/yt]

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Why do you need to post a personal email to Andy Naylor on here? Sounds like your enjoying the attention in the Argus and on here.I totally agree with your rant on the phone in but i don't feel you should continue your crusade on this topic.

An open letter is a form of communication to someone that has publically criticised you and not given you the opportunity to respond to the said criticism. He is perfectly entitled to field his opinion within the view of the public and should do so. If you follow your logic, then surely Mr Naylor should have had a quiet word with JB on the subject matter?

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
For that reason, however hard the voice of (the) Britannia may try and Stoke the embers of a dying controversy, I shall not fall meekly into Delap of my critics.

Quality.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't disagree with that. Naylor filling column inches with nonsense again.

He mises the big issues like "why was Wilkins sacked" but decides to run endless columns on a fan getting slightly fed up with his team's form. Quite bizarre journalism. If I was his editor I would be asking what the hell he is on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Bearing in mind one is in the announcers box and the other is 10 yards away this could easily be resolved with a private chat but hey ho

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
a journalist and two self publicists sitting within 10m of each other - Naylor/Hart/Baine - wouldn't surprise me if this was a carefully calculated rant to get a reaction from the club and a news story. Don't bite MA and DK.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Bearing in mind one is in the announcers box and the other is 10 yards away this could easily be resolved with a private chat but hey ho
Seems to me Atilla is quite entitled to the right of reply. Not as if it's a private conversation, it's an article in a newspaper.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Bloody well said, Sir:bowdown:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Seems to me Atilla is quite entitled to the right of reply. Not as if it's a private conversation, it's an article in a newspaper.

My thoughts exactly. If someone publically slated ME in a public newspaper, I would make sure the same people who read that artlicle got to read mine.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Sorry but disagree could easily be resolved with a discussion however clearly Naylor just looking for something interesting to write.

Sorry but disagree could easily be resolved with a discussion however clearly Naylor just looking for something interesting to write.

Sorry who are you blaming? I don't really see how you can bemoan Attila the right to reply; it was Naylor who used his position as a professional journalist to spout a rather unjustified and ill-informed opinion. As a similar avenue is denied to Attila (as he isn't a professional journalist affiliated to a newspaper), what choice does he have?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sorry who are you blaming? I don't really see how you can bemoan Attila the right to reply; it was Naylor who used his position as a professional journalist to spout a rather unjustified and ill-informed opinion. As a similar avenue is denied to Attila (as he isn't a professional journalist affiliated to a newspaper), what choice does he have?

Not blaming anyone and yes I accept Naylor should do this in private but now we have an avenue to claim 15 minutes of fame and oh I am hurt etc where as perhaps we could be spared all this dirty linen washing in public.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Continuing the Stoke theme:
Naylor. This is potty. You haven't been around long enough to even write about Minton. So when you have earned your Wedge Wood you shove off back to Burslem and put your head down the Royal Doulton.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not blaming anyone and yes I accept Naylor should do this in private but now we have an avenue to claim 15 minutes of fame and oh I am hurt etc where as perhaps we could be spared all this dirty linen washing in public.
Exactly.

Two wrongs don't make a right.Of course Naylor shouldn't have done what he did but for Attila to seek revenge is getting silly.Not only that he is looking for support on here.He had the support anyway and he hasn't done himself any favors posting that on here now.What does he want to achieve? It's basicially another Hoveborn&broke,look at me garbage.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

To be honest it was probably better to post his reply to the article on here, He could've sent an e-mail or even spoken to Naylor in person but you know how journalists like to twist things that are said! At least posting it on here we get to see what atilla actually said rather than a journalists version of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here