Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex season ticket prices

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At the moment no one can tell what 'overpriced' is. If the club choose to sell STs at £1000 and charge non-STHs £75 per game - and the ground sells out, then by definition the tickets are not over-priced; indeed you could argue that they're a bit cheap as the demand exceeds the supply. If on the other hand there's only a few "I'll pay any price to watch the Albion" style fans rattling around then yes they ARE over-priced.

But as we don't know what either a) the prices will be and b) what the demand will be - this whole discussions is at best a bit premature.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't think anyone is in any doubt that, for what we've received in terms of facilities and comfort, Withdean has been horribly over-priced, although every knows (or at least ought to know) why.

However, for Falmer, the club is probably caught between two stools. On the one hand, the stadium has cost £93m, largely out of one person's back pocket, so who are we, in the business sense, to demand that we have seats at a price which could hamper any possible future funding for players / extra facilities etc in order that we move up the leagues.

Similarly, we have had 12 years of getting soaked in an under-spec venue not designed for attracting paying customers, so I would say we are morally justified in demanding lower prices.

For my part, a non-reduction from the current level would be unfair, and an increase - any increase - would be taking the piss, unless someone can make a strong justification for it.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I don't think anyone is in any doubt that, for what we've received in terms of facilities and comfort, Withdean has been horribly over-priced, although every knows (or at least ought to know) why.

However, for Falmer, the club is probably caught between two stools. On the one hand, the stadium has cost £93m, largely out of one person's back pocket, so who are we, in the business sense, to demand that we have seats at a price which could hamper any possible future funding for players / extra facilities etc in order that we move up the leagues.

Similarly, we have had 12 years of getting soaked in an under-spec venue not designed for attracting paying customers, so I would say we are morally justified in demanding lower prices.

For my part, a non-reduction from the current level would be unfair, and an increase - any increase - would be taking the piss, unless someone can make a strong justification for it.

Agree - prices should be frozen as it will STILL be expensive enough if we're in L1 or Champ next season!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Or the manner of asking. I don't want to wait until October for the prices. Really? How does an 8 year old know about Peter Grummitt?

My point being if there is any shred of truth in this i.e any type of increase, or the fact it may even be considered by the board, I would rather know now to plan ahead abit. I thought the reply from Insider was fair enough, I was hoping it wouldn't just be the bog standard answer of 'Details will be released in October' and I wasn't dissapointed.

I agree I may have worded it abit differently, but wouldn't you be pissed off if it does turn out to be a massive price hike? Better to ask the question now in vain hope and let the club know how I (maybe others) feel, than wait for the envelope to drop through the door in October when its too late and all been decided.

If NSC isn't the place to post rumours etc that you here about the club, then I apologise for not understanding what the message board is about and bow down to your greater wisdom.

Unfortunately I am slightly older than 8 and saw Peter Grummitt play for the first time in August 1976 at home to Southend.

My point being if there is any shred of truth in this i.e any type of increase, or the fact it may even be considered by the board, I would rather know now to plan ahead abit. I thought the reply from Insider was fair enough, I was hoping it wouldn't just be the bog standard answer of 'Details will be released in October' and I wasn't dissapointed.

I agree I may have worded it abit differently, but wouldn't you be pissed off if it does turn out to be a massive price hike? Better to ask the question now in vain hope and let the club know how I (maybe others) feel, than wait for the envelope to drop through the door in October when its too late and all been decided.

If NSC isn't the place to post rumours etc that you here about the club, then I apologise for not understanding what the message board is about and bow down to your greater wisdom.

Unfortunately I am slightly older than 8 and saw Peter Grummitt play for the first time in August 1976 at home to Southend.
It is quite simple - you have done what is known as a Ben's Grandad. You have heard a rumour, decided to, IMO, abuse the ATC feature by asking if it is true and then for good measure added your damning indictment within the question - presumably prejudging the answer. All based on a rumour. Which goes against what the club have said all along. And is information that will be available in a few weeks.

And despite your sarky comment at the end, this thread seems to prove that most people think you have acted like the proverbial.

I think it'll be quite a challenge to achieve a reduction in ticket prices when:

1) The chairman has stated that the club should be self-financing at Falmer and has only commited to "underwriting" the losses associated with playing at Withdean.
2) BHA's current bill for wages and salaries (£4.76m/pa) is 2.4x matchday income (£1.97m) and greater than the club's total annual income (£4.48m).
3) There's TB's outstanding loan(s) to repay by 2023/25(?), or maybe the club will be paying a "rent" to the Community Stadium Company?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I went to see AFC Wimbledon v Newport County today.

£14 for a terrace ticket
£16 - £18 for a seat
£40 for the posh "President's Lounge" deal

No travel deal, of course. 3,828 there, 429 from Newport.

If teams are charging £18 for a seat to watch Blue Square Premier football, I can't see the Albion dropping the price to anywhere near £15 (including travel voucher) for League One.

Don't you go coming on here being all reasonable and explaining how things in the real world are. :p

Did you enjoy the game? I see our boy (OFS) got both goals. Maybe draws at the moment, but they are holding their own, be cracking if the Albion were to draw them in the cup. :thumbsup:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think it'll be quite a challenge to achieve a reduction in ticket prices when:

1) The chairman has stated that the club should be self-financing at Falmer and has only commited to "underwriting" the losses associated with playing at Withdean.
2) BHA's current bill for wages and salaries (£4.76m/pa) is 2.4x matchday income (£1.97m) and greater than the club's total annual income (£4.48m).
3) There's TB's outstanding loan(s) to repay by 2023/25(?), or maybe the club will be paying a "rent" to the Community Stadium Company?

Understood, but then so much more income will be generated through means other than ticket sales at Falmer - vastly more AND disproportionate to what we have at Withdean.

