Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
What does he actually bring to this team?

He can't score even from a few yards out.
He can't pass.
He can't tackle.

Mattigil

Jan 10, 2020
Imagine ignoring his cross that should have been buried by Connolly and saying he did nothing or doesn't know how to play...
Brighton should have took control of the game in the 1st half, not leave it all to the end of the game and then blame one player for his (yes poor) miss.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He's basically the new Jiri Skalak. Scored one amazing goal and looked like's stealing a living apart from that.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The most criminal thing for me was tackling trossard as he was about to shoot. He is not good enough.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He's basically the new Jiri Skalak. Scored one amazing goal and looked like's stealing a living apart from that.

Tough audience. Skalak played over 30 times for us in our promotion winning season, as a team some of the best football we’ve ever played

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
He isn't producing nearly enough when he's on the pitch.

HOWEVER, at least he bought a ticket for that last chance. And let's not forget that was a wicked cross from AJ that Connolly magically put over the bar. Considering we've got a team full of midfielders, none of whom can make anything close to a dangerous cross, it's pleasing that at least Ali J can whip in a ball from time to time!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tough audience. Skalak played over 30 times for us in our promotion winning season, as a team some of the best football we’ve ever played

He did, but I don't remember him actually contributing much to that effort. A lot of that was down to Kayal and Knockaert in our midfield

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
He did, but I don't remember him actually contributing much to that effort. A lot of that was down to Kayal and Knockaert in our midfield

Fair point but its a team that gets promoted, not a few individuals. He is a legend to me for being a core part of that team

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Ali has contributed nowhere near as much as skalak did

That's true.

I have a very heavy heart saying this as there's no lack of effort from Ali J, but surely he's ran out of chances now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here