Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All time favourite brighton player

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
The REAL Tank - Paul Clark. I spent whole periods of a game watching his movement, his crunching tackles and effortless passing... of course seen through an eleven year olds eyes.

Wardy would be not far behind.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Mark Lawrenson was the best player I've seen at the Albion - light years ahead of anyone else - but he was so good that it was effortless with him.

I think my favourite players are ones of lesser ability but who give their all. So, my favourite two are probably Gary Hart and John Crumplin, two players who made the most of what they had.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Mark Lawrenson was the best player I've seen at the Albion - light years ahead of anyone else - but he was so good that it was effortless with him.
He also excelled when at Liverpool, some pundits picked him as man of the Match in the 1984 European Cup Final.
Where as I always thought Wardy struggled to make an impact in the top flight.

Lurker

62 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Although I felt that Wardy wasn't as effective once Ian Mellor left.

What, as in he went from being an absolutely unbelievably wizard type of player ... to just an absolutely breathtakingly wizard type of player.

I've been watching the Albion for almost 50 year now, and Wardy is incomparable.
Without any shadow of a doubt the most exciting player ever to play for us in my lifetime, and I feel desperately sorry for all you younger ones who never had the sheer pleasure of witnessing him in his prime.

We didn't have wall to wall football on our TV screens in Wardy's day, so there aren't that many clips of him, and although he looks pretty good in a lot of the clips that did capture him, you should have seen him when he was having a good day.........

Peter Ward is magic.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
The REAL Tank - Paul Clark. I spent whole periods of a game watching his movement, his crunching tackles and effortless passing... of course seen through an eleven year olds eyes.

Wardy would be not far behind.

Can't believe it took until page 6 for The Tank, and so well put too. For flair however I used to love watching Johnny Byrne and for oh so too short a time Sergei Gotsmanov.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can't believe it took until page 6 for The Tank, and so well put too. For flair however I used to love watching Johnny Byrne and for oh so too short a time Sergei Gotsmanov.

I remember watching Sergei spend 90 minutes running rings around the Swindon defence at their place, a match also notable for Duncan Shearer shattering Nicky Bissett's leg so that he never really recovered. We heard the crack from about 60 yards away, Shearer, who was a hard case, turned white when he saw what he had done, and had to be substituted shortly after as he was so traumatised, but it was truly sickening.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
For some reason my fave player of the late seventies was Graham Winstanley, mainly I think due to the fact that he hardly ever played.

for the youunsters, he was a cetre half from carlisle, and Mark lLwrenson and Steve Foster (both internationals) usually played

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
How do you choose your favourite ever player? Mine changes regularly, often depending on what distant memory springs to mind. None of the current squad are anywhere near but I can guarantee that in 5 years time they will be .

Cant believe Mike Small hasn't had a mention though.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Spider Mellor

but very closely followed by

Peter Ward
Bobby Zamora
Fred Binney
and our Glenn Muzza (all in no particular order, just that they are great).

However; I have it on very very good and reliable authority that in the next three seasons the above table will be cleaned out; well all bar Muzza, who will still be there but there will be 4 other new 'Pantheons of greatness' in the top 5. The names of which I am not at liberty to divulge, just yet!

TNBA

TTF

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ward...................................Robinson...................................Zamora.....................Nogan

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Only one for me:

I0000YChgQ97nQb8.jpg

Horsham by the Sea

Apr 29, 2011
Stirling , Scotland
so many greats above..only saw Ward once .. my generation was late 80's and 90's so for my Garry Nelson.. Stevie Stevie Penny (down the wing).. Budgie Byrne and Football genius. ahhh great memories of Anfield 1990 FA cup :) .. favourite goal is Wilkins v Ipswich last minute .. on the pitch in seconds !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here