Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Unlucky in the fact that we had 2 owners that in the end didn't know what they were doing when it came to running a football club. They went in with good intentions I'm sure but in the end it didn't work out and they ended up pretty much bankrupt, a big punishment in itself. You have Bloom and it appears at this moment in time that he knows what he's doing and has a decent wedge (but we thought that about Jordan for most of his reign) In that regard you are lucky to have him. But when he one day moves on then he could sell to a Goldberg/Jordan type buisnessman, then you'd be unlucky. Again, circumstances beyond the board room like a relegation or attendences falling might transpire against your club which result in financial problems, again you'd be unlucky if certain measures aren't in place. It's not hard, even for you and your 2 brain cells. And in regard to your point about our admins putting us in a loftier position for 35 years, well the first one didn't happen till 1999 so that's 23 years you've conviently added and also name me one big money signing that we made that actually paid off to put us in an elevated position? It was signings like Akinbyi, Macken and Kuqi that got us into that trouble and they all turned out shit. Also, the pay offs we had to give to shit managers like Venables, Smith, Francis and Taylor. Who knows, if we'd actually saved money and built a team over time rather than splash out on dross and go for broke, we could of been in a BETTER position.
Rightly or wrongly, most Brighton supporters look at your 35 years in the top two leagues and think you achieved it by spending money you didn't have, in short by cheating. You won't convince any of us otherwise. Its not your fault, its the fault of your inept owners, but to brag about those 35 years is pretty hollow, and in fact an insult to the businesses your club stiffed.

Feb 14, 2010
Brighton get crowds of 26,000 /27,000 in the second tier of football and when there are times of trouble we have days like Brighton v York. Brighton can afford a promotion push because the club is big enough. Palace have between 10,000 to 13,000 paying punters which puts them just about Peterboro and around the Burnley level. The only way they can afford Zaha is by not paying their debts. If they keep hold of him then are they gambling yet another insolvency and creditors in the last insolvency must be asking some serious questions. A third insolvency should mean the Conference.

Rightly or wrongly, most Brighton supporters look at your 35 years in the top two leagues and think you achieved it by spending money you didn't have, in short by cheating. You won't convince any of us otherwise. Its not your fault, its the fault of your inept owners, but to brag about those 35 years is pretty hollow, and in fact an insult to the businesses your club stiffed.

They can't see it Mac - remember these people looted and burned down their own.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

History that is just like your lots embarrassing past .
You were getting under 10,000 regular at the Goldstone the year you made the playoffs ,strange that for a massive club with no local rivals.
I can't wait till Saturday nothing better than a local South London derby .Why not buy a ticket in the Holmesdale major and be as brave as you are on here?
If not try the scumwall end .

We could still play there so technically we were not separated from our home.

You were separated from the previous regime - so technically you became Crystal Palace 3 with no link/history to Crystal Palace 1 or 2.

You are a new Club with less than 2 years history yet somehow enjoy the League position, ground, etc that Crystal Palace 1 earned - others have a continuous link with their past which you are not entitled to.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Every town has its fair share of scum, even ours. I'm sure none of the eagles on here condone the looting that went on, although they missed a trick by not burning down the main stand when they had the chance.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
You were getting under 10,000 regular at the Goldstone the year you made the playoffs ,strange that for a massive club with no local rivals.
I can't wait till Saturday nothing better than a local South London derby .Why not buy a ticket in the Holmesdale major and be as brave as you are on here?
If you look at the league attendances in the early 90's, you'll see that 10k was about average. Football was going though a nation wide downturn.

Every town has its fair share of scum, even ours. I'm sure none of the eagles on here condone the looting that went on, although they missed a trick by not burning down the main stand when they had the chance.

It's a mentality that lives in the area - they truly cannot see the wrong in things - they have lost their moral compass.

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Nailed on certainty - no need to hope and pray.

Ohhhhhh how this post will be bumped if you don't! Think it will a lot closer than you think Major old boy, very risky of you to post such a statement, could be a whole load of egg on your face!

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010

To be fair tho', the looters mainly travelled to the shopping area from other areas. We also shouldnt forget that at east brighton a community centre has been up in flames a few time that i remember and as for the "pikey" thing, well er i read the argus last week and there was a story about a traveller feud within walking distance of the amex resulting in a machete attack. Purley was built as a middle class area, that is why they are called the Nigels. Its a strange one as Brighton fans come from very old school docking, fishing, farming communities as well as the commuter belts fans that makes us a real mix. The Nigels from Purley will remain Nigels.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
It's nice to whiff the bullshit from this site.

From Steve Browett

I can assure you that Wilfried is not "for sale".

We hope that he'll be playing Premier League football next season. For us.

Even if that doesn't happen, he's only 19 and still learning his trade in surroundings where he is comfortable and happy. He's on a five year contract and we really don't need the money

The 4 of us bought the club so that we could enjoy watching Palace play football not to cash in as soon as the moneybags clubs come waving their cheque books. I hope that's clear enough.

Same old giraffe shit, if I wanted to see it, I'd go to London Zoo.

Last edited:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
You were separated from the previous regime - so technically you became Crystal Palace 3 with no link/history to Crystal Palace 1 or 2.

You are a new Club with less than 2 years history yet somehow enjoy the League position, ground, etc that Crystal Palace 1 earned - others have a continuous link with their past which you are not entitled to.

I seriously think you have a drug or drink problem. Get some help pronto!!!

Feb 14, 2010

Turn it in, you were getting 14,000 to 16,000 when you were third in the top flight. Brighton also had a major hooligan problem that put off many including my family. What was the palace excuse?

Ohhhhhh how this post will be bumped if you don't! Think it will a lot closer than you think Major old boy, very risky of you to post such a statement, could be a whole like of egg on your face!

Feel free to bump - I just cannot see you finishing above us. It's called confidence - you seem to be lacking in it or you would grow a pair and insist otherwise.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh give me strength, not you again!
Eh? Have I accidentally been posting on a Palace forum?

Funny, hadn't heard a peep out of you since we went above you
Maybe you hadn't posted a load of shit that needed correcting.

CPFC2010 are very successful business people. Seriously, use logic, if they truly intended to sell Wilf, they wouldn't be saying the opposite in the Press/to the fans, they would simply decline to comment on speculation.
No, using logic, the owners would try and talk the price up. Let people know that he won't be available cheap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here