Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell to Southend

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
With a bit more luck in the Cheltenham cup game where Elder started (cant remember if it was JPT or FAC) he should have had about 20!

Ok maybe not that much but on another day Im sure he would have bagged 2 or 3...
The problem is if you've seen him play for the reserves that sort of suggests that it is not a one off... Elder does offer something a bit different to Revell but I don't think he's anywhere near as good a player. And I'm not the biggest Revell fan.

It wouldn't make much sense to him now for footballing reasons. Forster, Murray, Revell, Elder, Gatting, Robinson is an ok set of strikers, but if you take out Revell the back up doesn't look as strong. Plus Southend are still a possible play off rival. I hope if he does go that there is another striker coming in.

And we still need a winger...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They have signed Lee Barnard from Tottenham, whio many thought that we should have gone after and has been on loan at Crewe this season.

The interesting point is that Revell has the same agent as Dean Hammond has he told him he is too good for Brighton?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They have signed Lee Barnard from Tottenham, whio many thought that we should have gone after and has been on loan at Crewe this season.

The interesting point is that Revell has the same agent as Dean Hammond has he told him he is too good for Brighton?

If he has he is;

1. Wrong
2. A plank

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Revell and Hammond's situations are COMPLETELY different, so I think that is a disingenious connection to make.

Also if by some chance his agent think he was 'too good' for us, why would he engineer a move to a club currently 2 pts [from 2 extra games] above us in the same division?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
But doesnt he also have the same agent as Forster as well? And Forster joined us.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A non Brighton fan would probably put them above us as likely opromotion candidates.

Also the agent manages, Hammond stalling over a new deal probably engineered by the agent.

Talk of Revell going to Coventry last transfer window and now Southend again probably engineered by the agent.

Adam Hinshlewood possibly due to retire but out of contract at the end of this season so either way we could lose him, again the gent will have a say in what happens there I am sure.

southend_dave

Jan 29, 2008
Hi all,

Apparently Revell is one of 3 players we are looking at, the others rumoured to be Dean Bowditch and Daniel Jones. (subject to standard rumour mill conditions!).

Reading through the thread we do have a bit of money to spend, we had 200kk "spent" on Walker and were still bidding 250k for Fallon. In the meantime we bought Barnard, rumoured to be for about 35k so plenty left in the kitty.

Whether Revell is any good I can only take whats been said on here, Id never heard of him before today though.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Fitness [as ever with him] aside, I'd take Bowditch over Alex any day.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm not sure he is still there. Wasn't in their squad on Saturday, anyway.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whether Revell is any good I can only take whats been said on here, Id never heard of him before today though.

Revell is a half decent League 1 player, certainly not going to go any higher than that IMO, If you need a hard working and committed player who scores occaisionally then he will be a decent signing for you.

I have just moved to Leigh-on-Sea btw, not as good as Brighton, but nice place nonetheless.

southend_dave

Jan 29, 2008
Revell is a half decent League 1 player, certainly not going to go any higher than that IMO, If you need a hard working and committed player who scores occaisionally then he will be a decent signing for you.

I have just moved to Leigh-on-Sea btw, not as good as Brighton, but nice place nonetheless.

Well our current crop arent even doing it at league one level so he may be an improvement.

I lived in Leigh for about 8 years then moved into Southend. Its a nice place, especially old Leigh & the Broadway but nothing on Brighton where I spent a lot of time a while back.

Now you can change allegiance and come support a real team :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Southend Dave. If this does come off, would you like to buy a yellow football shirt, age 9-10 with 'Revell 8' on the back? I'm sure that the badges on the front will come off.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well our current crop arent even doing it at league one level so he may be an improvement.

I lived in Leigh for about 8 years then moved into Southend. Its a nice place, especially old Leigh & the Broadway but nothing on Brighton where I spent a lot of time a while back.

Now you can change allegiance and come support a real team :)

After the warm greeting I recieved outside Roots Hall when you knocked us out of the cup last time, I might take a rain check on that Dave.

Not really been out and about much yet, just moved in. seems OK from what I've seen so far tho. When we finally play the game that we have had postoned, re-scheduled blah blah, we should have a post match bevvy.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Dean Bowditch would be the ideal winger/come striker to assist both Forster and Murray. Is he still on loan at Northampton if so provided he isnt injured should play against us tonight. Provided he doesnt try to impress DW too much:lolol:

Bowditch does not appear to be with Northampton any more so must have gone back to Ipswich.

I wonder if Dean and DK will be back in for him this week?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
i must say im pretty saddened by the news alex revell will be leaving probably more from a selfish point of view tho. i met alex revell through jake and become fairly good mates with him when he used to come down n watch our cricket team etc, hes a top bloke who has a right laugh and will be sorely missed, hope he does well at southend. top man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here