Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Travel Vouchers - What a farce!

Cragglez

Jan 6, 2012
Peacehaven
So at the start of the season when me and my old man got our ST's, we were told that you would need to purchase travel vouchers in order to use the park and ride systems in place. I think they cost £35 each so £70 for the both of us.

Not bloody once have they been checked!

I feel as if we've been ripped off. We complained to the club and all they said was that they will be reviewing it next year. No offer for any money back at all.

Has anyone else had the same happen to them? Would like your thoughts please.

Much obliged. :albion2:

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
:facepalm: It is against the law to travel by train without a valid ticket. I have travelled on the bus and have been asked for a ticket numerous times.:smile:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So at the start of the season when me and my old man got our ST's, we were told that you would need to purchase travel vouchers in order to use the park and ride systems in place. I think they cost £35 each so £70 for the both of us.

I feel as if we've been ripped off. We complained to the club and all they said was that they will be reviewing it next year. No offer for any money back at all.

So you paid for a (heavily subsidised) service, which you then used, as agreed?

How exactly were you 'ripped off'?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
So you paid for a (heavily subsidised) service, which you then used, as agreed?

How exactly were you 'ripped off'?

I was going to put similar - I suspect, although it wasn't articulated - the OP is syaing that others have not purchased vouchers and are getting away with the same service for free. That's nothing to do with him though, really - he paid for a service and used it, end of.

Cragglez

Jan 6, 2012
Peacehaven
I paid for a bookelt containing all the vouchers for each game of the season. The club said to show these when you get on the buses and said you HAD to have these. I haven't been asked once to do this, other people have done the same. Was just wondering if it happened to anyone else. I think it's unfair that some people pay to get on while others don't? 35 quid... thats 10 pies right there!

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I paid the £30 too before I leant that my OAP bus pass could be used on the P & R. At Race Hill P & R they never ask for vouchers but It's a darn good service provided by the club and I am very happy to have made my contribution. Also if I wanted to catch a train instead the voucher is there for me.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I paid for a bookelt containing all the vouchers for each game of the season. The club said to show these when you get on the buses and said you HAD to have these. I haven't been asked once to do this, other people have done the same. Was just wondering if it happened to anyone else. I think it's unfair that some people pay to get on while others don't? 35 quid... thats 10 pies right there!

You paid, you got a service. Others break the law, that's not really your poroblem is it. Do you only buy a train ticket to London because it's going to get checked, or because you're getting a service ?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
You paid for travel vouchers, you have used the park & ride, what on earth is your problem?...... because your vouchers have not been checked, I suspect that you are implying that you would have preffered to rip the Club off and not bought them in the first place. Not a nice attitude in my opinion

Cragglez

Jan 6, 2012
Peacehaven
I think im not going to win this... The service is great, im not faulting it, im just wondering if some people are in the same boat as me... and by the looks of it no one is.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Nope , everything I've been on (Trains at the start of the season , P and R a couple of times and Buses whenever else) I've been asked

I paid £25 for mine, have not been asked more than once so far to check I have one.

I am more than happy to have been charged at, when cup games are taken into consideration, a little under £1 per journey. Excellent value.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I think im not going to win this... The service is great, im not faulting it, im just wondering if some people are in the same boat as me... and by the looks of it no one is.

To be fair, I think quite a few similar problems have been seen, i.e. flashing your ST on an 'S' bus from Shoreham, etc. but those things should and will be ironed out, it doesn't alter the fact that you got what you paid for.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Southern Railways Train Ticket - What a farce!

So at the start of yesterday when me and my old man got to the train station, we were told that you would need to purchase travel vouchers in order to get to London. I think they cost £26.30 each so £52.60 for the both of us.

I feel as if we've been ripped off. We complained to customer services and all they said was that they will be reviewing it next year and likely increasing the cost by 6-10%. No offer for any money back at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Park and Ride Boat?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Its not a case of 'winning'. Everyone who paid is annoyed by the scrotes who are taking the piss by not paying, but it doesn't alter the fact that nobody has ripped you off.

Some people steal their food from Sainsbury's. That doesn't make me angry that I have to pay for mine.

Kubes

Jan 6, 2010
Mrs Kubes and I both bought books of vouchers - they haven't been checked more than a couple of times but had we not got the vouchers we would have felt uncomfortable getting a service without being entitled to it. Irrespective of what others were doing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here