Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh joins Feyenoord

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can’t ignore the bad and just focus on the good. On the whole Mooy has been a good plater this season, whereas upto those two goals and subsequently Jahanbakhsh has been below the required standard. The reason 36 appearances keeps getting mentioned is because it’s a lot. I think the only reason he got so many is because of his large transfer fee.

Why are you purposely misrepresenting what I'm writing?

Last season Ali played 1022 minutes.
This season it's just 287 mins.

By contrast Mooy has played 1800 mins, many justified, a fair few not.
Solly has played 800 minutes, more cards than assists, no goals and at fault for Arsenal's goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Solly has played 800 minutes, more cards than assists, no goals and at fault for Arsenal's goal.

Highly selective. You could also say that our shape improved immensely when he came on, that he played LWB and left wing, despite not being a full back, popped up covering at right back at the end and set up the equalizer :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This thread will look silly when he starts tomorrow or Saturday :D

Then scores a hat-trick and sets up Maupay with 6 low hard drives across the 6 yard line.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

At fault for the Arsenal goal? Bit harsh. It was a great finish and he made the most of the space he had. March could have got closer ( and opened himself up to be run), Ryan could have covered it better, the midfield could have stopped the ball coming to him, someone else could have covered March's inside so he was forced away from goal

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Results could have made Ali’s season a lot different. The lack of wins in 2020 meant Potter has needed to get more and more resilient so turned to players that while perhaps equal to maybe even not as effective as Ali in the attacking third, but have a lot more about them in the defensive one. If we’d picked up a win or 2, retained a bit of the early season confidence suspect Ali would have featured more. As soon as the team’s confidence started ebb, so did Potter’s in Ali being a player to help us get out of it. Perhaps that will change now we have a bit of confidence back?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Highly selective. You could also say that our shape improved immensely when he came on, that he played LWB and left wing, despite not being a full back, popped up covering at right back at the end and set up the equalizer :rolleyes:

Solly's the last person I to drag into this, Brighton boy and all that.
There's clearly something wrong with Ali, as you know I think that's down to him being a bit to square peggy.
Not something that can be leveled at Solly, although that said, when nobody was firing, I don't remember too many 'lucky Solly was playing'.

Ali will be off.
I have no idea why he stayed/was kept.

Hopefully Jocko will fill the position that's been missing all season.
The team gets an attacking presence that can link Groß/Mooy/Trossard with Maupay and Connolly, ending this once and for all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Low hard drives across the 6 yard line you say? :lolol:

The ball he played in which Maupay should have tapped in to beat Chelsea.
Plus a couple of others that day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Results could have made Ali’s season a lot different. The lack of wins in 2020 meant Potter has needed to get more and more resilient so turned to players that while perhaps equal to maybe even not as effective as Ali in the attacking third, but have a lot more about them in the defensive one. If we’d picked up a win or 2, retained a bit of the early season confidence suspect Ali would have featured more. As soon as the team’s confidence started ebb, so did Potter’s in Ali being a player to help us get out of it. Perhaps that will change now we have a bit of confidence back?

It did all get a but Hughtony.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
and yet, you did :shrug:
Because I really really want him to be our Premier League footballer, far more so than Ali.
But I think with all this (early) talk of safety and Potter building his team, if we are discussing players not making it, not being able to kick on, then it saddens me to say Solly has be bought into the conversation.

Esp when he's had x4 the game time of someone who is deemed not good enough, but has provided valuable points.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was more thinking of this at about 2.02 in the context of March :lol:
Ali would have actually passed the ball to Dunk. :lol: :jester:

Anyway I didn't come here to debate with facts reasoned logic.
I'm far to excited about the prospect of booing Lamptey.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It did all get a but Hughtony.

Yep, but give Potter his due, rather than be stubborn, when we’ve needed it he’s drawn on that resilience Hughton established, and not been afraid to batten down the hatches and accumulate 3 points away to the likes of Sheff Utd, Wolves and Leicester, all of whom have been very strong at home. The good thing about Potter is you know it’s not a permanent philosophy as the 2nd half against Arsenal and first half at Leicester showed. The second half though at Leicester - you could see why Ali didn’t feature, as soon as Leicester got their act together, we went into defend a point mode, we’d had our chances first half, time to be happy with something from the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who isn't? It's the only reason for getting back to the Amex as normal that I can think of.......

We'll soon put this jumped up little gem back in his box.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ali J to come on and score the equaliser or winner against United would be nice :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here