Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex season ticket prices

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
League one? And the rest.

They're higher than almost all the Championship clubs and a fair few PL sides too.

and we still lose money, so not really a shock is it.

If the club new that they could sell out at Falmer week in week out, then I am sure that the prices will be much lower than if half full. Whatever the crowds the club will have fixed costs at Falmer. More fans = costs spread further.
So how about some of you would be regulars coming to Withdean?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If that rumours true it's going to be awefully empty in there, I was going to buy a ST but at those prices I definitely would not.

If the club new that they could sell out at Falmer week in week out, then I am sure that the prices will be much lower than if half full. Whatever the crowds the club will have fixed costs at Falmer. More fans = costs spread further.
So how about some of you would be regulars coming to Withdean?
An illiterate troll? On NSC? With my reputation?

13thduke2.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If they are offering a price in Oct and the cost is spread over 8 months rather than 4 then I suspect many people will be jumping at that.

Reasonable point but I always just pay up front

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Reasonable point but I always just pay up front
Some people cant afford to 'just pay up front'!

Surprised you can see your keyboard whilst looking down your nose!

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't even know why this is being debated. It's clearly bollocks. Even if it turns out to be correct, at this stage in a bloke-in-pub-rumor context, it's still total bollocks.

In 4-8 weeks we'll know for sure, why not just wait until then?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

What the f*** is that sort of comment ?

Easy to get an interest free credit card and pay no interest - twat

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Withers was always going to be expencive, trying to run a club on gates of 6k when other clubs could get 18k.

but we've put up with the most basic facilities for a long, long time and that deserves some recognition.

I don't doubt that the best seats at falmer could, and should, attract a high price. The Corporate market is going very well, but, for the bread and butter fans, it's not just a case of forking out extra, it's the fact that many just cannot afford the prices as they are NOW.

I cannot afford full Withers prices and the fact I'll have a comfy seat and roof does not mean I'll have extra fundage to become a regular at Falmer. i really hope that they keep a competitive edge to the prices.

Even in the Prem, it's not unusual to see large areas of empty seats. I'd hope they could do a £15 price for seats in some of the less popular areas of the ground.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

That's a bit harsh! Surely all he's saying is that an up front payment is usually the cheapest option, but this might not be affordable if they start an 8 month plan during this season.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
That's a bit harsh! Surely all he's saying is that an up front payment is usually the cheapest option, but this might not be affordable if they start an 8 month plan during this season.
Then he could/should have worded it a bit better! An up front payment may be the cheapest option but it may not be an option everyone can afford.
And not everyone can get or wants to get an interest free credit card.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Then he could/should have worded it a bit better! An up front payment may be the cheapest option but it may not be an option everyone can afford.
And not everyone can get or wants to get an interest free credit card.

I must admit I do not agree with the club charging more for installments.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
What the f*** is that sort of comment ?

Easy to get an interest free credit card and pay no interest - twat
I may have been a little harsh (and for that I apologise) but maybe you could have worded your comments a little better?

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
The club will look to optimise its revenues at Falmer (just as it does at Withdean). However, unlike at Withdean it will have much more varied inventory with greater variation in demand between the different areas of the stadium. My guess is that we will see a wider variety of price points than at Withdean and a bigger gap between cheapest and most expensive.

No doubt the club will make all the right noises, but ultimately pricing decisions will be hard headed.

I went to see AFC Wimbledon v Newport County today.

£14 for a terrace ticket
£16 - £18 for a seat
£40 for the posh "President's Lounge" deal

No travel deal, of course. 3,828 there, 429 from Newport.

If teams are charging £18 for a seat to watch Blue Square Premier football, I can't see the Albion dropping the price to anywhere near £15 (including travel voucher) for League One.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Maybe there will be a wide range of ST prices at Falmer given the bigger choice of seating areas. So there could be ST more expensive than now in what will be regarded as best seats and some cheaper than now. Just a thought.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
We've paid almost double the true worth for ten years.

What are you basing 'true worth' on?

If it's based on Withdean facilities and quality of football, you're right. (If it were simply on the quality of football, I can think of some years at the Goldstone when they should have paid us to watch!)

However, it can't just be based on that, can it? The club has to be run as a business and running costs have to be a big part of the price of tickets. Even with the ticket prices as they have been for 10 years, the club has made a loss every year.

I would hate to have the responsibility of making the decision on ticket prices. How do you balance the needs of the business with the fans' desire for tickets to be as cheap as possible? And the theory that charging less will get more fans through the gate is a very simplistic one which can't take into account the one very important variable...the quality of the football. Even at very low prices there will be many who will not go if the football isn't up to their expectations.

In the end the club will charge what they think is right, knowing that there will always be some who will complain. It's not as if anyone is going to make a fortune out of it. The best they can hope for is that the majority will think the prices fair, everything considered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here