Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amario Cozier-Duberry - SIGNS 4 YEAR CONTRACT

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
Leeds maybe? They've got some gaps to fill on the attacking side of things and should be competing near the top
I think Leeds would be a great option, and would make their fans feel better for losing Rutter — if that ever gets confirmed. 40 high tempo games for Leeds would be brilliant for all three parties.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A little surprising but then only in the light of why he left Arsenal. We are so strong up front. I hope he is patient as he looks very good.
Based purely on how the Albion is run, I'm pretty sure Dave Weir and Co would've explained the situation to him during negotiations. Luring a young player in under the pretence that they would be in the first team squad - and then shipping them out would be a shitty (and very un-Brighton) thing to do.

It's a proven model - JPVH, Ayari, Sarmiento and White to name just four.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
A little surprising but then only in the light of why he left Arsenal. We are so strong up front. I hope he is patient as he looks very good.
Like I said very early in this thread:

Or we offered him a clear plan and a path to first team PL football. Doesn't mean he isn't going on loan now. :shrug:

We have a 37 man first team squad and some of them are going on loan somewhere. This looks like a likely candidate.

It was fairly obvious then and equally obvious now. The idea that we would PROMISE first team football THIS SEASON to a player with NO FIRST TEAM EXPERIENCE... the club isn't run by amateurs.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think Leeds would be a great option, and would make their fans feel better for losing Rutter — if that ever gets confirmed. 40 high tempo games for Leeds would be brilliant for all three parties.
Fack that - they can do one!

It'll be Ben White - the sequel :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Fack that - they can do one!

It'll be Ben White - the sequel :rolleyes:
He'll develop to a great PL player and we'll have a lot of use of him next season while they're crying in a corner somewhere?

Doesn't sound like the worst scenario.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Plus we get to refer to Leeds as our “feeder club”

Whoever it is will get a bloody good player who would have been starting regularly for us if he’d been here in January

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
He looks the business - the “problem” is ALL of our wingers look the business. I mean take yesterday, Mitoma and Minteh were electric, then Adingra came on and was the same. Then we have Solly coming back, and players who can also play there while covering other positions (Sarmiento, Gruda).

An embarrassment of riches. He should be joining one of the better Championship sides and then take another look next summer. Realistically it would take injuries, a severe drop in form or a player sale for him to get a look in though even if he tears it up.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
He looks the business - the “problem” is ALL of our wingers look the business. I mean take yesterday, Mitoma and Minteh were electric, then Adingra came on and was the same. Then we have Solly coming back, and players who can also play there while covering other positions (Sarmiento, Gruda).

An embarrassment of riches. He should be joining one of the better Championship sides and then take another look next summer. Realistically it would take injuries, a severe drop in form or a player sale for him to get a look in though even if he tears it up.
Just imagine the team we could put out against Crawley in the League Cup though. :lolol:

Jul 20, 2003
Like I said very early in this thread:

It was fairly obvious then and equally obvious now. The idea that we would PROMISE first team football THIS SEASON to a player with NO FIRST TEAM EXPERIENCE... the club isn't run by amateurs.

I can't figure out why Arsenal didn't loan him out.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can't figure out why Arsenal didn't loan him out.
They wanted him to sign a new contract, if he had, they would have loaned him out, he didn't, so they cashed in rather than let him run out of contract.
Edit, he was already out of contract.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It seems odd to turn down the Arsenal contract (with a loan out) to come to Brighton and have a loan out - he looked very good in preseason.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It seems odd to turn down the Arsenal contract (with a loan out) to come to Brighton and have a loan out - he looked very good in preseason.
Does it? Arsenal loan him out to a Championship/Dutch/Belgian team, he does really well, goes back to Arsenal and doesn't get in the team (Saka), gets loaned out again and again or just rots on the bench (see Nelson, Nketiah, ESR etc) and career regresses.

Or, join Brighton, get loaned to a Championship/Dutch/Belgian team, he does really well, goes back to Brighton and becomes a first team PL player at a good PL team (see Mitoma, Adingra, Mac Allister, White, Caicedo etc) at just 20 years of age still with the opportunity to get a big move if he wants it in a year or two.

Seems a totally logical move to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here