Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AMEX Travel Vouchers - What a farce!

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
The 'football bus' website states you can flash your plastic stk. for the R/S/P buses without the need for the vouchers.

NO IT DOESN'T! Just copied off buses.co.uk website

"There are also three routes linking most parts of the city with the Amex. SAVER tickets and Bus ID deals will NOT be valid on these three services; only the travel vouchers issued by Brighton & Hove Albion and national concessionary passes are valid. No pre-booking is required and space is available on these services on a first come, first served basis. Please note that some journeys on these special services may be operated by other bus companies vehicles, so please watch carefully for your bus.

Route P starts at Portslade (Southern Cross) and runs via Trafalgar Road, Boundary Road, Portland Road, Blatchington Road, Goldstone Villas, Cromwell Road, Seven Dials, New England Road, Preston Circus, Stanford Avenue, Fiveways and Hollingdean. (Due to normal size buses being used on this route Beaconsfield Villas can no longer be served).

Route S starts at Shoreham High Street and runs via Shoreham Station, Eastern Avenue, Middle Road, Hammy Lane, Old Shoreham Road, the bottom part of Mile Oak Road, Valley Road, Chalky Road, Fox Way, Hangleton Grenadier, Hangleton Road, Court Farm Road, Goldstone Crescent, Dyke Road, Valley Drive, Withdean Stadium, Carden Avenue and By-pass.

Route R is a shuttle service from Rottingdean, with buses approximately every 15 minutes between 12.25pm and 2.10pm* (5.45pm and 7pm for an evening match) linking Rottingdean and the Stadium via Woodingdean (Falmer Road, Cowley Drive and Bexhill Road). These journeys provide convenient links for people living in Newhaven, Peacehaven and Saltdean who catch a 12/12A or 14/14C to Rottingdean and Route R buses depart from the bus stop opposite The White Horse (facing towards Saltdean). There will be departures on Route R returning from the stadium from approximately 5pm (or when full) until 6pm (or when full) and from 9.45pm until 10.45pm for an evening match. "

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I buy a ticket from London to Haywards Heath, with the vouchers covering the rest of the journey to Falmer... and haven't had a ticket checked on ANY part of the journey all season! (My Oyster travelcard gets me through the London end)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I understood that the club pay the operators a set fee irrespective of how many use the service so most of the operators don't bother to check/collect the tickets. I've used Mithras and Mill Road and both collect the tickets but it appears easy to circumvent by just saying you are picking up your tickets from the ground.

D

Deleted member 18477

So at the start of the season when me and my old man got our ST's, we were told that you would need to purchase travel vouchers in order to use the park and ride systems in place. I think they cost £35 each so £70 for the both of us.

Not bloody once have they been checked!

I feel as if we've been ripped off. We complained to the club and all they said was that they will be reviewing it next year. No offer for any money back at all.

Has anyone else had the same happen to them? Would like your thoughts please.

Much obliged. :albion2:

i use one on the way there at mill road P & R. you'll be glad to know you dont get a choice next year. they're adding 30 quid to your season ticket price. the voucher system has been a shambles i agree but thats due to the amount of people. they made a mistake and next year they're putting it right.

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
I work at the Amex and go on the train with vouchers. Mine have been checked nearly everytime. £30 well spent :thumbsup:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I buy a ticket from London to Haywards Heath, with the vouchers covering the rest of the journey to Falmer... and haven't had a ticket checked on ANY part of the journey all season! (My Oyster travelcard gets me through the London end)

I actually found it cheaper booking a week ahead from Vic to Brighton and not having to use my travel voucher!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
You have to wonder at what point people thought many thousands of people were going to have their tickets checked. It was always obvious you wouldn't actually need travel vouchers, that's why most people didn't get them.

(I still did even knowing there was no need :facepalm: )

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I havn't had to use travel vouchers as I drive to the ground from Eastbourne I and park on a mates driveway which is only a 10-15min walk from the stadium. Next seasons ST will cost me any extra 30 quid for a service I don't really need because the system has been abused by some, even so I don't feel ripped off by the Club. Unfortunately there will always be some freeloaders in any walk of life.....Even Albion fans

Wally Gould

Jul 10, 2011
well i have printed text from the same site which does say you can use your stk........i will copy and post tomorrow as no time at the moment.......we have shown our stk everytime and the driver has let us travel......

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Travel =Value for money (for me and my mate anyway)
Bought mine in club shop £30, week later i was posted another book of vouchers.I sold this one to my mate for £15.We show our voucher when we get on the bus into town sometimes getting on 2 busses then catch the train from Brighton station to Falmer,we do the same when we come back.Evening games we use the p & r from the racehill,so for me even paying £30 that is still cheaper than getting a saver on the busses which prob cost about £3.50 per day.

Dunk

Jul 27, 2011
Lewes
I paid the £30 and I think it is a bit annoying that the buses and trains all accept season tickets without any need for a voucher. As buses and trains accept season tickets as valid, it means I have paid £30 more than other people for the same service.

I hear that next season's tickets will include a £30 charge for match day travel, so I'll be subsidised by people who walk/drive next season. Swings and roundabouts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here