Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Travel Vouchers - What a farce!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I paid for a bookelt containing all the vouchers for each game of the season. The club said to show these when you get on the buses and said you HAD to have these. I haven't been asked once to do this, other people have done the same. Was just wondering if it happened to anyone else. I think it's unfair that some people pay to get on while others don't? 35 quid... thats 10 pies right there!

Right, so had you been in London for the riots, as everyone else was going into JJB to get a new pair of trainers and no one was stopping them, you should have too?

I've got a booklet and frankly I don't really care whether someone has checked it or not. All I know is I have a valid ticket for travel. All those that haven't are cheating the system which is their choice. It is unfair that some have made that choice not to pay, but unfair on the club rather than you as an individual.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I bought travel vouchers and am mostly annoyed at the fact that people who haven't got them think they are getting the service for free without thinking who is actually paying for all this 'free' travel.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
So you want all 20,000 people tickets checked before and after every match ? Will you then be prepared to wait probably up to an hour and a half extra to get a bus or train ?

It just isnt practical to check every ticket, which unfortunately means people will dodge paying.

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
I can understand your point in paying when others do not. The 'football bus' website states you can flash your plastic stk. for the R/S/P buses without the need for the vouchers. We all will be paying the £30 this time even if you don't use the buses.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I use park and ride from Mill Road and every game without fail You have to hand in Your travel voucher. forgive me if I'm wrong but it only works out to a £1 a game.

D

Deleted member 22389

So at the start of the season when me and my old man got our ST's, we were told that you would need to purchase travel vouchers in order to use the park and ride systems in place. I think they cost £35 each so £70 for the both of us.

Not bloody once have they been checked!

I feel as if we've been ripped off. We complained to the club and all they said was that they will be reviewing it next year. No offer for any money back at all.

Has anyone else had the same happen to them? Would like your thoughts please.

Much obliged. :albion2:

I bought 2 books one for me and for family if they ever wanted to come along, have only used mine about 3 times but I don't feel ripped off. If this was my bank or any other greedy company I would be pissed off. But its the Albion and they have to pay the travel companies and I don't want to see the club I love out of pocket. All the people that rode this system for free will now have to pay to travel, you know who you are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
So at the start of the season when me and my old man got our ST's, we were told that you would need to purchase travel vouchers in order to use the park and ride systems in place. I think they cost £35 each so £70 for the both of us.

I feel as if we've been ripped off. We complained to the club and all they said was that they will be reviewing it next year. No offer for any money back at all.

Either this is a wind up, or this bloke is fresh home from the hospital following a lobotomy operation

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So you want all 20,000 people tickets checked before and after every match ? Will you then be prepared to wait probably up to an hour and a half extra to get a bus or train ?

It just isnt practical to check every ticket, which unfortunately means people will dodge paying.

No, it isn't practical. So why introduce this scheme in the first place?

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard

If you are that worried about handing your voucher in I suggest you use the Mithras House P&R ... the lovely ladies there collect the vouchers come rain or shine :thumbsup:

THREAD CLOSED

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I bought travel vouchers and am mostly annoyed at the fact that people who haven't got them think they are getting the service for free without thinking who is actually paying for all this 'free' travel.

This

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011

Why not, when travelling on the train or bus go up to the conductor and shove the shagging ticket under his nose that way he will know that you are a law abiding citizen who pays his way in life. :lolol::lolol::lolol:

My work here is done

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The only relevant point is the fact that as annoying as it is that others abused the system, you got what you paid for. Next season, those that abused the system will be costing those that don't need the system an extra £30 on their season ticket price plus more expensive cup tickets. Swings and roundabouts.

tubaman

Nov 2, 2009
I have paid for my travel vouchers and I travel to and from matches with a clear conscience. Does it annoy me that others are abusing the system? Not really. It's the rail and bus company that is losing out on revenue shirley and if they can't be bothered to check tickets or sort out a system whereby they are able to check tickets, that's their loss for being so inefficient. I would imagine that the club only subsidise the travel based on the number of vouchers sold so the club should not be out of pocket.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I feel as if we've been ripped off.

Out of interest, if you travel on the train, and having bought a ticket, it doesn't get checked on the journey, and you walk through an open barrier at the other end, do you feel "ripped off".

I can only presume you actually mean "damn, I could have got away with bunking the fare."

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I don't think you've understood the meaning of 'ripped off'.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I bought two books of vouchers and have given them in every game I have used the P and R at Mithras on the way to the ground, when I have got the train I have not shown it once, At least if I was asked to show it I would be able to and have no issue with it,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here