Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex travel questions and *now* answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Yesterday, the first bus driver was going to rip the barcode from my match ticket, 'that's what we have been told to do' he said. I said the barcode was needed for entering the stadium. 'But you have a ticket'. Yes, but's it's a contact less reader that permits entry. I replied. I might well have been speaking chinese! Anyway, he was going to go ahead. Stop! I said. Sell me a City Saver and I will reclaim the money from Roger French. With that he handed me the complete ticket back, said he would let me off this time! Shambles.

Lucky you knew about the barcode. Communication between the club and the bus companies doesn't seem to have been great. And between the bus companies and their drivers, even worse. The ones I spoke to yesterday were nice guys but hadn't been given any info about what would be happening. Just a map and the bus keys, it seemed!

The devil is in the detail, of course. We are still waiting for the Club to give answers to all of the questions that have been pulled together in the first post in this thread. More questions have arisen in the past two weeks.

The experience of yesterday may give some clues as to what the answers are, but remember ... yesterday's crowd was of Withdean proportions. The Spurs game will be different. For a start, yesterday we all travelled free of charge. Paid-for Travel Vouchers will be required for the Spurs game. Or so we are told.

Feb 14, 2010
I don't follow why whoever owns the field next to the ground doesn't turn it into a car park for match days. They would make a fortune at £10 a car and also solve parking issues at the same time. Either way, is there parking at the estates close to the ground and if so, how long is the walk?

I don't follow why whoever owns the field next to the ground doesn't turn it into a car park for match days. They would make a fortune at £10 a car and also solve parking issues at the same time. Either way, is there parking at the estates close to the ground and if so, how long is the walk?
The field is owned by Brighton & Hove City Council (even though much of the field is in the Lewes District Council area). The farmer is a tenant, presumably with a tenancy agreement that requires him to comply with certain conditions.

As for the second question ... the answer is yes. But there seems to be some sort of commitment by the Club to discourage parking there. How that will work is one of the questions that the Club is yet to answer.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm considering cycling. Presumably there are good secure places where I can lock up the bike? Also, does anyone know roughly how long it would cycle from say bottom of Coombe Road to Falmer and are the cycle lanes safe?

dantheman

Jul 16, 2011
The club have said that match by match travel vouchers will be available, so casual fans and/or those that will be using different means to get to the stadium for different games will still be able to get a voucher and use the transport it entitles them to.

But, it strikes me that the cost to the club in accepting, processing and fulfilling the order for a £1 item could be very expensive. If they were sold at the same time as a match ticket then this would reduce the cost of providing ad hoc vouchers, but I'm not sure it would completely resolve the issue.

Thats the kind of thing that I'm after, I'm away for most of the season, so wont be able to watch many games! Just hope they can implement it properly.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Answers to our questions have been answered by the club now

Great. Another example of how NSC whining has blown up in our face. What do the club think they're doing by answering all the questions that we've raised in order to give greater clarity on the transport situation?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here