Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel questions and *now* answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll transfer my questions from the other thread to this one.

Are car users (drivers and passengers) who turn up at a park and ride site without a travel voucher going to be turned away?

Young people aged 5-19 pay 20 pence for bus journeys they make on B&H local buses when they hold a BusID pass and are travelling with a fare paying adult. Will travelling with an Albion Travel Voucher holder on a local B&H bus service count as travelling with a fare-paying adult?

[That's probably a question for B&H Buses to answer, rather than the Club - but it's potentially a way for some young people to avoid the need to purchase a Travel Voucher]

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Will the vouchers be match-specific or date-specific? If date-specific (which I'd doubt) then how will postponed matches/replays be accommodated in the scheme?

Are travel vouchers transferable?

Will there be a 'cash alternative' on the P&R? If so, what will it be?

Let's Have A Winner!

Apr 23, 2006
Burgess Hill
Are the park and ride vouchers per car or per person? In other words with our car load of four people are we paying £30 or £120? It does state "free Park & Ride buses" on the leaflet so my assumption would be only one set of vouchers are required for us all.

Also, what happens if the Mill Road P & R site is full? And are there any provisions for away supporters arriving by car (i.e. are there plans for a dedicated away supporters P & R such as at Southampton for example?).

Can one book of Travel Vouchers be shared by more than one person? For example, could a car load of 4 people using Park & Ride use four travel vouchers from the same book?

Will "Walk Up and Go" passengers, "Kiss and Riders" and cyclists who park at, say, Mithras House or the Racecourse, and then use the Park & Ride buses, have to produce a Travel Voucher?

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
When I attended the season ticket presentations I purchased two season tickets and two complete books of travel vouchers. I paid in full for all.

I was told that the travel vouchers were £25 per person (covering 25 matches - 23 league and two cup games) and they would be sent to me together with season tickets in July. Now it appears that the travel vouchers are £30 !!

travel vouchers for 25 games is fine for me but please confirm that they will be sent to those who paid for them in advance and we will not have to stump up a further £5 just to receive them.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Looking at the travel map it appears that Telscombe, Saltdean, Rottingdean and Woodingdean do not appear in their plans, although they say the bus company will be running special buses. Where do I find out if special buses are running from these areas?

Bearing in mind that there are only 46 disabled parking spaces that are available to buy (on a seasonal basis only, at a price of £130 a season), what criteria will be used to decide which disabled people will be permitted to buy these places? And who will decide?

Two Questions....

Will the travel vouchers have a name on them? We are a group of 4 STH's but we wont all go to every game and I therefore want the possibility of buyer 3 sets, rather than 4.

Also, on the train, an adult can add kids tickets for £1. Could I do this if the adult has a travel voucher? I know it's the same price, but means I could just pay for the games the kids go to.

Are there any plans to assist disabled people get from the Sussex University car park to the stadium, if they find that they are unable to get a designated disabled parking space, but do succeed in getting a space elsewhere on the University campus?

[I have in mind, a scheme similar to the one introduced by Derby County at Pride Park.]

Dorking

Jul 2, 2011
I would like some clarification, please, on the parking in 'nearby' residential areas, not very comprehensively covered in the details.

In it, it says only that there will be stewards, and only residents will be allowed to park there. Can this be enforced? I don't think a steward can stop you parking there.

My understanding is that areas like Coldean and East Moulsecoomb are not as yet (and won't be by then) full parking controlled zones, and so not parking there can only be requested by stewards, but they have no power to stop anyone who has paid their road tax from parking in those areas. This can later be changed if the residents demand it from the council.

And ideally I would simply like an honest answer to this question, not a load of patronising guff about 'we'd rather you did it this way'. I know that, I'm interested in the facts only because I have weighed up the easiest way for me to get to the area.

Seconded. I've identified several nearby residential roads in Falmer Village with no parking restrictions at match times, which I'd choose to use for parking. If there's no yellow lines and no parking order, I'm not sure what legal power anyone would have to issue a ticket or tow away my car. As I see it, stewards may be deployed to request I don't park in these roads, but I don't believe they have any legal authority to deny me doing so. I would not be blocking any emergency vehicle route.

I think it would be a lot less ambiguous if Falmer Village simply extended it's controlled parking hours from 4pm up to, say 9pm (nd 7 days a week), then everyone would know where they stand.

