Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
AJ doesn't have the physique or the consistency to play at this level for me but he's no Locadia he's a much better player and indeed professional

Or the pace or first touch. It is genuinely baffling how anyone saw him play and thought "yeah, he'll thrive in the PL". At least with Locadia we all knew he was about 15th choice and a last minute punt. We scouted Ali for years.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Ryan has been good for the club but one the wall was taken down (dunk & duffy) he became too exposed.

Ali J - I still don't get why he was dropped after scoring against Chelsea & Bournemouth - would he have kicked on from there. Stop starting has not been good for him.

Balogun - had mistakes in him but to be fair so did Webster last year and White this year. Only given 8 games - so possibly unfair to just as a failure. Did score that goal as well.

Proper is a conundrum , certainly good value overall but not scoring and risky at the back ....

Spot on Wardy, ...oh, and donation to Royal Marsden done 👍. Best wishes.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Not really. He scores spectacular goals. He has good technical ability. He is a decent player.

He could be good enough for the Premier League in the right system, maybe not. Difficult to say. I reckon he'd be one of the best in The Championship though, without a doubt.

Either way, it is easy to understand why we took a punt on him.

I respectfully but entirely disagree. I also think he'd struggle in the Championship. I think he'd be better suited to a slower, less physical league.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Not really. He scores spectacular goals. He has good technical ability. He is a decent player.

He could be good enough for the Premier League in the right system, maybe not. Difficult to say. I reckon he'd be one of the best in The Championship though, without a doubt.

Either way, it is easy to understand why we took a punt on him.

Think it was very poor of us to spend that kind of money on him or a ‘punt’ as you say. Agree he’s good technically but we need/needed someone with an attribute that could create or score a goal e.g pace, power or trickery going past people. AJ hasn’t got any of these and could do fine in a stronger PL but what the **** were our recruitment team doing?? Look at the impact Izquierdo or Lamptey made for us. They had one of these attributes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think it was very poor of us to spend that kind of money on him or a ‘punt’ as you say. Agree he’s good technically but we need/needed someone with an attribute that could create or score a goal e.g pace, power or trickery going past people. AJ hasn’t got any of these and could do fine in a stronger PL but what the **** were our recruitment team doing?? Look at the impact Izquierdo or Lamptey made for us. They had one of these attributes.

Lot of poor players, look technically good when they have time and space.

You don’t have that luxury in the PL, and any weaknesses or lack of pace are quickly found out....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Lot of poor players, look technically good when they have time and space.

You don’t have that luxury in the PL, and any weaknesses or lack of pace are quickly found out....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those weaknesses were exposed in the World Cup just before we signed him.

I watched him closely in that tournament as I heard we were signing him and I was amazed we went through with the deal. Unless we were already committed?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
IF he went to a Champ team and got 5/10 assists and 5/10 goals then by the summer he is worth £20 million. And we make our money back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here