Amex travel questions and *now* answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Unsticking this now as it's not intended to be a general discussion topic.

Hope to be back with answers in the near future and we'll set up a FAQ page for future reference (and JCLs).

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
OK I raised the question about getting to the bus stops the other side of the A27 (to go Lewes way). The article on the seagulls website regarding the opening of the bridge states that the new bridge provides a cycle/walking route joining the university sites thus avoiding the busy A27. Does this mean the bridge crosses the A27 therfore making it easy to get to the bus stops on the other side.

As I understand it, the new wide footbridge which has been built over the west end of Falmer station connects with the existing path from the station down to the subway underneath the A27 into the University of Sussex campus.
station - Google Maps

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club are working through the questions and we'll have the answers in the next few days.

We'll then make a 'getting to the amex' FAQ which should hopefully help a lot of people out.

MikeyPops

Jul 7, 2011
Worthing
It states on the club's "Arriving at the Amex Help us to get it right!" document that Stagecoach Buses are involved with the club-subsidised bus travel to Amex, and that looking at the map, Worthing is within the bus pick up area. However, I called in to their Worthing office today and spoke to a female member of staff who stated that they are not involved and that it is Stagedoor buses who I should be making my enquiry to. I understand that Stagedoor buses are running coaches/buses from all round the county and charging considerably more than £1 for the return journey. Please confirm that Stagecoach Buses have signed up to the club-subsidised bus travel, and if they have, have they published their match day timetables for both afternoon and evening kick-offs. Many thanks.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
right , quick question

I'm going to have to use two methods of transport there and two methods back - if I have the travel vouchers do I pay for one lot there and back and the travel vouchers cover another or do the travel vouchers cover all transport between a certain time period?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does the club understand that for casual fans the current pay up front 'match-specific' system can actually be a disincentive to use the best means of transport? In my case, I have a football special bus running right past my door which I'd like to use. However, as I can only make about 10 games all season and my partner will join me for 3/4, I don't want to stump up for SIXTY travel vouchers. I'd gladly pay a non-subsidised fare on the football special for the times I can go, but that's not allowed.

The normal buses take too long to get there, so that's out. Therefore I will either add to the congestion on the trains or drive and get as close as I can.

It's an ill-conceived system at the moment. There really must be either match by match vouchers (bought online and printed off perhaps?) or scrap the match specific requirement altogether.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
im going to be using P&R for first time , with my dad , (wontwant to walk too far), and boys from mill rd,

so question 1.is whereabouts in mill road do buses depart, top or bottom ?
2. can i access mill rd from the top end ?
3. what times do buses depart ?

im going to be using P&R for first time , with my dad , (wontwant to walk too far), and boys from mill rd,

so question 1.is whereabouts in mill road do buses depart, top or bottom ?
2. can i access mill rd from the top end ?
3. what times do buses depart ?

Assuming it's going to work the same as Withdean:

1) The buses gradually move up Mill Road as more cars are parked (on the rhs) and pick up people until the bus is full(ish). Once a full bus has departed, another is sent up from the bottom of Mill Road.
2) No, only from the bottom
3) When they're full.
4) There are four drop off points for the return (marked A-D) so you best determine which is the nearest to your car when you park.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Assuming it's going to work the same as Withdean:

1) The buses gradually move up Mill Road as more cars are parked (on the rhs) and pick up people until the bus is full(ish). Once a full bus has departed, another is sent up from the bottom of Mill Road.
2) No, only from the bottom
3) When they're full.
4) There are four drop off points for the return (marked A-D) so you best determine which is the nearest to your car when you park.

thanks for your concise and quick answers alex, you are indeed a legend, i remember that chant too, oo! oo!! ROFL

dantheman

Jul 16, 2011
Does the club understand that for casual fans the current pay up front 'match-specific' system can actually be a disincentive to use the best means of transport? In my case, I have a football special bus running right past my door which I'd like to use. However, as I can only make about 10 games all season and my partner will join me for 3/4, I don't want to stump up for SIXTY travel vouchers. I'd gladly pay a non-subsidised fare on the football special for the times I can go, but that's not allowed.

The normal buses take too long to get there, so that's out. Therefore I will either add to the congestion on the trains or drive and get as close as I can.

It's an ill-conceived system at the moment. There really must be either match by match vouchers (bought online and printed off perhaps?) or scrap the match specific requirement altogether.

This is my issue too! I've trawled this site for a good hour lookiong for information on this. Living in Woodingdean, route R looks perfect for me, but according to your post, you can only use the travel vouchers. I was just wondering where you found the information regarding the fact that you cant pay cash for a ticket, ta.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This is my issue too! I've trawled this site for a good hour lookiong for information on this. Living in Woodingdean, route R looks perfect for me, but according to your post, you can only use the travel vouchers. I was just wondering where you found the information regarding the fact that you cant pay cash for a ticket

It's in the information on the Brighton & Hove Buses website. To save you the bother of looking for it:

"There are also three new routes linking most parts of the city with the Amex. SAVER tickets and national concessionary passes will NOT be valid on these three services; only the travel vouchers issued by Brighton & Hove Albion will be valid for travel"

Last edited by a moderator:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The club have said that match by match travel vouchers will be available, so casual fans and/or those that will be using different means to get to the stadium for different games will still be able to get a voucher and use the transport it entitles them to.

But, it strikes me that the cost to the club in accepting, processing and fulfilling the order for a £1 item could be very expensive. If they were sold at the same time as a match ticket then this would reduce the cost of providing ad hoc vouchers, but I'm not sure it would completely resolve the issue.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yesterday, the first bus driver was going to rip the barcode from my match ticket, 'that's what we have been told to do' he said. I said the barcode was needed for entering the stadium. 'But you have a ticket'. Yes, but's it's a contact less reader that permits entry. I replied. I might well have been speaking chinese! Anyway, he was going to go ahead. Stop! I said. Sell me a City Saver and I will reclaim the money from Roger French. With that he handed me the complete ticket back, said he would let me off this time! Shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here