I'd be keen to hear on what legal basis I would be denied the right to park there and indeed also on what legal basis I could be punished for parking there. Genuinely willing to listen and obey if sound facts can be provided.

I think the club should see if it can cope (transport-wise) with the current capacity before even thinking of extending the ground by 8k seats.

Last edited:

Seconded. I've identified several nearby residential roads in Falmer Village with no parking restrictions at match times, which I'd choose to use for parking. If there's no yellow lines and no parking order, I'm not sure what legal power anyone would have to issue a ticket or tow away my car. As I see it, stewards may be deployed to request I don't park in these roads, but I don't believe they have any legal authority to deny me doing so. I would not be blocking any emergency vehicle route.

I think it would be a lot less ambiguous if Falmer Village simply extended it's controlled parking hours from 4pm up to, say 9pm (nd 7 days a week), then everyone would know where they stand.

I'd be keen to hear on what legal basis I would be denied the right to park there and indeed also on what legal basis I could be punished for parking there. Genuinely willing to listen and obey if sound facts can be provided.

I think the club should see if it can cope (transport-wise) with the current capacity before even thinking of extending the ground by 8k seats.
These are particularly IMPORTANT questions for several reasons.

The first is that all of the evidence suggests that rail services will be full to capacity. This will discourage people from using the train (not a situation that existed at Withdean). Some of the discouraged will opt to use their car.

The second reason is that the evidence also suggests that the Park & Ride sites will also be fully subscribed (again, not a situation that applied to Withdean games). The Club has pledged to discourage parking in the streets around the P&R sites.

Thirdly, away fans will not have access to the paid for parking near the stadium.

Fourthly, bus access to the stadium will be limited to people who can conveniently reach a bus route (and those will be very busy as well).

All of this means that it is CERTAIN that a significant number of people will have no choice but to be using their cars, even though there is NO designated area for them to park in. This wasn't the case at Withdean.

It will therefore be IMPOSSIBLE for the Club to be effective in "discouraging parking in nearby residential areas". There will be thousands of fans who will have no choice but to try to park as close to the ground as they can, even if there is no such parking allocated to them. Away fans, in particular, will drive and will be offered nothing, apart from the promise of a team of stewards waiting to turn them away.

The simple question is:- What is the Club going to do about this?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Genuinely willing to listen and obey if sound facts can be provided.

Likewise, although to be honest I've written off Falmer village and am only looking at Coldean. If I have to get more creative, then I will. Ironically, driving from near Woking I might end up parking near Withdean and getting that B&H bus along Carden Ave to Falmer with the voucher, could be as quick as anything. Otherwise park near Hassocks or Wivelsfield, and use voucher on train.

But the point is, I just want the straight facts. There has been a reluctance to provide these, and the club and council are doing themselves no favours by just pretending it might all go away. Better to spell out very clearly what the score is.

There will, 100 per cent certain, be hundreds of people driving and trying to park in Coldean and Moulsecoomb rather than pay £20 per match, plus all the away fans. If you don't want all those people driving round in a panic at 2.30pm clogging up other roads, better to tell them all the relevant facts and implications re parking in residential areas now.

Likewise, although to be honest I've written off Falmer village and am only looking at Coldean. If I have to get more creative, then I will. Ironically, driving from near Woking I might end up parking near Withdean and getting that B&H bus along Carden Ave to Falmer with the voucher, could be as quick as anything. Otherwise park near Hassocks or Wivelsfield, and use voucher on train.

But the point is, I just want the straight facts. There has been a reluctance to provide these, and the club and council are doing themselves no favours by just pretending it might all go away. Better to spell out very clearly what the score is.

There will, 100 per cent certain, be hundreds of people driving and trying to park in Coldean and Moulsecoomb rather than pay £20 per match, plus all the away fans. If you don't want all those people driving round in a panic at 2.30pm clogging up other roads, better to tell them all the relevant facts and implications re parking in residential areas now.
Agreed.

Maybe the answer is to advise drivers to park elsewhere in the city and catch a bus? Churchill Square car park? Portland Road, Hove? The streets around Hove Town Hall? All sorts of options spring to mind. The point is that the Club need to be proactive about this and actually issue some advice.

Since this is a thread that asks for Questions to the Club, this is the question:-

What advice will the Club be giving to supporters (home and away), who feel that they have no choice but to come by car and have no access to paid-for parking or are unable to get access to a park & ride site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here