Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

An open letter to Andy Naylor

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
As a fellow footsoldier of the fourth estate (although Naylor's hackneyed prose is Roundhead to my acidicly witty, intelligent and charming Cavalier), I feel I must stand shoulder to shoulder with him against the rabid rantings of a man who still believes that the songs of John Graham Mellor (that's Joe Strummer to you little people) are of interest to the Withdean cogniscenti.

Baine has no 'right' of reply, as he is merely a hired hand, a player of second hand records and creator of third rate rhetoric.

Andy Naylor is, like myself, a member of the National Union of Journalists, and therefore committed to both discovering and reporting the truth, irrespective of the bullying brickbats hurled by the poisonous, vitriolic, witless and frankly semi literate posters on both this website and that of the Argus, and who use the Seagulls as a means of distraction from their fetid and meaningless lives.

Whilst Naylor is cliched, unimaginative and parochial, lacking my natural wisdom, rhythm and rhyme, good looks and humility, he still is light years ahead of a man who wears silly black clothing.

I urge you simple folk on Northstandchat to join me in condemning Baine and his simple 'ordinaryman' thoughts, there are more intelligent people in the world to whom you should drink in their every word, and count yourself lucky there are journalists who can put you to rights.

After all, the pen is mightier than the (pork) sword, (sometimes my command of humour leaves me wondering why I bother with you lot, after all, when you have brought down corrupt governments, institutions and politicians with just the power of one's laptop, as I have, it is a real trial to have to deal with commoners).

That's the biggest pile of shit I've ever read on here.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
And that is in the face of some pretty stiff competition.

I think it,____________________________was the,_____________________extra commas in the, prose that, created,________________________the, unexpected pauses in the,_________________text that won,_________________________________it,__________________for me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Hook, line and sinker.

yep, me included.

The wind up poster does have a place though. I mentioned it a few times before but if ever there was a vote for poster of the year Croyonilson would get my vote.

He should write the art of posting on messageboards, he's a genius,

Most of the people on here will fall for it again, possibly tomorrow.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
As a fellow footsoldier of the fourth estate (although Naylor's hackneyed prose is Roundhead to my acidicly witty, intelligent and charming Cavalier), I feel I must stand shoulder to shoulder with him against the rabid rantings of a man who still believes that the songs of John Graham Mellor (that's Joe Strummer to you little people) are of interest to the Withdean cogniscenti.

Baine has no 'right' of reply, as he is merely a hired hand, a player of second hand records and creator of third rate rhetoric.

Andy Naylor is, like myself, a member of the National Union of Journalists, and therefore committed to both discovering and reporting the truth, irrespective of the bullying brickbats hurled by the poisonous, vitriolic, witless and frankly semi literate posters on both this website and that of the Argus, and who use the Seagulls as a means of distraction from their fetid and meaningless lives.

Whilst Naylor is cliched, unimaginative and parochial, lacking my natural wisdom, rhythm and rhyme, good looks and humility, he still is light years ahead of a man who wears silly black clothing.

I urge you simple folk on Northstandchat to join me in condemning Baine and his simple 'ordinaryman' thoughts, there are more intelligent people in the world to whom you should drink in their every word, and count yourself lucky there are journalists who can put you to rights.

After all, the pen is mightier than the (pork) sword, (sometimes my command of humour leaves me wondering why I bother with you lot, after all, when you have brought down corrupt governments, institutions and politicians with just the power of one's laptop, as I have, it is a real trial to have to deal with commoners).

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

dont listen to them - they just dont get it

that post is one of the best piss takes that I've read on here

:D

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
That's the biggest pile of shit I've ever read on here.

And that is in the face of some pretty stiff competition.

I can withstand the one line brickbats and arrows of envy, being a professional you soon develop an outer aura, an inpregnable sheen that can repel those less capable in their command of the quill and ink.

Sadly :down: this can wear down those similarly blessed as myself. My very good professional colleague Steve, who posted here under the cutting moniker London Irish, has been cast asunder from this forum and now is forced to reside, like Napoleon on the Isle of Elba, in splendid isolation on another internet site.

