Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell to Southend

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
STUART ELLIOT, SIMON COX AND PETER LEVEN!

I would SHIT myself with excitment if we swapped them for Hammond and Revell. Can't see Cox happening though, and you'd think Elliot would cost a couple of hundred grand....

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Selling Alex knocked knees Revell would be the best bit of buisness Albion have done in the selling department since Virgo, he works hard and does scores the occasional goal but he is too dependant on others around him to play well, it gives us very little option when going forward. I thought he would end up back in the lower leagues, so if we ending up getting cash for him which helps bring in a MUCH better Forward/winger then well done Dick as selling CAN be as important as buying!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Noooo......it would be a real shame to lose Alex.

Best of luck if you do go Alex and hope that you return to play in the OGH testimonial so we get a chance to say goodbye properly.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Revell has always come across has a decent bloke and can be relied upon to give the cliched 100%. But strikers are in the team to score goals and let's face facts, he doesn't score enough. He's never going to be a 20 goal + striker every successful side needs. If we get a decent offer for him, we should sell. If he does end up leaving, he'll go with my thanks and best wishes for the future unlike certain other Albion strikers I could mention ( and I will )...Knight , Kazim Richards.

ack

Apr 20, 2006
Donation or not,we have signed 2 midfielders and a striker,and still looking at others plus the trialists.
My only question is where has all this cash come from,or maybe coming from,we have all done the transfer windows b4 and seen not alot,but whats changed now???

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
You're chipping in for the petrol money already seeing as you're coming with me you CLOWN:lolol:

It is surely worth another fiver each to go via Southend though?!

That was my point you TOOL! Not only would we get to see the sites of Southend, but get rid of Revell at the same time :clap2: Oh and all of this whilst litening to the 'Play your cards rights' theme :bowdown:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Donation or not,we have signed 2 midfielders and a striker,and still looking at others plus the trialists.
My only question is where has all this cash come from,or maybe coming from,we have all done the transfer windows b4 and seen not alot,but whats changed now???

i think the fact that numerous windows have passed before + we've spent fack all despite making a bit from player sales etc probably contributes to having a bit of spare cash right now

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If we can get over a hundred grand for him I'd take that, Elder isn't that much worse than him (if at all given a few games) and will do as a squad player until we can bring in someone better.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I can't see Elder scoring a hat-trick against L1 opposition as Revell did against Bournemouth.

With a bit more luck in the Cheltenham cup game where Elder started (cant remember if it was JPT or FAC) he should have had about 20!

Ok maybe not that much but on another day Im sure he would have bagged 2 or 3...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
His contract is up in the summer though, so if we can persuade him to head south, we may get a good deal.

As you say though, if he quoted distance as a reason not to move to Darlo or Southend, why would we be any different?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With a bit more luck in the Cheltenham cup game where Elder started (cant remember if it was JPT or FAC) he should have had about 20!

Ok maybe not that much but on another day Im sure he would have bagged 2 or 3...

Its not actually about luck though is it? And to be honest with that post you've defeated your own argument. Yes, he should have scored at least 2 or 3 in that game. he didn't. there is a reason why he didn't, and its not 'luck'.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
elliot wont be coming here he turned down southend cause it was too far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here