Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All the Zaha stuff [Merged]

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Bring it on , it will make a change from all these moral , attendance , administration and local bussinesses arguements .

Arguments you cannot win- [MENTION=23534]LAMBRETTA MAN[/MENTION] tells it as it is

UTA

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
What an embarassing thread. This board is obsessed with Zaha and it just makes us look cringeworthy for the constant hope and straw-clutching that he'll leave.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
what a really shit thread.

I know you will say all but,for the curious mind was it the OP,the subject matter,the content,the participants,the technical merit or lack of,grammar,spelling,Palace :lolol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
No I am spot on as usual - last season,as this, you counted non attending STH as present - so you will see that I said official attendance and actual Palace - as you have about between 1k-2k STH's evergame that don't show up that puts the actual Palace at the Millwall game at around 11k-12k. Not hard to follow is it.

See you didn't commit yourself to how many fewer will be at Selhurst this coming Saturday than the Burnley match - rough guess about 4k down.

So you know everything about a team you pretend to hate....more like obsessed...
And you answer only the questions you like, where are the links to your preposterous story about Hope Powell, you made it up, thought it was funny and can't prove it so refuse to answer.....

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
You may recall sometime ago I posted what I'd heard from a friend of one of the Palace owners.

Well I spoke to him again yesterday and it really is amazing what the club are now doing.

The new owners have been totally shocked by the state of the club in terms of how difficult it is to run it on a break even position. Went into it in all innocence thinking that they could get to break even by using better marketing.

They are predicting a £5million loss for this season with attendances down on their expectations.

They have apparently told Freedman that Zaha must be sold in January and that anything over £8million he will get to reinvest in the squad. Hence the current poster and talking up Zaha generally. If they sell him for less than £8million they are f***ed for this season.

No investment in players unless they cash in on him and no investment in the summer unless they can get income levels up significantly.

Gosh this reminds me so much of another team not far away a few years back, with a player whose name started with Za...

now who was it? And they keep whining on here about getting him back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Re: The great Zaha talk up - to save Palace's season

Good entertaining speculation as this is, the number of Palace threads on the main board is now ridiculous.

Can they all be merged into one 'Palace crap' thread?, or better still, can we have a Palace sub forum? - although there is already one of those called the BBS :screwy:

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
I love the whole moral highground that idiots like Working Class, Gold and The Major (the latter being the most ironic as he encourages football hollagism) take. Do you honestly, hand on heart believe that Goldberg and Jordan intentionally went out to over-spend and f**k over local businesses? Did they both think "I know, I'll spend money I don't have and go insolvent" No, it was a case of poor financial mismanagement and circumstances transpiring against them (relegation from the Prem, falling atttendeces, recessions) so while they should maybe mocked for not being business savvy enough, please drop the bad guys act, it's sickening. We've been unlucky that we've had 2 owners that didn't plan well enough, it could happen to any club, yours included. Their past misdeameners shouldn't reflect on the players, management, general staff or fans of our club, a lot of decent people are part of it.

Feb 14, 2010
One minute 250 palace teenagers are crying through the streets of the city to ask how palace were insolvent for a second time and the next they boast to all that will listen that they have an asset worth £11 Million. Rangers in Scotland is the model for what should have happened. Football should hang its head in shame for the financial misery they have allowed palace to cause. I cant believe those left high and dry wont be looking very carefully at events. I would be.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
One minute 250 palace teenagers are crying through the streets of the city to ask how palace were insolvent for a second time and the next they boast to all that will listen that they have an asset worth £11 Million. Rangers in Scotland is the model for what should have happened. Football should hang its head in shame for the financial misery they have allowed palace to cause. I cant believe those left high and dry wont be looking very carefully at events. I would be.

Well you would do, you are obsessed with anything to do with Palace.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
I love the whole moral highground that idiots like Working Class, Gold and The Major (the latter being the most ironic as he encourages football hollagism) take. Do you honestly, hand on heart believe that Goldberg and Jordan intentionally went out to over-spend and f**k over local businesses? Did they both think "I know, I'll spend money I don't have and go insolvent" No, it was a case of poor financial mismanagement and circumstances transpiring against them (relegation from the Prem, falling atttendeces, recessions) so while they should maybe mocked for not being business savvy enough, please drop the bad guys act, it's sickening. We've been unlucky that we've had 2 owners that didn't plan well enough, it could happen to any club, yours included. Their past misdeameners shouldn't reflect on the players, management, general staff or fans of our club, a lot of decent people are part of it.

But would run a mile confronted by some proper lads,just like loads on both of our boards like the idea of it ,but the reality is its all a load of bravado.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012

And any club that loses their ground and Historic home should be thrown out the league.
No home no club.
The rules need changing as you shouldn't be able to move county's .

Absolute bollox. "We've been unlucky" - how have you been unlucky? - I would say the people Palace screwed over were unlucky - infact you were tremendously lucky that the Football League only had a 10 point deduction in place and not instant relegation as most people would want for serial abusers.

The fans don't carry the weight of administration but they can certainly stop spouting shit about 35 years in the top 2 tiers which everyone knows was only achieved by playing to a different set of financial rules than everyone else.

Please stop playing those violins - unlucky ? you don't know the meaning of the world.

Ps - see you've sold less than 13k for Millwall :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here