It is a sign of his superior capabilities that it took him a mere 13,558 posts, far less than it would have taken most posters here, to realise that this site is one for bullies and has a baying mob mentality. Although he tried to educate and inspire the rabble with the quality of his musings, he was harrassed, nay teased and tormented away from NSC in a manner similar to that of Doctor Frankenstein's misunderstood creation ((I would not of course refer to Steve as a 'monster'), and admittedly Frankenstein's creation had slightly more humanity) by the torch bearing hordes of the 'village' that is North Stand Chat.

Such is Steve's professionalism, nobility and intellect that he can still produce 15,000 word epistles on this other site on issues that are close to his heart in terms of all things Albion (such as the width of the stripes on the shirt) , and of course many others too. He even edits at least 70% of his own posts, despite the fact that no one reads them, a testament to his dedication to his craft.

This is a true achievement, as he is normally in a state of tumescence whilst reading his (and although Irish, I am sure he feels a kinship with the esteemed bard) Shakespearean contributions to the electronic textual medium, and therefore is often forced to use his keyboard with only one hand, whilst simultaneously reflecting upon himself admiringly in the mirror that he keeps next to his computer.

If I was the proprietor of this site I would beg on my knees for his return, for truly we are less without him.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suspect sadly the end prodcut from this is another poem.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Superb John. Naylor is losing more and more credibility as every day passes. I really think Naylor should resign now.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I can withstand the one line brickbats and arrows of envy, being a professional you soon develop an outer aura, an inpregnable sheen that can repel those less capable in their command of the quill and ink.

Sadly :down: this can wear down those similarly blessed as myself. My very good professional colleague Steve, who posted here under the cutting moniker London Irish, has been cast asunder from this forum and now is forced to reside, like Napoleon on the Isle of Elba, in splendid isolation on another internet site.

It is a sign of his superior capabilities that it took him a mere 13,558 posts, far less than it would have taken most posters here, to realise that this site is one for bullies and has a baying mob mentality. Although he tried to educate and inspire the rabble with the quality of his musings, he was harrassed, nay teased and tormented away from NSC in a manner similar to that of Doctor Frankenstein's misunderstood creation ((I would not of course refer to Steve as a 'monster'), and admittedly Frankenstein's creation had slightly more humanity) by the torch bearing hordes of the 'village' that is North Stand Chat.

Such is Steve's professionalism, nobility and intellect that he can still produce 15,000 word epistles on this other site on issues that are close to his heart in terms of all things Albion (such as the width of the stripes on the shirt) , and of course many others too. He even edits at least 70% of his own posts, despite the fact that no one reads them, a testament to his dedication to his craft.

This is a true achievement, as he is normally in a state of tumescence whilst reading his (and although Irish, I am sure he feels a kinship with the esteemed bard) Shakespearean contributions to the electronic textual medium, and therefore is often forced to use his keyboard with only one hand, whilst simultaneously reflecting upon himself admiringly in the mirror that he keeps next to his computer.

If I was the proprietor of this site I would beg on my knees for his return, for truly we are less without him.

Whoever wrote this - make yourself known to me and I will buy you a pre-match pint and an ice cream at half-time at a game of your choice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

that is genius:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Whoever wrote this - make yourself known to me and I will buy you a pre-match pint and an ice cream at half-time at a game of your choice.

You are too kind sir, a foaming flagon of Badger's Elbow from a stout innsman and a Strawberry Cornetto (with pork scratchings) would be much appreciated from this mere disciple of Keats and Wordsworth. I try to show tolerance and humility, but it is difficult when one is truly a Gulliver in the Lilliputian cesspit of North Stand Chat.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yawn all f***ing round. Good job it's bed time. Two people with inflated egos of themselves having a pathetic spat in public. Who gives a monkeys. 3 points on Saturday is all that matters. Atilla you voiced your opinion, and Naylor is entitled to voice his own. He writes about Brighton and what is going on at the club. That's his job. He does his job. You do yours. Get over it.

Quite. Naylor is just doing his job which is to sell papers or drive traffic to the website. It appears he has succeeded.

I'm sure Naylor is crying into his porridge because some third rate musician and a bunch of clueless keyboard warriors have got the hump with him on an internet messageboard.

Mr Baine, given your position in the club I'm sure you will have plenty of opportunities to have a quiet word with Naylor. Why not do that instead of trying to score a few points with people who's opinions really don't matter.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I take it the first track played today, we are family by Chic, was some sort of in joke that flew straight over my head.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here