Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He should start again on Wednesday and play wide right. Not drift around, let him play in his natural position and the team will be more balanced and effective. We looked good when March was wide left, Jahanbakhsh was wide right and Maupay and Welbeck could be a partnership. It's just a shame that we can't play like that, because our "visionary" manager is too keen to seem to be some genius rather than play the players in a way which suits them and the team. He's falling on his sword.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
He should start again on Wednesday and play wide right. Not drift around, let him play in his natural position and the team will be more balanced and effective. We looked good when March was wide left, Jahanbakhsh was wide right and Maupay and Welbeck could be a partnership. It's just a shame that we can't play like that, because our "visionary" manager is too keen to seem to be some genius rather than play the players in a way which suits them and the team. He's falling on his sword.

Ouch...but basically correct IMO. I don't think he'll start Wednesday though.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Neither do I, I don't think the bingo draw will favour him twice in a row. Probably a chance to throw Connolly back in again.

Yes, I too would guess it's Connolly's turn in the mincer again. Personally I'm hoping for a full A to Z in the alphabet bingo draw: Alzate and Zequiri. Has to happen sometime, law of averages.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
But does show a couple of glimpses that were classy and better than the previous incumbents managed with more game time :shrug:

One of the great frustrations is we have lots of these players who show glimpses of what they are capable of but seem incapable of turning that promise into a level of consistency that forces them into a regular start.

Ali J is no better or worse than the others in that regard but there is certainly a valid argument others have been given more game time.

For me I think he needs to be moved on and why we chased a player so hard who thrives in a setup that we were never going to play is another one of those head scratching recruitment decisions.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
One of the great frustrations is we have lots of these players who show glimpses of what they are capable of but seem incapable of turning that promise into a level of consistency that forces them into a regular start.

Ali J is no better or worse than the others in that regard but there is certainly a valid argument others have been given more game time.

For me I think he needs to be moved on and why we chased a player so hard who thrives in a setup that we were never going to play is another one of those head scratching recruitment decisions.

I think it shows again, right back to CMS, that the recruitment team and the manager are somehow "not on the same page" as it were and makes a mockery of spending the huge sums on players. Still seems that some players bought are not really wanted and round holes/square pegs. Granted of course , that managers have changed and the players already here are not in Potters style for example (Duffy and Ali-J particularly). Probably an argument to keep managers for longer before sacking them.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[emoji23]

You think AJ has been more productive than those players?

[emoji52]

Are you sure you go? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the game time he’s had this season (including cups) it’s close enough for him to be given more game time, imo

Have you seen Maupay and Connolly recently? They could still be playing from last night and they wouldn’t have scored :lolol:

#AliJfanboy

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
In the game time he’s had this season (including cups) it’s close enough for him to be given more game time, imo

Have you seen Maupay and Connolly recently? They could still be playing from last night and they wouldn’t have scored :lolol:

#AliJfanboy

Against nothing teams to be fair. Portsmouth #twats and PNE.
MacAllister also looked good and IMO offers more than AJ, but he’s also on the periphery.

On a different note, it does feel we’re going backwards after the last couple of games, (I know Southampton and Leicester are flying), but it’s the manner of performance....

All of that said in the prediction league I have us down to beat Fulham comfortably [emoji2].

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ali J, best shot and best pass to a player who should have scored, last night :shrug:

#teamaliJ

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Biggest difference for me is the absence of Lallana.....really missing his nouse, leadership and creativity. Hope he’s back on Wednesday.

Ali J has looked alright when he’s been on. Nothing remarkable but not at poor as some are claiming either.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Biggest difference for me is the absence of Lallana.....really missing his nouse, leadership and creativity. Hope he’s back on Wednesday.

Ali J has looked alright when he’s been on. Nothing remarkable but not at poor as some are claiming either.

His trouble is that he’s trying to hard if he just relaxed a bit he’d benefit no end

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Slaughtered by Aspinall

What was it that Denis Healey said about an attack on him by Geoffrey Howe?

'Like being savaged by a dead sheep'

:shrug:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Alireza Jahanbakhsh signs on a 5-year deal for a club record fee

What was it that Denis Healey said about an attack on him by Geoffrey Howe?

'Like being savaged by a dead sheep'

:shrug:

Denis Healy....... AJ....... both likeable characters rather than effective at their job........yep, get the comparison [emoji6]

Think Aspinall has more about him than Howe (and Healy)....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here