Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But you CAN fit 8k in. And you didn't.
No you couldn't fit 8k home fans in. And our attendance figures were those that turned up, so we'd have STHs missing some games and not showing up on the figures.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
CPFC2010 last night:

"I can assure you that Wilfried is not "for sale".

We hope that he'll be playing Premier League football next season. For us.

Even if that doesn't happen, he's only 19 and still learning his trade in surroundings where he is comfortable and happy. He's on a five year contract and we really don't need the money

The 4 of us bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books. I hope that's clear enough.

PS - and if he keeps developing the way he has so far you'll be reading plenty more rubbish in the Sunday papers."

As you were.

sten

sister ray
Jul 14, 2003
eastside
CPFC2010 last night:

Even if that doesn't happen, he's only 19 and still learning his trade in surroundings where he is comfortable and happy. He's on a five year contract and we really don't need the money

The 4 of us bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books. I hope that's clear enough.

PS - and if he keeps developing the way he has so far you'll be reading plenty more rubbish in the Sunday papers."

As you were.

Really looking forward to the jan transfer window now, you really believe any line cpfc2010 spin you:thumbsup:

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Yep, some very worried people

In the interests of fairness, I actually think he's a pretty decent player and as an England fan also, part of me hopes he goes on to make it into the Prem and develops into the star a lot of Palace fans believe he can be.

Putting my Brighton hat back on, I do hope you sell him in Jan but I'm sure you'll get a fair whack - then again, you'll do alright without him still because Bolasie ain't looked too bad.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

CPFC2010 last night:

As you were.

CPFC2010 Spin Machine turned up to full power !

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In the interests of fairness, I actually think he's a pretty decent player and as an England fan also, part of me hopes he goes on to make it into the Prem and develops into the star a lot of Palace fans believe he can be.

Putting my Brighton hat back on, I do hope you sell him in Jan but I'm sure you'll get a fair whack - then again, you'll do alright without him still because Bolasie ain't looked too bad.

I'd agree with this.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
f*** me its groundhog day.

3 or 4 Palace fans posting on here are not representative of the views of most other Palace fans. I know a few actual real people that are sadly for them Palace supporters and they are all resigned to Zaha leaving in January and hoping that he can keep doing his stuff until then to keep Palace up in the top 6. That seems a realistic viewpoint and the money will keep them afloat and solvent for a little while longer.

But CPFC2010 said this and they promised that I hear the plaintive cries from the Palace dildos on here. We all know how much CPFC2010 can be trusted don't we?

I really dont get the palace posters on here, like anything they post is going to make a blind bit of difference to any of us, like I will suddenly get depressed at the thought of another capacity gate at the Amex or my support for the Albion will in any way be affected by the fact they have Zaha playing for them.

So for a short time whilst Zaha is still there and they are above us in the table let the sad mugs enjoy it. The cold hard facts are plain to see, we are financially, infrastructurally (just made that word up I think), stadium wise, attendancewise and all other stuffwise in a far better place than them and they know it.
I suggest those Palace "friends" that you know may not actually be Palace fans at all.

There's very few fans resigned to Zaha going as we have an honest manager, and Owners who are fans of the club, one of which I actually know.

The facts are there to see: We have a young, talented team with long term contracts. You have an older team with more experience.

We are one point ahead of you. I think I could handle finishing one point ahead of you at the end of the season, even if you're 2nd.

We have a highly regarded academy with 3-4 more players who will be blooded this season across the first team squad.

Financially? You're in the same position as we was with Simon Jordan, one man funding it. And spin it however you like, you have a £90m debt whereas we lose money yearly that can be funded for 3 years with the sale of a Zaha or Williams or cleared for years with a promotion.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
we have an honest manager,

Dougie 'I'm categorically NOT interested in signing Glenn Murray' Freedman?

And spin it however you like, you have a £90m debt .

There's no spin. Our 'debt' is an UNSECURED interest-free loan, which will be turned to equity if (when) it is due for re-payment in 2023.

If you choose not to understand what this actually means, and wish to continue fretting for our financial security, feel free to press on.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I suggest those Palace "friends" that you know may not actually be Palace fans at all.

There's very few fans resigned to Zaha going as we have an honest manager, and Owners who are fans of the club, one of which I actually know.

The facts are there to see: We have a young, talented team with long term contracts. You have an older team with more experience.

We are one point ahead of you. I think I could handle finishing one point ahead of you at the end of the season, even if you're 2nd.

We have a highly regarded academy with 3-4 more players who will be blooded this season across the first team squad.

Financially? You're in the same position as we was with Simon Jordan, one man funding it. And spin it however you like, you have a £90m debt whereas we lose money yearly that can be funded for 3 years with the sale of a Zaha or Williams or cleared for years with a promotion.

