Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex season ticket prices

Don't you go coming on here being all reasonable and explaining how things in the real world are. :p

Did you enjoy the game? I see our boy (OFS) got both goals. Maybe draws at the moment, but they are holding their own, be cracking if the Albion were to draw them in the cup. :thumbsup:
Your boy dun good - although his second goal was his first non-penalty of the season. The big lad, Matthews, recently signed as a striker, had a storming game, much helped by Craig Reid's positional skills and off-the-ball movement. Some of the County fans there thought that Reid had had a fairly quiet game and that he's still adjusting to the higher level - but I read the game much more as good evidence of County having a very strong pairing up front.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Actually, I just found a new flag on our credit tool.

Foray 585 Limited was setup in 1993 and is now the holding company. BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION HOLDINGS LIMITED

The stadium company was certainly only setup in 2002

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Currently, BHA's commercial income (excludes ticket sales, TV money and grants) amounts to £1.48m/pa, as I've posted previously, matchday income for the same period (2009 figures) is £1.97m.

I'd have thought the football club and stadium may well operate as two separate businesses - they were originally set up as two companies by Knight, Chapman and Perry, with this clearly in mind.
Taking what Superphil said and your post above it is interesting to see the split between 'other commercial income' and ticket sales. We've all seen the simplistic posts on here where people try and show that reduced ticket prices automatically equates to reduced income and your post demonstrates that it ain't necessarily so. It's not so relevant at Withdean, but if they can drag punters into the Amex and then keep selling them things when they're there (get them to buy merchandise from the club shop for example), they could generate more overall income than simply by keeping prices high and trusting that fans will turn up regardless.

It will be a balancing act and I'm sure this topic will come up again and again!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
what's the latest on the real ale bar then?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The balancing act is there for all to see, ticket sales are not the be all and end all for club finances. It's the whole package that allows a club to try and run to a profit. I think it was Stoke City who last year were the only Premier club to balance incomings with outgoings, other than them, we are all in the same boat, it costs more to run a club that a club can take in income. So relaince on handouts, sugar daddies, merchandise sales, hospitality, hot dogs and real ale sales will all be vital contributions. Sure, from a football appreciation perspective there is no substitute for a full stadium every week, it encourages the team, it improves cashflow, and if both those things can step up, then the team is in a better position to progress.

Taking what Superphil said and your post above it is interesting to see the split between 'other commercial income' and ticket sales. We've all seen the simplistic posts on here where people try and show that reduced ticket prices automatically equates to reduced income and your post demonstrates that it ain't necessarily so. It's not so relevant at Withdean, but if they can drag punters into the Amex and then keep selling them things when they're there (get them to buy merchandise from the club shop for example), they could generate more overall income than simply by keeping prices high and trusting that fans will turn up regardless.

It will be a balancing act and I'm sure this topic will come up again and again!

Just info from the 2009 annual return; personally I don't think it shows anything of the sort although your point seems reasonable to me. I guess that one of the prime objectives from next season will be to reverse and maximise the football club's income/expenditure differential asap - potentially, there's also a lot of money to pay back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here