Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Travel info (vouchers, parking etc) *finally* announced

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
they have written it and drawn a picture ! the voucher at withdean was free , this time its a pound. No confusion !

don't be a patronising dick

this leaflet is being distributed to thousands of people who may have limited knowledge of the Withdean scheme and implications for trains etc - for a variety of reasons, incl. differing limitations/options available getting to the two grounds.

whilst the map is clear on zones, the following text is not clear on whether 'subsidised' means you pay nothing more, or receive a subsidised discount.

"To take advantage of club-subsidised train travel to the
Amex you will need a book of club travel vouchers.
The first part of your travel voucher is for use on your
outward journey; keep hold of the second portion of
the travel voucher for your return journey.
If you are travelling from outside the subsidised travel
zone, please purchase a ticket, return if necessary,
to the edge of the travel area and then use your
subsidised travel voucher for the remainder of
the journey."

Jam The Man - are you really saying that 50p each way is too expensive for a child to travel?
It's way more expensive than the 20 pence single fare that young people aged 5-19 (NINETEEN) are paying for every other bus journey they make on B&H Buses when they hold a BusID pass and are travelling with a fare paying adult.

So here's another question ... Will travelling with an Albion Travel Voucher holder count as travelling with a fare-paying adult?

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
don't be a patronising dick

this leaflet is being distributed to thousands of people who may have limited knowledge of the Withdean scheme and implications for trains etc - for a variety of reasons, incl. differing limitations/options available getting to the two grounds.

whilst the map is clear on zones, the following text is not clear on whether 'subsidised' means you pay nothing more, or receive a subsidised discount.

"To take advantage of club-subsidised train travel to the
Amex you will need a book of club travel vouchers.
The first part of your travel voucher is for use on your
outward journey; keep hold of the second portion of
the travel voucher for your return journey.
If you are travelling from outside the subsidised travel
zone, please purchase a ticket, return if necessary,
to the edge of the travel area and then use your
subsidised travel voucher for the remainder of
the journey."

not meaning to be patronising. Makes sense to me though

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The confusion is it says the vouchers allow "subsidised" travel, not free travel.

There is no 'free' travel as you put it. Within the zone you use one voucher, half voucher there, half voucher back. The voucher costs you a £1 in total, the club 'subsidises' the additional cost of your journey. This applies to buses and trains. There is still some clarification needed regarding coach travel.

Can't believe Lord Bracknell and Alex Dawson aren't online to ask 764 questions concerning various ambiguities with the scheme.

Oh well, that'll be something to look forward to tomorrow.

OK. I won't bother.

Except to wonder how on earth the Club imagines that 46 parking spaces for disabled supporters is anywhere near adequate and to ask whether they have a clue how difficult it is for many people with disabilities and mobility problems to use overcrowded buses, trains and park & ride services. The current parking standard for a stadium with a 22,500 capacity (and 2,000+ parking spaces) is to provide more than 130 Blue Badge spaces, ideally within 200 metres of the stadium entrance.

At least those many Blue Badge holders who won't get a chance of having a near-stadium parking space will save the £7 a game cost of disabled parking.

Me neither LB.

Though perhaps NSC's Bashar al-Assad might like to add the missing car park spaces to the agenda prior to the next "I've just spoken with the club..........." telecon.
ie: 2,000 - 2,200 near-site spaces required to comply with the stadium planning consent.
2,004 currently available; comprisng 650 in Bennett's Field for 1901 members, 700 at Sussex Univ for 1901 members and STH's to buy, 46 for disabled attendees (wow!)............... and the remaining 608?

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Can't believe Lord Bracknell and Alex Dawson aren't online to ask 764 questions concerning various ambiguities with the scheme.

Oh well, that'll be something to look forward to tomorrow.

How bizarre.
I can only assume cider had been taken? Otherwise why ridicule the two most knowledgeable and forensic posters on a subject that concerns nearly everybody?

