Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It is impossible to overstate how much value we have had from Pascal Gross - 14 goals and 17 assists in 108 PL appearances, for £3 million.

The recruitment team played an absolute blinder there for which they rarely, if ever, get credit on NSC.

I would accept an Ali J or Locadia signing every season if it was also accompanied by a Gross signing. :shrug:

Good post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Would Ryan & Propper be first names on the team sheet? Yes they may have been 6 months ago but now? No way. They are done imho good players done well for us but now not good enough so jury's out.....unless they get back into the side and prove us wrong. Good back ups but yesterday's players IMHO.:eek:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Would Ryan & Propper be first names on the team sheet? Yes they may have been 6 months ago but now? No way. They are done imho good players done well for us but now not good enough so jury's out.....unless they get back into the side and prove us wrong. Good back ups but yesterday's players IMHO.:eek:

So why would the jury be out on if they were a good signing or not? They served their purposely excellently. Is the jury still out on if Murray, Knocakert and Zamora were good signings because they're yesterdays players?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
When are they going to make their decision on Ryan? Because I dont see him playing any more games for Brighton..

Come the summer he'll have a year left on his deal. I doubt Arsenal will bother retaining him, they certainly won't want to pay anything for him. He won't want to drop into the Championship with us or for anyone else. My guess is he'll get a cut-price move to a club somewhere in Europe.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Come the summer he'll have a year left on his deal. I doubt Arsenal will bother retaining him, they certainly won't want to pay anything for him. He won't want to drop into the Championship with us or for anyone else. My guess is he'll get a cut-price move to a club somewhere in Europe.

Probably right. Could also see him going to MLS or even the A League.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Say what now? Mooy was a great signing. Hardly any cash and sold for a profit and the season he played for us he was first on the team sheet.
Montoya was our level at the time.

Sorry can’t agree, a shadow of the Huddersfield version and sold for a minor profit (still a profit though) - according to Naylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The fact that Gross and Propper may no longer be first names on the team sheet is irrelevant to whether they were good transfer deals. Both Gross and Propper were superb buys - we wouldn't have survived our 1st. season (and probably not the second either) without them. And remember, they had to come straight in on day one of our PL existence and play (as did Ryan, and (I think) Suttner). All did good service (yes, even Suttner for a while) and didn't cost a lot, so excellent value and superb work by the recruitment team at the time.

Jury's out? - my ****!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
So why would the jury be out on if they were a good signing or not? They served their purposely excellently. Is the jury still out on if Murray, Knocakert and Zamora were good signings because they're yesterdays players?

Yup your right of course but Maty &? Davy still have a chance to play for us again? Would you include them? Same with Murray.....jury's out with me whether they would justify their inclusion atm, not saying they have not been worth the money spent on them.....Murray most certainly. Ryan I am not so sure.....Propper doesnt do it for me, never has therefore I dont think we should persevere with them. Only my opinion and I know probably a wrong one but I never been a huge fan of Propper and to a lesser extent Ryan so in conclusion no I dont think either was that fantastic of a signing.

Sorry :dunce:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Yup your right of course but Maty &? Davy still have a chance to play for us again? Would you include them? Same with Murray.....jury's out with me whether they would justify their inclusion atm, not saying they have not been worth the money spent on them.....Murray most certainly. Ryan I am not so sure.....Propper doesnt do it for me, never has therefore I dont think we should persevere with them. Only my opinion and I know probably a wrong one but I never been a huge fan of Propper and to a lesser extent Ryan so in conclusion no I dont think either was that fantastic of a signing.

Sorry :dunce:

You said the jury was still out on if Ryan and Propper were good signings. Not sure what relevance that has to if they would get in the team now.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
You said the jury was still out on if Ryan and Propper were good signings. Not sure what relevance that has to if they would get in the team now.

Well like I said I've never been a fan of Propper & Ryan was only average for me.....love the bloke but think we have better in Sanchez but ' the jury's out' only in my opinion not anybody else.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Well like I said I've never been a fan of Propper & Ryan was only average for me.....love the bloke but think we have better in Sanchez but ' the jury's out' only in my opinion not anybody else.

Fair enough if you don't rate either Propper or Ryan but it is a fact that they have both played a massive part in us retaining our Premier League status.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here