Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The media with their fantastic stories have been reporting for MONTHS that Ferguson and Wenger will bid £10m/£12m/£15m etc and that Palace will reluctantly sell because of the massive cash on offer. Now all of a sudden it's £6m?

yeah, there he is. i do like how you add £2-3m every week. highest ive seen in the Standard is "worth" £12m so that'll be with a boatload of add ons, and that Parish has been told to take it. also note that Arsenal and Tottenham mentioned less and less. if you read between all the stories, seems that something like 6m+ some additional payments up to £10-12m is realistic. but you dont want realism, you think you'll get £15m in a suitcase today.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
It won't. If they bid £6m it will be instantly rejected without a moment's thought.

How do you know? It's not like your chairman has a reputation of being one of the most honest people out there. If they bid £6 million plus the right add-ons then it would be accepted, we both know that.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha price

The media with their fantastic stories have been reporting for MONTHS that Ferguson and Wenger will bid £10m/£12m/£15m etc and that Palace will reluctantly sell because of the massive cash on offer. Now all of a sudden it's £6m?

This is absolute bollocks. Which "media sources" have indicated that they'll only bid £6m? I certainly can't see any. Edit: It's a Daily Mail 'exclusive'... like their exclusive revealing a £12m bid last week.

Almost word for word what I expected :lol:

Feb 14, 2010
For a club that has been insolvent twice and that survive on between 9000 to 16000 depending on free tickets, two for one deals and away fans, the £6 Million is allot of money to turn down. I still can't understand how they were allowed to keep an asset worth Millions after their last insolvency but that is football for you.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
How do you know? It's not like your chairman has a reputation of being one of the most honest people out there. If they bid £6 million plus the right add-ons then it would be accepted, we both know that.

No, we don't. £6m wouldn't get his left boot.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It won't. If they bid £6m it will be instantly rejected without a moment's thought.

That's a bit like saying Dougie Freedman will never leave Palace to fill the managerial vacancy at Bolton :lolol:

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Almost word for word what I expected :lol:

I'm glad I didn't disappoint. :)

£6m is a pathetic sum of money for a 20-year old England international. You're delusional if you think we'd even consider a bid as shitty as that.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
No, we don't. £6m wouldn't get his left boot.

He isn't as good as you seem to think he is at all. I would estimate 8 million at the most. Your judgement is just clouded as a Palace supporter. If you could look at impartially then you would see he isn't as good as he is touted to be. He is a pretty average player to be fair it's just the rest of your team are a lot of tosh (Murray excluded).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Palace should sell quick, with every perfomance he turns in on the pitch these days his value must be dropping by a sizeable amount each week!

The beauty of this will be the loan-back to Palace - a player who their fans will have seen posing in a Man Utd shirt after he's signed on the dotted line will no longer be their golden boy coupled with Zaha's heart no longer being at Palace - it's a lose-lose scenario all round.

I'll close by simply saying: Liam Bridcutt. Ex-Palace trialist. Oh dear Palace.

Snarkey5

Banned
Feb 8, 2011
so albion fans, let's be honest zaha is pretty decent, i know even the most hardend anti palace boy will find that deep in his heart, but how will you albion fans feel when he's the most exciting player playing for england? when he's one on one with the goalkeeper in the last min of the world cup final, will you put his past aside or will you just see an ex palace boy and secretly hope he misses ps. i'm not a palace fan

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That's a bit like saying Dougie Freedman will never leave Palace to fill the managerial vacancy at Bolton :lolol:

Dougie left Palace for a lot of money.

Zaha will leave Palace for a lot of money. £6m is not a lot of money. It is an insultingly shite offer.

He isn't as good as you seem to think he is at all. I would estimate 8 million at the most. Your judgement is just clouded as a Palace supporter. If you could look at impartially then you would see he isn't as good as he is touted to be. He is a pretty average player to be fair it's just the rest of your team are a lot of tosh (Murray excluded).

If our team are a lot of tosh, yours must be absolutely pathetic considering how much better we are.

We got Jedinak instead. I'm extremely happy with how that has turned out. Bridcutt may have the potential to be a better player but at the moment I wouldn't swap Jedi for any central midfielder in this league.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
so albion fans, let's be honest zaha is pretty decent, i know even the most hardend anti palace boy will find that deep in his heart, but how will you albion fans feel when he's the most exciting player playing for england? when he's one on one with the goalkeeper in the last min of the world cup final, will you put his past aside or will you just see an ex palace boy and secretly hope he misses ps. i'm not a palace fan

I don't think people care whether he is decent or not. They care that at the moment his value has been greatly overestimated by Crystal Palace. I seriously doubt he will be a star player for England, perhaps a couple of games but nothing more. He isn't THAT good at the moment and his quality can easily falter.

Feb 14, 2010
Palace should sell quick, with every perfomance he turns in on the pitch these days his value must be dropping by a sizeable amount each week!

The beauty of this will be the loan-back to Palace - a player who their fans will have seen posing in a Man Utd shirt after he's signed on the dotted line will no longer be their golden boy coupled with a player who's heart is no longer at Palace - it's a lose-lose scenario all round.

Its best not to run that one. They have Ian Wright, Brighton trialist. Oh dear. Roy Keane, Brighton trialist. Oh dear

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

Once he has left, apologised, had a deep clean we all move on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here