Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell to Southend

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I wouldn't mind an exchange deal for a winger or forward, Elder's not too far behind Revell in terms of ability.

What are you basing that on? As far as I am aware, no-one has really seen enough of Elder to make such a judgement. I would suggest there is a reason why one has been pretty much a regular starter in the last 2 seasons and scored a fair few goals, and one has hardly played.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Here's a [COMPLETELY SPECULATIVE] scenario;

Albion sign Murray for £300k, banking on money from Hammond sale.
Hammond decides to stay put.
Albion need cash quick.
etc, etc....

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Well he does always seem to shout towards the dug-out/ South Stand when he scores as to prove a point. I find that a bit odd to be honest

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Just been to Southend Fans websites the player they think they are getting is Dean Bowditch not Alex Revall

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure you're right Brett, and I was only guessing. [as I pointed out].

Of course this entire story could be BOLLOCKS. this thread was started by a JOURNO, after all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As pointed out by Lord B this story appearred in a paper in 2004 not 2008 so I would suggest that it is bollocks as since that story he has joined us. I see no reason nor need to sell him at the moment. I am sure that there will be one of the 3, Murray, Elder Revell starting and at least one on the bench. Think it looks more ominous for Gatting than either of the other 2 and would not expect either of those to go unless Elder went on loan to get some games.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As pointed out by Lord B this story appearred in a paper in 2004 not 2008 so I would suggest that it is bollocks as since that story he has joined us. I see no reason nor need to sell him at the moment. I am sure that there will be one of the 3, Murray, Elder Revell starting and at least one on the bench. Think it looks more ominous for Gatting than either of the other 2 and would not expect either of those to go unless Elder went on loan to get some games.

Revell will go to Southend I am afraid, probably for 150k.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
was revell not linked to Coventry last Jan? hes a fairly decent player and can play at this level, with hte signing of murrey it wouldnt suprise me if he wanted to move on!

As pointed out by Lord B this story appearred in a paper in 2004 not 2008 so I would suggest that it is bollocks as since that story he has joined us.
I'm pleased to have contributed to the confusion.

The point of reproducing a press story from more than 3 years ago was simply to draw people's attention to the fact that - incredible though it might seem - the lad seems to like Southend.

I have NO IDEA what is bollocks and what is the truth. Although I would guess that the hans kraay fan club scenario ("we desperately need the money now Tony Bloom has shown that he's got some spare cash") is as close to bollocks as it's possible to be.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm pleased to have contributed to the confusion.

The point of reproducing a press story from more than 3 years ago was simply to draw people's attention to the fact that - incredible though it might seem - the lad seems to like Southend.

I have NO IDEA what is bollocks and what is the truth. Although I would guess that the hans kraay fan club scenario ("we desperately need the money now Tony Bloom has shown that he's got some spare cash") is as close to bollocks as it's possible to be.

It was SUPPOSED to be bollocks ED. That was the point. I thought I had made that clear? I was saving the doomsayers the trouble of typing it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
now in the argus.....Southend hope to tie up deal before deadline ......strange one....might explain why we have another striker lined up.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
now in the argus.....Southend hope to tie up deal before deadline ......strange one....might explain why we have another striker lined up.

Should only go if we get a silly offer. Weren't Southend trying to spend £250k on a couple of strikers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here