Not going to get involved in the Zaha debate, you think he is god as he plays for you, we think he is shite as he plays for you and cheats, so as these threads will go and on, but I would like to correct you on two things please, how dare you compare the Tango Phone salesman, to Tony Bloom, different league mate and our 'Debt' does not have to be paid back for 25 years time, interest free and if we dont pay it back or club not sold by then, then it gets converted to shares, so not really a debt, sorry to ruin another Palace myth.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton

Incorrect yet again, tangomans tenure at palace is a million miles away from the situation with bloom. Bloom has invested his own money and not some banks, he has written off a large chunk of it because he accepted it was his personal investment legacy to the club. what remains is UNSECURED against anything at the club ie the stadium and is on 25 year terms that if it cannot be paid will convert to shares in the club which will then pass to bloom, he will then be able to sell those shares to release their value. Bloom and his family have been associated with this club for several decades and he is not on some temporary ego trip like your bunch of used car salesmen sorry billionaires, none of whom have invested anywhere near a fraction of what Tony bloom has in the Albion. Bloom puts his money where his mouth is, your motley crew of nomarks are just mouth.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Dougie 'I'm categorically NOT interested in signing Glenn Murray' Freedman?

He could have been telling the truth with that. The chairmen commented (covered in the other big zaha thread) that there was a player Freedman said he didn't want but they tried to sign him anyway...

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
end of the day some on here wont have it that they have some decent players they have,so getover it
,and stop looking through your bha tinted glasses,and realise that their academy at present is head and shoulders above ours.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
Not going to get involved in the Zaha debate, you think he is god as he plays for you, we think he is shite as he plays for you and cheats, so as these threads will go and on, but I would like to correct you on two things please, how dare you compare the Tango Phone salesman, to Tony Bloom, different league mate and our 'Debt' does not have to be paid back for 25 years time, interest free and if we dont pay it back or club not sold by then, then it gets converted to shares, so not really a debt, sorry to ruin another Palace myth.

You can't be the same twunt who comes onto the Holmesdale. Polite yet bolshy, able to let water run off a ducks back and then scream like a 2 year old when Bloom is mentioned on here. No matter how you think money is dispersed, no-one, absolutely no-one GIVES AWAY £90M+ without a planned compromise, you could (but i hope not) face a whole heap of trouble in the future should he want to pull out, much the same as us if CPFC2010 did. What you have to have if your theory is right is a product worth £100m+ in shares and at the moment, you don't. You would have to make the Prem and stay there for a good while, even then make yourself bigger than let's say, Everton, who despite being one of two clubs never to have been out of the top flight are only worth £140M. When you buy a football club, the only thing you get back is debt, and that is a fact.
Going back to the Zaha business which you love to debate on our site, this should clear things up for you. Hands off: Wilfried Zaha’s staying at Crystal Palace - Football - Sport - Evening Standard

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009

You can't be the same twunt who comes onto the Holmesdale. Polite yet bolshy, able to let water run off a ducks back and then scream like a 2 year old when Bloom is mentioned on here. No matter how you think money is dispersed, no-one, absolutely no-one GIVES AWAY £90M+ without a planned compromise, you could (but i hope not) face a whole heap of trouble in the future should he want to pull out, much the same as us if CPFC2010 did. What you have to have if your theory is right is a product worth £100m+ in shares and at the moment, you don't. You would have to make the Prem and stay there for a good while, even then make yourself bigger than let's say, Everton, who despite being one of two clubs never to have been out of the top flight are only worth £140M. When you buy a football club, the only thing you get back is debt, and that is a fact.
Going back to the Zaha business which you love to debate on our site, this should clear things up for you. Hands off: Wilfried Zaha’s staying at Crystal Palace - Football - Sport - Evening Standard

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone subscribe to the Guardian's Fiver email?

Steve Browett, the Crystal Palace co-chairman, has moved to assure the club's supporters that Wilfried Zaha is not for sale. "[We] bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football, not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books," said Browett. "I hope that's clear enough." Indeed it is. Still, who else fears the Fiver will be returning to this quote on 31 January 2013?​

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
, no-one, absolutely no-one GIVES AWAY £90M+ without a planned compromise, you could (but i hope not) face a whole heap of trouble in the future should he want to pull out,

No. You're still not getting it.

If Bloom walked away tomorrow, there would be nothing he could do to recoup his money. This is how he chose to structure the 'loan'. It's what he signed up for.

Paul Skinback

Oct 3, 2009
No. You're still not getting it.

If Bloom walked away tomorrow, there would be nothing he could do to recoup his money. This is how he chose to structure the 'loan'. It's what he signed up for.

To give away £90M+ is blindly ludicrous, unless he told me himself i simply refuse to believe.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To give away £90M+ is blindly ludicrous, unless he told me himself i simply refuse to believe.

Even if he did, you would still refuse to believe it. :shrug:

The guy is the third generation of his family, after his Uncle and his beloved Grandad to sit on the Albion board. He's already said that his money has gone in to ensure that the club will be there for his son after him.

Its only a 'loan', rather than a gift for tax reasons. He's not expecting to see a penny of it back.

Personally, I hope we DO end up paying some of it back, becasue a) it would mean we are doing well, and b) he deserves it.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
You are a tiny irrelevance, that get gates of 10,000 to 15,000 less than us, but mate, I prefer small clubs so even if you think so then I will roll with that. I'd prefer to support Brentford than Arsenal any day. Plastic fans? Just watch the footage of Brighton v York and compare that to your spotty 250 teenagers being laughed out of the city. Mate your fan base comes from Coulsdon, get over it.

Where as yours comes from Kemptown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here