Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All time favourite brighton player

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Sergei Gotsmanov was my God and hero. Sadly only with us too briefly before joining SCC :-( In the modern era there's only Inigo who comes vaguely close B-)

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
As previously posted my fav was Wardy but as brilliant he was circa 77-79, I agree that his quicksilver turns with back to the goal then jinking past several defenders and slipping the ball into the net tailed off as his reputation grew and teams learned to close him down. He took some fearful stick from defenders who got fed up with being made to look stupid.

I thought Cloughie dented Wardy's confidence at Forest and wasn't the same thereafter.

We haven't seen the likes of Peter Ward since, he was quite unique - hence the reverence towards him. I think he would have relished Gus's style of footie and it would have been one hell of a partnership up front this season with Murray, wow!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Harry Wilson

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nobody has come close to Ward in his pomp for me. No finer sight than Ward bearing down on goal, jinking this way and that, leaving players on their arses with a dummy and burst of pace, the whole ground on it's feet as he slotted a shot on the run into the top corner of the net with a desperate keeper at full stretch easily beaten. Just magic.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Peter Ward and Jimmy Case

Devon Seagull

Sep 25, 2004
South Devon
Recently Bobby Z.....there aren't many players that I have really followed their career after leaving BHA as I have have with Bobby

olden days...Gerry Ryan and Tony Towner

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Has to be Steve Foster but also worth a mention; Dean Wilkins, Kurt Nogan & even though he was probably the most one-footed player ever, and actually not that talented with that one foot, for service and love of the Albion Kerry Mayo.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Gerry Ryan

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Only us old uns will remember the one player who had a very short career...the great...and I do mean great Barry Rees,killed in a road accident,he was blessed with the playing skills of Duncan Edwards.He was bought from Everton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here