Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Travel info (vouchers, parking etc) *finally* announced

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have to agree with those above who say it isn't clear what "subsidised" means. The vouchers may just give you £2 off travel.

I'm surprised.

Where it says, 'if you travel from outside the 'zone' then purchase a ticket to the edge, then use your club subsidised voucher for the remainder of your journey' it's as clear as it needs to be. It doesn't say you need to go to the bus driver and purchase another ticket.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Park & Ride Info:

'when you board the bus have the first part of your travel voucher for inspection....................
..................The free park & ride buses will run from 12 noon on a Saturday'

So do I have to buy a book of vouchers or are there different vouchers for park & ride?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is excellant value for me living in Haywards Heath and has decided my method of travel to The Amex my only concern will be the frequency of trains to and from Falmer from Lewes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The most important question here is whether the only way to get these vouchers is in a book - which seems pretty clear in the leaflet - and therefore whether they are valid for more than one season.

If we haven't bought these vouchers we will be barred from the park-and-ride buses?

Seems a shame that this new stadium was supposed to be built around a sustainable transport scheme and then I'm going to be priced out of it and thus be coming by car on the couple of match-days I'll be there for.

I think this is excellent news with the vouchers. Coming from shoreham by Train, I save over £4. I have 3 other kids going with me, so think I will buy 3 travel vouchers for the 4 of us, as the younger 2 kids will not be doing some evening games.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
According to Sussex University, they're offering 1,100 parking spaces.

Wasn't it 1100 for day matches and 700 for evening?

Assuming so, they can't sell a 'season ticket' for the 400 that aren't available during evenings. What will they be used for when available then?

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My question is that living in lancing, will I be able to use 1 voucher to get the bus to shoreham and then use the same voucher to get the train to Falmer?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And ... why can't you use travel vouchers on Bus Routes 42 and 44 which run from central Brighton to the Stadium?

Simply because routes 42 and 44 are operated by the Big Lemon Bus Co. and NOT B&H Buses. Big Lemon do NOT accept the vouchers. Use the 25, 28 or 29 instead, or better still of course, the train.

Simples.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
And ... why can't you use travel vouchers on Bus Routes 42 and 44 which run from central Brighton to the Stadium?

This is a good point (although it's 42 and 43 that run to the stadium - 44 goes to Asda). It seems a bit daft to have a voucher scheme for public transport but only for half the buses.

Wasn't it 1100 for day matches and 700 for evening?

Assuming so, they can't sell a 'season ticket' for the 400 that aren't available during evenings. What will they be used for when available then?

In which case the club, if it doesn't secure 400 spaces elsewhere within 1.5km of the stadium, will not be complying with the conditions of the stadium planning consent.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is a good point (although it's 42 and 43 that run to the stadium - 44 goes to Asda). It seems a bit daft to have a voucher scheme for public transport but only for half the buses.

Believe it was the Big Lemon who decided to opt out of the scheme, not the Club. In any case frequencies on the 25, 28 and 29 are such that their shouldnt be too much trouble using them for travel to/from the stadium. Particularly as most people will use the train to/from central Brighton. The 5B (Hollingbury Asda), and the 49/49A (Lower Moulsecombe), are good back up options too, as both go within a short walk of the Amex.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Believe it was the Big Lemon who decided to opt out of the scheme, not the Club. In any case frequencies on the 25, 28 and 29 are such that their shouldnt be too much trouble using them for travel to/from the stadium. Particularly as most people will use the train to/from central Brighton. The 5B (Hollingbury Asda), and the 49/49A (Lower Moulsecombe), are good back up options too, as both go within a short walk of the Amex.

Using the Big Lemon isn't such a horrific option. It just means you'll pay £2.50 instead of £1.30.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here