Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alex Revell to Southend

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Haven't they already spent £200k in this window on a striker? Some young lad from Charlton? Or did I imagine that?

Southend signed Barnard from Spurs for an undisclosed fee, he's a striker. The move for James Walker from Charlton was cancelled when heart problems were revealed and the player has been told to cease all football and training for at least 3 months. Southend also agreed a fee of 250k for Rory Fallon but he rejected the move from Plymouth.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I heard somewhere £75,000 so they still have a sizeable chunk of the 250k they were going to spend on Fallon left.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Done some on digging and the offer was 150k but we have a sell on due which adds some complexity. Also told our targets include Simon Cox, Stuart Elliot and Leven from Chesterfield.

I personally wouldn't sell, he's an effective option playing wide right and i think he's still improving as a center forward so should compete wth Forster and Murray.

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
Don't think we should let him go. We need proper competition for places up front and having Forster, Murray, Revell and Elder gives us this. Relying on just Murray and Forster as a 1st choice pairing with no proper back-up would give us a serious problem if either was injured.

Shoreham Seagull

Dec 9, 2007
Done some on digging and the offer was 150k but we have a sell on due which adds some complexity. Also told our targets include Simon Cox, Stuart Elliot and Leven from Chesterfield.

I personally wouldn't sell, he's an effective option playing wide right and i think he's still improving as a center forward so should compete wth Forster and Murray.

Stuart Elliott is an effective left-winger or striker. Wouldn't mind seeing him on the payroll.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
no suprise that Forster was prolific alongside baz but not alongside revell. As Forster is out main man I think we could afford to loose alex if we got cash for him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well Forster would know Elliot well, which might be a good thing, and Cox is highly rated at Swindon.

I like Revell, and those that make out he's crap are either ignorant of any football knowledge or unrealistic about the standard of player we can hope to attract.

Having said that, if he wants to go, and IF we can get a replacement DURING THIS WINDOW, then so be it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
no suprise that Forster was prolific alongside baz but not alongside revell. As Forster is out main man I think we could afford to loose alex if we got cash for him

I would probably agree with that. As much as I like Revell, he does not impress me more often than not. Recently, against Mansfield and Huddersfield, I don't think a single flick on worked and he ended up turning over possession far too often and looked lost at times. I don't think it would be a huge loss if he was to leave. He is not irreplaceable and everyone has their price.

However, having said that, he looked a much better player at the start of his spell, before those unfortunate injuries just as he was finding his feet. I don't think he has peaked (although not far off), but do we have the patience to wait? Certainly a useful squad player, but is that fair on him?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here