One of the reasons that makes NSC a 'must visit' site for Brighton fans is that all through the stadium process, subject matter experts have shared their insight for free. It would be more than a shame if they felt their contributions weren't especially welcome anymore.

If they (LB & AD) can't be bothered anymore and we are left with the Insider and Mr Hebbard to answer our questions then we are f***ed, especially as most of us don't know which questions to ask in the first place.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Can't believe anyone can moan at about a quid a game. For those coming from Eastbourne and further East by train the vouchers aren't worth getting but thats not a moan, just a comment. The return fare from Eastbourne with a network card to Falmer is currently £5.35 whilst to Lewes its £4.45.

I think the club have done a great job with the scheme and made it very cheap. £1 for a park and ride is very cheap imo.

Just noticed this from official website:

"Due to the huge demand for tickets we are considering putting in a planning application for extra seats - so it is important we make the stadium run as smoothly as possible in all aspects and, in particular, travel."

How have I missed that?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Car park season ticket is £360 - basically around £15 per match - top end of what I was thinking it might be but going to give it some serious consideration

Actually if you have three people in the car, as I will have, it's only £250 more than the travel vouchers which will have to be purchased.

If you can get five people in the car that works out at £72 a season each compared to £30 for the vouchers so only £42 extra a season to avoid the train/bus queues

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Questions, questions! And now for another one..

Does anyone know if we can use a travel voucher for multiple methods of transport?

For instance, can I, say, get a *BUS* from Worthing to Shoreham, then *TRAIN* from Shoreham to the Amex? Or does the bus driver retain the stub preventing me from using at Shoreham train station?

Anyone try this at Withdean?

Cheers guys!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
OK. I won't bother.

Me neither LB.

How bizarre.
I can only assume cider had been taken? Otherwise why ridicule the two most knowledgeable and forensic posters on a subject that concerns nearly everybody?

Jeez, I wasn't ridiculing them. Maybe I should make more use of smilies. I just found it ironic that this stuff slipped out just before 1am on a Friday night when our two men in the know weren't about.

If they (LB & AD) can't be bothered anymore and we are left with the Insider and Mr Hebbard to answer our questions then we are f***ed, especially as most of us don't know which questions to ask in the first place.

I wouldn't say "f***ed", but I otherwise agree with the sentiment.

Perhaps we should have a thread open for a few days for people to post questions regarding the travel scheme which we then consolidate and take to the club.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just noticed this from official website:

"Due to the huge demand for tickets we are considering putting in a planning application for extra seats - so it is important we make the stadium run as smoothly as possible in all aspects and, in particular, travel."

How have I missed that?

Have you missed what? We all know they want to put planning application(s) in for more seats when they are able to. They've not done it yet, and couldn't until such time as everything at the Amex is working smoothly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Have to agree with those above who say it isn't clear what "subsidised" means. The vouchers may just give you £2 off travel.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Questions, questions! And now for another one..

Does anyone know if we can use a travel voucher for multiple methods of transport?

For instance, can I, say, get a *BUS* from Worthing to Shoreham, then *TRAIN* from Shoreham to the Amex? Or does the bus driver retain the stub preventing me from using at Shoreham train station?

Anyone try this at Withdean?

Cheers guys!

I did it a fair whack at Withdean. For an evening game, I'd travel by train from Lewes to Brighton, have a beer in the Great Eastern, then take the bus to Withdean from St Peter's Church.

Of course, by this time, the bus and train companies weren't so fussed about gathering vouchers. For this wee enterprise, they might be a bit more vigilant about collecting tickets.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Me neither LB.

Though perhaps NSC's Bashar al-Assad might like to add the missing car park spaces to the agenda prior to the next "I've just spoken with the club..........." telecon.
ie: 2,000 - 2,200 near-site spaces required to comply with the stadium planning consent.
2,004 currently available; comprisng 650 in Bennett's Field for 1901 members, 700 at Sussex Univ for 1901 members and STH's to buy, 46 for disabled attendees (wow!)............... and the remaining 608?

According to Sussex University, they're offering 1,100 parking spaces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here