Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel questions and *now* answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorking

Jul 2, 2011
They can 'advise' fans to park elsewhere and catch a bus, but if it proven there isn't a legal leg to stand on regarding actually stopping and enforcing 'no parking in residential areas' then people will do it.

Luckily I'm an away fan with almost certainly only one visit to the Amex to contend with next season, but I am probably typical of many away fans - I cannot abide being made to park and ride when I can find free on street parking a short walk away - you are supposed to park and ride at Southampton and Swansea if coming by car, and at Coventry and Reading only use official or nearby car parks, but I know of and always use nearby unrestricted streets for all of these because it is less hassle than hanging around and queuing for shuttle buses, and better than paying to park. About the only place I'd pay to use the official car park is the Reebok Stadium, because by car there is literally no alternative for miles in my experience. All the time there are alternatives, people will use them - at Old Trafford, people walk for 20-25 minutes after a game to get back to their cars, almost as far away as the Trafford Centre on occasions, rather than pay to park. People do not have limitless disposable income, so if there is a chance to save a few pounds, people will find the way and do it.

Away fans driving down from the North are even less likely to want to faff about with buses etc after 4-5 hours on the road, so you need to be honest and realistic here. Ultimately away fans are not interested in following guidelines like 'try to travel sustainably' or 'keep our neighbouring residents happy so we can get permission to extend the ground'.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
For those of us who are not STHs but will be going as and when - can we buy single travel vouchers (or maybe that should be 'per match' travel vouchers) when we buy our match tickets?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How many buses will be used for each park and ride?

Will there be parking restrictions in Moulscomb and Coldean?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I would like to know that if I buy the vouchers and my chosen option is for P&R, will a space be allocated to me at my chosen location or will they all be first come first served on the day. Assuming the latter then if as expected they are all 100% full does the club have any plans to increase the P&R service?

This might be going too far but does the club have any plans to publicise spaces available on match days every 15/30 minutes etc using the website/text/twitter etc.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
How many special B&H buses will be running on each route....what happens say, if the shoreham bus is full by the time it gets to Mile Oak?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The existing rail time table shows 3 trains after 10.00pm to Haywards Heath 1 via Lewes leaving at 22.13 and 2 via Brighton at 22.00 and 22.49 are we to assume that these services are going to be added to as that number would appear to be totally inadequate. I looked it up for the Palace game but national rail enquiries would not allow me to input 27th September.

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
My father has bought a season ticket as well as a PSL. He did not have a season ticket at the Withdean. He is a blue badge holder. With only 46 spaces available he will in all probability not get a space, as he will have to wait the extra week. If he cannot get a space he will be unable to attend as he cannot walk far. Question: will you be giving him a refund for his season ticket and PSL? Are there any other arrangements in place for disabled season ticket holders, who will not be able to get one of the paltry 46 spaces? (I have to say that having to pay £180 (only £30 for the travel voucher) as it is is tantamount to discrimination, as he would have no choice but to pay, if he is lucky enough to get a space!)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
I would imagine parking restrictions would be applied to 'matchday only', as is the case around the Emirates. This would probably fall within the remit of the council, not the club, but the club should certainly know if this will be the case or not.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The existing rail time table shows 3 trains after 10.00pm to Haywards Heath 1 via Lewes leaving at 22.13 and 2 via Brighton at 22.00 and 22.49 are we to assume that these services are going to be added to as that number would appear to be totally inadequate. I looked it up for the Palace game but national rail enquiries would not allow me to input 27th September.

Falmer - Brighton (Mon-Fri) from 22:00

22:00
22:21
22:36
22:49
23:21
23:37
23:47
00:25

There is also a 22:07 and 23:07 non stop service Lewes - Brighton that maybe be able to stop at Falmer.

How feasable is a couple of 8 carriage non stop to BTN shuttles in being added for match days?

And if so, would it have to go BTN > Falmer > Lewis > Falmer> BTN and how long would that take? what 8 carriages be the maximum. Could such a service fit into the timetable?

Surely any service which normally goes thru Falmer at match times would now stop?

Falmer - Brighton (Mon-Fri) from 22:00

22:00
22:21
22:36
22:49
23:21
23:37
23:47
00:25

There is also a 22:07 and 23:07 non stop service Lewes - Brighton that maybe be able to stop at Falmer.

These are references to the existing non-matchday timetables. People should be aware that Southern have agreed to provide extra trains to serve Brighton and Lewes on matchdays. The timetables for the Saturday afternoon trains on the day of the Spurs friendly have already been published (with two extra trains pre-match and post-match serving both Brighton and Lewes). No doubt similar extra services will be in place for evening games.

Don't, therefore, jump to any conclusions yet about the details of getting home (to Brighton, Lewes or Haywards Heath) from evening games.

The simple question to the Club (which is what this thread is about) is ... when will the evening train timetables become available?

am the one

May 29, 2011
Worthing West Sussex
i would like to know how trains running each hour on match day,s (thats btn to falmer). living in worthing i understand thats i have to get a ticket to shoreham as last season, then the £30 book takes over is that right. please reply anyone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How will the club differentiate between season ticket holders with genuine mobility issues and disabled parking needs and "bad back blue badge bullshitters"?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How will the club differentiate between season ticket holders with genuine mobility issues and disabled parking needs and "bad back blue badge bullshitters"?

Isn't there new regulations coming in , to redefine the blue badge scheme ?

Seems an odd request to the club - what are you on about? As a starting point, you can only get a blue badge if:
1) You're registered blind OR
2) Receiving War Pensioner's mobilty supplement or higher rate mobilty component of Disability Living Allowance OR
3) Have a permanent and substantial disability which means you cannot walk, or makes walking very difficult OR
4) Drive a motor vehicle regularly and have a severe disability in both arms, making it very difficult or impossible to operate parking meters
The first two categories are self evident and you have to undergo a medical assessment to qualify under 3 and 4.

Isn't there new regulations coming in , to redefine the blue badge scheme ?

The following changes will be made to the scheme over the next year, by our very own Norman Baker MP :

the maximum fee a local authority can charge for a Blue Badge will increase from £2 to £10
the design of the Blue Badge will change to aid enforcement and make it harder to tamper with or forge
more disabled children and service personnel (eg members of the armed forces) will qualify for a Blue Badge

Radical stuff eh? There is also a stated intention to look at extending the scheme to people with serious, temporary mobility difficulties and to require the use of "independant medical assessments", whatever that means. Presumably, this is to take some work (for that they're trained for) away from GPs whilst they're trying to manage the majority of the NHS budget (for which they're not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here