Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Biggest difference for me is the absence of Lallana.....really missing his nouse, leadership and creativity. Hope he’s back on Wednesday.

Ali J has looked alright when he’s been on. Nothing remarkable but not at poor as some are claiming either.

Leadership is huge at the minute as other than Dunk, there seems very little.

And he’s not firing on all cylinders performance wise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Denis Healy....... AJ....... both likeable characters rather than effective at their job........yep, get the comparison [emoji6]

Think Aspinall has more about him than Howe (and Healy)....

His alcoholism and gambling addiction certainly propel him into the upper atmosphere of good judgement, certainly.

???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apparently good enough for the club to use him as a scout?

Good to see him on the road to recovery, if so.

Ali J is an excellent and underrated footballer, however, not a scout.

Edit - I have just looked him up. He is not listed as a BHA scout.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

Good to see him on the road to recovery, if so.

Ali J is an excellent and underrated footballer, however, not a scout.

He was certainly watching Bradley Dack when at Gillingham.

Don’t agree with AJ at this level I’m afraid [emoji2]

Edit - just seen your edit, he mentioned it on Radio Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was certainly watching Bradley Dack when at Gillingham.

Don’t agree with AJ at this level I’m afraid [emoji2]

Edit - just seen your edit, he mentioned it on Radio Sussex

To be frank, I know nothing. I think that with Ali J he has something....magical. But he may well not score often enough for us or (more importantly) follow the Dear Leader's instructions sufficiently.....who knows? The proof of the pudding is he doesn't get picked often, so it is what it is.

Not sure what Aspers saw the other night that I missed that earned the pelters for Ali J, though.

:thumbsup:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Leadership is huge at the minute as other than Dunk, there seems very little.

And he’s not firing on all cylinders performance wise.

I dont necessarily disagree with you, but who got leaders these days? There's Sergio Ramos in Real, Chiellini in Juventus and Zlatan in Milan... other than that? Its a dying breed/personality trait. If you are a leader you wont be friends with everyone all the time, and if you are not friends with everyone all the time you wont get those likes on Instagram. The modern world does not like leaders.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I dont necessarily disagree with you, but who got leaders these days? There's Sergio Ramos in Real, Chiellini in Juventus and Zlatan in Milan... other than that? Its a dying breed/personality trait. If you are a leader you wont be friends with everyone all the time, and if you are not friends with everyone all the time you wont get those likes on Instagram. The modern world does not like leaders.

Good points - but in footballing terms, you need those players that will lead by example and not be afraid of dishing out a rollicking.

When we went up I would argue that Bruno, Dunk, Duffy, Murray even Stephens were the 'on-pitch' leaders. You could also throw in Liam Rosenoir,

Dunk and Lallana are likely to be a louder voices, but I'd be interested to know if there are others, some have said Webster, but he seems he quiet to me
(I could be wrong, just don't notice it).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

There are leaders at English clubs that are doing well. Look at the difference in Liverpool when Henderson plays. He's ostensibly a slow, defensive minded midfielder but all the play goes through him and his team trust him - all the team trust him.

Watch "All or Nothing Tottenham Hotspur" and see the difference between Lloris genuinely inspiring the troops and Kane just unleashing a volley of f-words. We took out a lot more than just a keeper when he was injured at The Amex.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
There are leaders at English clubs that are doing well. Look at the difference in Liverpool when Henderson plays. He's ostensibly a slow, defensive minded midfielder but all the play goes through him and his team trust him - all the team trust him.

Watch "All or Nothing Tottenham Hotspur" and see the difference between Lloris genuinely inspiring the troops and Kane just unleashing a volley of f-words. We took out a lot more than just a keeper when he was injured at The Amex.

Sure, ok. There are some lingering around, the species is not dead yet. But generally I believe I'm right - they are rare today and teams are lucky if they have one. Having a couple of them in your team is very rare.

Hopefully there's a few in the current squad who could turn into leaders when they feel more secure and established. Bissouma seems increasingly interested in taking responsibility although I get the impression he is not very vocal, Trossard was probably captain for a reason in his old club, Maupay definitely got some of the traits but needs a big bag of maturity. Currently I guess we need to hope that Lallana is fit as often as possible.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Denis Healy....... AJ....... both likeable characters rather than effective at their job........yep, get the comparison [emoji6]

Think Aspinall has more about him than Howe (and Healy)....

Denis Healey not good at his job? I can remember many years ago reading comments from civil servants who had been with him at the Ministry of Defence saying how good a minister he was. Was sometimes difficult to convince about something, but when he did buy in, he went to battle for them. Questioning. Attention to detail........

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Denis Healey not good at his job? I can remember many years ago reading comments from civil servants who had been with him at the Ministry of Defence saying how good a minister he was. Was sometimes difficult to convince about something, but when he did buy in, he went to battle for them. Questioning. Attention to detail........

And as Chancellor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And as Chancellor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not an Economist, but having just read a bit about it, he had difficult times to deal with and a less than competent Treasury staff.

Plenty of people would say or have written that he was (one of) the best Prime Ministers we never had.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm shocked that people are shocked we have not signed him. We are terrible in the transfer market. Always have been. We get lucky occasionally but generally we panic buy rubbish. This year appears to be no different. Long Long long season ahead

May I nominate this as the post of 2016-17? The year we got promoted to the top tier? :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here