Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex season ticket prices

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And FWIW it's worth even Ryman League football is pretty expensive. It was £8 to get into Horsham YMCA last year(Ryman South) - haven't been this year yet, but may well have gone up. Prices are set by the Ryman League, not the Clubs.

Horsham in Ryman Premier is more expensive I believe.

Football ain't cheap to watch, at what ever level.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
its free at Mile Oak...LOL and the coffee at half time is drinkable!

I suppose so, but that would still be a drop in the ocean compared to ticket sales.

Currently, BHA's commercial income (excludes ticket sales, TV money and grants) amounts to £1.48m/pa, as I've posted previously, matchday income for the same period (2009 figures) is £1.97m.

I'd have thought the football club and stadium may well operate as two separate businesses - they were originally set up as two companies by Knight, Chapman and Perry, with this clearly in mind.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
. Surely the main income stream for any football club is its ticket sales .

I will stand to be corrected, but I am sure I watched a program, or read a report sometime back that stated clearly that no football clubs can survive on ticket sales alone, and that ticket sales for most premier clubs and many lower down the leagues make up a small portion of the clubs revenue, something like that.

Either way, it was clear in stating that if clubs [in the UK] had to survive on ticket revenue alone they would all go bust. It's the sponsors and benefactors that keep clubs like the Albion afloat, in the same way they keep United and Chelsea top of the Premier League, and South Coast Club in new managers, it ain't bums on seats. The benefit of bums on seats is that then the sponsors will pay more, because there are more people there to see their advertisments.

How much do the Albion take in ticket sales? Average gate of say 6500 x average ticket price say £22 x 23 games = just over £3M. The clubs stated matchday turnover in 2009 was in fact £1.9M, so that takes into account kids tickets, concessions, and the occasional lower attendances. The clubs total invome was around £4.4M in 2009. The clubs expenses in 2009, £8.9M, so the cost of tickets for the Albion is by no means the main income stream.

Further reasons that each and every one of us should be gratefull to DK, TB and all the directors of the club who have stumped up for us for the past 12 years.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Currently, BHA's commercial income (excludes ticket sales, TV money and grants) amounts to £1.48m/pa, as I've posted previously, matchday income for the same period (2009 figures) is £1.97m.

I'd have thought the football club and stadium may well operate as two separate businesses - they were originally set up as two companies by Knight, Chapman and Perry, with this clearly in mind.

I stand corrected. I suppose theis is where the balancing act will come in.

It would be interesting to see if the board knew that they are guaranteed the 1901 income...they will probably get the majority of STH's to renew come what may and there will be a groundswell of interest from those who havent been or wont go now, if they put prices up to say £750 a ST and £30 a ticket just what inpact it would make on the finances of teh club and how many would baulk at that sort of sum

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I suppose so, but that would still be a drop in the ocean compared to ticket sales.

But would it?

ROUGH figures...

15,000 x £25.00 x 23 matches = £8.6m revenue pa.

• Say 10,000 x £10.00 (food & beer) x 23 matches = £2.3m pa (of course the club doesn't see all of that)
• Say 1,000 (1901 Club) x £40.00 lunches x 23 matches = £0.92m (likewise)
•*1901 Club membership (figures of a few million already being banded about)
• Merchandise
• Corporate sponsorship
• Stadium naming rights

Of course, tickets will form a mahoosive part of the income, but I wouldn't say other forms of revenue are 'a drop in the ocean'.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

One thing; the stadium company was set up by Bill Archer.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I will stand to be corrected, but I am sure I watched a program, or read a report sometime back that stated clearly that no football clubs can survive on ticket sales alone, and that ticket sales for most premier clubs and many lower down the leagues make up a small portion of the clubs revenue, something like that.

Either way, it was clear in stating that if clubs [in the UK] had to survive on ticket revenue alone they would all go bust. It's the sponsors and benefactors that keep clubs like the Albion afloat, in the same way they keep United and Chelsea top of the Premier League, and South Coast Club in new managers, it ain't bums on seats. The benefit of bums on seats is that then the sponsors will pay more, because there are more people there to see their advertisments.

How much do the Albion take in ticket sales? Average gate of say 6500 x average ticket price say £22 x 23 games = just over £3M. The clubs stated matchday turnover in 2009 was in fact £1.9M, so that takes into account kids tickets, concessions, and the occasional lower attendances. The clubs total invome was around £4.4M in 2009. The clubs expenses in 2009, £8.9M, so the cost of tickets for the Albion is by no means the main income stream.

Further reasons that each and every one of us should be gratefull to DK, TB and all the directors of the club who have stumped up for us for the past 12 years.

You need to calculate sth separately as the average cost per game for mine is only £18. Take into account 2 home cup ties aswell. Love to see how the club arrive at only £1.9m for matchday turnover (ie not limited to tickets) if you take into account income from sales of programmes, withdean wager, concessions, hospitality etc.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You need to calculate sth separately as the average cost per game for mine is only £18. Take into account 2 home cup ties aswell. Love to see how the club arrive at only £1.9m for matchday turnover (ie not limited to tickets) if you take into account income from sales of programmes, withdean wager, concessions, hospitality etc.

Those are the published figures for matchday turnover in 09. Ave attendance was 6466, equates to around £13 per person, I think. Perhaps thay have deducted the cost of rental from the matchday turnover, as it is a fixed cost?

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Those are the published figures for matchday turnover in 09. Ave attendance was 6466, equates to around £13 per person, I think. Perhaps thay have decucted the cost of rental from the matchday turnover, as it is a fixed cost?

But they refer to turnover which is in effect the full income from sales. You do not make deductions from turnover otherwise you are then starting to refer to a profit and loss account.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
According to Martin Perry, the Brighton & Hove Albion Stadium Company Ltd thing (or whatever it's called) started life as Foray 585.

Formed in 2002, part of the holding company. Only thing to change since 2002, was the address. The Community Stadium Limited (04612364)

Directors:
RAYMOND ALEXANDER BLOOM
DEREK LEONARD CHAPMAN
ANTHONY GRANT BLOOM
MARTIN JOHN PERRY
ROBERT FRANCIS COMER
KENNETH GRAHAM BROWN
ADAM STEPHEN FRANKS
MARC LOUIS SUGARMAN

Formed in 2002, part of the holding company. Only thing to change since 2002, was the address. The Community Stadium Limited (04612364)

Directors:
RAYMOND ALEXANDER BLOOM
DEREK LEONARD CHAPMAN
ANTHONY GRANT BLOOM
MARTIN JOHN PERRY
ROBERT FRANCIS COMER
KENNETH GRAHAM BROWN
ADAM STEPHEN FRANKS
MARC LOUIS SUGARMAN

Phew! So Superphil needn't reach for the tranquilisers and I gave up too early on TLO.
Same directors as the club now then.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Directors:
RAYMOND ALEXANDER BLOOM
DEREK LEONARD CHAPMAN
ANTHONY GRANT BLOOM
MARTIN JOHN PERRY
ROBERT FRANCIS COMER
KENNETH GRAHAM BROWN
ADAM STEPHEN FRANKS
MARC LOUIS SUGARMAN

Fair enough.

It could be the current BHAFC (rather than the Community Stadium company) that MP was talking about, but I seem to recall (badly it appears) it was the Stadium company.

Thanks for nowt, MP. :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here