Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amario Cozier-Duberry - SIGNS 4 YEAR CONTRACT

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Interesting he reported as being seen as ready for the first team squad, without even looking at him. I wonder if this was a pre-condition of the transfer - after all, he is moving for a first team pathway.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Any relation to Michael Duberry?

Asking for exactly no one.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned but the amount of tweets the club have put up about him does make him feel more like a first team signing than someone who’ll disappear in to the youth team.
Might be a bit of acclimatisation time with the U21s first but agree looks more like a first team squad place beckons sooner rather than later

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Interesting he reported as being seen as ready for the first team squad, without even looking at him. I wonder if this was a pre-condition of the transfer - after all, he is moving for a first team pathway.
I’d be surprised if your weren’t right on this.

Interestingly, the club described him as an attacking midfielder in the emailed announcement. Just as well because we have another 10 or so wingers in the squad at the moment.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
He’s a left footed right winger so will be competing with Minteh and March (although March not back until October-November).

Osman is a left footed right winger so will be competing with Mitoma and Andingra.

Of course there’s loads of flexibility from the players beyond that.

My takeaway is that ACD is cover for March until his injury return. Not sure what to make about the left wing though. Either Osman will go out on loan or we are expecting Mitoma to leave???

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Apologies to those who don't subscribe. This Arsenal story on The Atheltic really caought my eye.

There is a lot more detail but the gist is captured in this table.

Arsenal-U21-players-used-v2.png

One of the Arsenal two was Saka, which just shows the limited opportunities for young players, with Arteta reluctant to introduce them from the bench even when comfortably winning.

Our recruitment suggests that there is going to be a lot more rotation amongst the younger players. Last season Adringa and Buonanotte I think played too much football and have faced some fairly harsh criticism from some fans as a consequence.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Our recruitment suggests that there is going to be a lot more rotation amongst the younger players. Last season Adringa and Buonanotte I think played too much football and have faced some fairly harsh criticism from some fans as a consequence.
I think they did play too much yes. With young players you need to be able to bring them in and out, to manager their development. We basically had no choice but to play young players when out of form and looking tired

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Apologies to those who don't subscribe. This Arsenal story on The Atheltic really caought my eye.

There is a lot more detail but the gist is captured in this table.

View attachment 185355

One of the Arsenal two was Saka, which just shows the limited opportunities for young players, with Arteta reluctant to introduce them from the bench even when comfortably winning.

Incredible that Arteta didn't bring any youngsters on, or even along, in the 6-0 and 5-0 wins over Sheffield Utd.

Edit: Or in the other seven games last season they won by three or more goals (yes, including the one at the Amex).

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Occurs to me that Arsenal's failure to give young players more game time partly explains why their record sale is £35m.
And why they can't win anything.

You would think they would be keen to blud young players, fam.

Shins

Aug 13, 2015
He’s a left footed right winger so will be competing with Minteh and March (although March not back until October-November).

Osman is a left footed right winger so will be competing with Mitoma and Andingra.

Of course there’s loads of flexibility from the players beyond that.

My takeaway is that ACD is cover for March until his injury return. Not sure what to make about the left wing though. Either Osman will go out on loan or we are expecting Mitoma to leave???
All of this, but I think Mitoma stays. Someone will go out on loan but not until later in the window when we know who is still with us, or whether or not we've picked up any new injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here