I would hope that the projected plans and figures for the club would mean that it doesn't still fall to ticket sales to bear the burden of generated income.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Understood, but then so much more income will be generated through means other than ticket sales at Falmer - vastly more AND disproportionate to what we have at Withdean.

I would hope that the projected plans and figures for the club would mean that it doesn't still fall to ticket sales to bear the burden of generated income.

Totally agree, but I will reserve my comments until we know the actual details in October.

And Phil, those prices for AFC Wimbledon are just ridiculous for non-league football.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Totally agree, but I will reserve my comments until we know the actual details in October.

And Phil, those prices for AFC Wimbledon are just ridiculous for non-league football.

Just taken a straw poll of the top 9 teams in the Conference table right now

Mansfield, dearest, £18, cheapest, £15
Crawley, dearest, £17, cheapest, £14
Luton, all at, £18,
Fleetwood, dearest, £14.50, cheapest, £12.50
Southport, dearest, £14, cheapest, £12.50
Rushden & Diamonds, all at, £17
Darlington, all at £18
Grimsby, all at £18
Wimbledon, dearest, £18, cheapest, £14

Not that great a discrepancy betweenthem. I agree, they are ridiculous, but they are all ridiculous not just AFCW. There are various schemes, memberships, season tickets etc, which offer better rates, just like there are at AFCW, but generally, those are the prices.

Reading about Rusden and Diamonds, they state that;

"Due to a new Conference Directive imposed upon us regarding parity between entry prices for home and away fans, we are unfortunately no longer able to offer entry to the De Banke Terrace at a reduced rate. However, fans can circumnavigate this by joining the Supporters Trust and we will be offering a discounted rate on the De Banke Terrace to anyone showing their Supporters Trust Card at the time of buying a ticket or at entry to the turnstiles."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

I am not sure I understand your point Al. Surely the main income stream for any football club is its ticket sales ( Yes Ok, you could suggest that to afford decent players like Chelsea and man City have done you need wealthy owners who see it as a play thing rather than a business proposition).

i was listening to a Middlesboro finance guy at the weekend talking about their pitiful gates and how it is becoming increasingly difficuly to finance debt if you are not in the top flight attracting the "big " teams. He was basically saing that Middlesboro cannot live on gates of 14,000 and as people are not paying money through the gate , it is a vicious circle wheeby the income drops, therefore they cannot buy better players so the crowds are not attracted to the club.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Maybe there will be a wide range of ST prices at Falmer given the bigger choice of seating areas. So there could be ST more expensive than now in what will be regarded as best seats and some cheaper than now. Just a thought.

I was under the impression that this was the plan.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was under the impression that this was the plan.

which is why I am probably not going to take up the early bird ST option that will be available presumably.

I think once the original rush is over, ie selling out the first few games, then seats will be available all over the place, so then it will be a good idea to sit in various areas to see what best suits. If that means I done get to see the first few and miss out then hey,....chosing a seat in a half built stadium not knowing where will be best ( OK the corporate/1901 have taken the best ones) doesnt really appeal

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I am not sure I understand your point Al. Surely the main income stream for any football club is its ticket sales ( Yes Ok, you could suggest that to afford decent players like Chelsea and man City have done you need wealthy owners who see it as a play thing rather than a business proposition).

i was listening to a Middlesboro finance guy at the weekend talking about their pitiful gates and how it is becoming increasingly difficuly to finance debt if you are not in the top flight attracting the "big " teams. He was basically saing that Middlesboro cannot live on gates of 14,000 and as people are not paying money through the gate , it is a vicious circle wheeby the income drops, therefore they cannot buy better players so the crowds are not attracted to the club.

I suppose what TLO meant was that ticket income is the only income you get from Withdean. Falmer will have much more opportunity to get income from non-matchday sources e.g. conferences, dinners etc

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I suppose what TLO meant was that ticket income is the only income you get from Withdean. Falmer will have much more opportunity to get income from non-matchday sources e.g. conferences, dinners etc

I suppose so, but that would still be a drop in the ocean compared to ticket sales.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just taken a straw poll of the top 9 teams in the Conference table right now

Mansfield, dearest, £18, cheapest, £15
Crawley, dearest, £17, cheapest, £14
Luton, all at, £18,
Fleetwood, dearest, £14.50, cheapest, £12.50
Southport, dearest, £14, cheapest, £12.50
Rushden & Diamonds, all at, £17
Darlington, all at £18
Grimsby, all at £18
Wimbledon, dearest, £18, cheapest, £14

Not that great a discrepancy betweenthem. I agree, they are ridiculous, but they are all ridiculous not just AFCW. There are various schemes, memberships, season tickets etc, which offer better rates, just like there are at AFCW, but generally, those are the prices.

Reading about Rusden and Diamonds, they state that;

"Due to a new Conference Directive imposed upon us regarding parity between entry prices for home and away fans, we are unfortunately no longer able to offer entry to the De Banke Terrace at a reduced rate. However, fans can circumnavigate this by joining the Supporters Trust and we will be offering a discounted rate on the De Banke Terrace to anyone showing their Supporters Trust Card at the time of buying a ticket or at entry to the turnstiles."

Ouch!

That is a lot of money to watch non-league football.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ouch!

That is a lot of money to watch non-league football.

I think some people were getting ghot under the collar about Wigan only taking 60 odd fans to White Hart lane......I heard somewhere that away tickets at WHL are £45? If that is the case, you can understand it.

When Huddersfield played at Chelsea in the cup a couple of years back, Chelsea wanted £47.50 + booking fee of £2.50 a ticket for away fans.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I cannot see prices for ST coming down at Falmer.

Hopefully there will still be some good deals to encourage kids and Under 21s

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here