Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Travel info (vouchers, parking etc) *finally* announced

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh. That's slightly better. Still it may be enough to put me off paying for a space as I've two young children and don't like the idea of waiting for an indeterminate length off time to start the homeward journey.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Without LB raising these questions and highlighting issues that need to be resolved we could have been up a creek with no paddle.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It will be easier than it would have been to get to Toads Hole Valley or Sheepcote, but it will still be quite a challenge.

I think this is a salient point and one that's been forgotten. Whatever the problems with Falmer - they'd have been a hundred times worse if we had a ground in the above places. Or, even worse, Beeding Cement Works or Pende.

Is there a sound reason why the transport 'concession' area only extends Eastwards to Lewes but West to Worthing and North to Haywards Heath?
It's obvious. It's a deliberate attempt to inconvenience me - a daily user of Glynde Station.

Actually, there is so little parking at Glynde (and only an hourly train service) that I'm quite pleased that nobody has thought that it might be a good idea to encourage more people to use the trains that stop there.

:)

A day return ticket from Glynde to Falmer is £3.70. A day return to Lewes is £3.10. Using a £1 travel voucher for the Lewes - Falmer part of the journey will make the total journey MORE EXPENSIVE. I guess I should be getting irritated about this, but, to be honest, I don't find the rail fare excessively expensive, particularly since the parking is free.

If someone wants to let me make the whole journey for a quid, I'm not going to complain, though.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's obvious. It's a deliberate attempt to inconvenience me - a daily user of Glynde Station.

Actually, there is so little parking at Glynde (and only an hourly train service) that I'm quite pleased that nobody has thought that it might be a good idea to encourage more people to use the trains that stop there.

:)

A day return ticket from Glynde to Falmer is £3.70. A day return to Lewes is £3.10. Using a £1 travel voucher for the Lewes - Falmer part of the journey will make the total journey MORE EXPENSIVE. I guess I should be getting irritated about this, but, to be honest, I don't find the rail fare excessively expensive, particularly since the parking is free.

If someone wants to let me make the whole journey for a quid, I'm not going to complain, though.

£2.45 at weekends if you've got a Network Railcard. :)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The 25 only stops at falmer station after stopping at Sussex Uni, village way and Brighton Uni. Think it might be full after that! In fact, the best way to get a bus may be to get one heading towards the stadium at Sussex Uni!

What an absolutely brill idea. l wonder though if we were to try that, if the orange peril (stewards), would pull us off the bus when it arrived at the Amex coach park (thats where the 25 will terminate/depart on match days apparantly), and push us to the back of the endless queue of people waiting to get on?.

God l hope everyone else goes back to Brighton by train!.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here