Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Tranmere thread

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
My work colleague who is a neutral also thought the game was a STEAMING PILE OF DOG TURD. The fact Wilkins was happy with that shower of shite sums the guy up. 16th In Division 3 with less than 4600 Albion people coming and the guy is happy. The fact a few people at the end applauded shows how far and how low Albion fans expectations have reached.

But you should be pleased with this if you are a true Albion fan.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Yes that was a dire result, but why dwell on it? The most important match is the NEXT one, not the one before last.

Not the most eventful game, they were a typical Ronnie Moore side, big, strong, and well organised. Goodison at the back in particular is a player who has impressed me whenever I've seen him. The sides cancelled each other out really, although I thought if anyone could've won it, it was us. Still, a decent point. Three against Cheltenham is a must.

Worryingly shit attendance as well.

Pretty much my thoughts. They had one clear cut chance all night we had a few more and in patches looked the better team.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
think the fact that the majority of the crowd just walked out at the end as opposed to clapping or booing summed it up

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah. maybe I have higher expectations of my team. Other managers have made a silk purse from a sow's ear, Horton, Adams, Taylor, Coppell, McGhee. The harsh facts are the NSC faithful accounting for around 1000 fans tops is not a good yardstick to judge these matters. My works colleagues Friend was offered a free ticket and turned it down. Word on the street is that the football we play is shite and boring.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
hart seemed a pointless change - i would have stuck robinson on wide and moved bowditch up top with forster

mayo was due to the fact that with greenacre on they were quicker and more lively up front, and butters would have been struggling to cope with that due to his lack of pace

Exactly. Tranmere defence, looked rather shaky. Whenever Bowditch got the ball to his feet and ran at them. Jakey could gave their tireing left back a good run for his money, and give a good cross into Dean and Fozzie.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Did anyone else think that Murray looked very poor tonight? He didn't look at all like a £300K striker to me although I know it's early days. Let's hope tonight was a one off!

:ascarf:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
hart seemed a pointless change - i would have stuck robinson on wide and moved bowditch up top with forster

mayo was due to the fact that with greenacre on they were quicker and more lively up front, and butters would have been struggling to cope with that due to his lack of pace

And of course Mayo is blessed with pace.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Murray was toilet. I though El Abd played well as did Forster as usual but my mom was clearly Bowditch. The sponsors must have bene pissed up to give it to Thomson.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Murray was toilet. I though El Abd played well as did Forster as usual but my mom was clearly Bowditch. The sponsors must have bene pissed up to give it to Thomson.

Murray has to learn that now, the league above. Has alot more physical and stronger centre backs then League Two does.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And of course Mayo is blessed with pace.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

obviously not - but el abd is reasonably quick, hence why he went to centre back and mayo into the middle of the park

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The ONLY positives 2nite was:

Last season we would have lost that type of game 1-0.

We are a point closer to safety (tho to be fair I dont think we will struggle this season)

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
It must be clear to Wilkins now that this team will not make the play-offs.

So why not give us some entertainment for our hard earned and send the team out to excite?

Sure we may get beaten by better teams but i honestly don't think there are that many better teams, We drop points through our own fear of playing.

It wasn't much fun watching that tonight. plenty of effort but where's the quality?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The ONLY positives 2nite was:

Last season we would have lost that type of game 1-0.

We are a point closer to safety (tho to be fair I dont think we will struggle this season)

Two more positives (although connected) - we kept a clean sheet and were lucky not to concede a penalty.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't the ref helped at all last night. I'd like to see the stats on how much time the ball was 'dead' while he pissed around. Bad decisions both ways, mostly against us, complete non-contact sport in the area from crosses, and a shite relationship with his co-officials leading to regular confusion. It was a 'me, me, me', hogging the spotlight display - so given all that, he's probably heading straight for the Premier League.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't the ref helped at all last night. I'd like to see the stats on how much time the ball was 'dead' while he pissed around. Bad decisions both ways, mostly against us, complete non-contact sport in the area from crosses, and a shite relationship with his co-officials leading to regular confusion. It was a 'me, me, me', hogging the spotlight display - so given all that, he's probably heading straight for the Premier League.

so it was all the refs fault?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
so it was all the refs fault?

Of course it wasn't, that's why I said he didn't help. He made an already struggling match much worse. And people are always going on about the players' duty to entertain, in my book that applies also to the officials. They can ruin the flow of a game by being too whistle-happy and taking ages to sort out really basic decisions and situations.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Of course it wasn't, that's why I said he didn't help. He made an already struggling match much worse. And people are always going on about the players' duty to entertain, in my book that applies also to the officials. They can ruin the flow of a game by being too whistle-happy and taking ages to sort out really basic decisions and situations.

agree 100%

that is the problem with lower league refs though

Took my lad last night and not the most entertaining of games but certainly not as bad as Chelski Pool at the weekend.

Bearing in mind the current extremely limited squad due to injuries, the quality of the opposition and the effect of the last minute defeat on Sat then it could have been worse.

There was some excellent passing and movement at times although not regularly enough. The back 4 did a pretty good job and El Abd and Thomson were outstanding in midfield. Their only downside is that there was not enough support high enough up the pitch at times but we are talking about 1 bloke whose played a handful of games for us and the other who is a centre half so get real.

Cox did well and Bowditch was ok ish. Forster was his usual excellent self and it's a shame his touch let him down early on. Murray meanwhile was nowhere near as good as against Crewe and sadly this deprived us of a double edged attack.

Tranmere are no puchovers (ask Leeds) and we coped pretty well whilst creating some good opportunities. Overall a 6 or 7 out of 10 and the people on here who are gloom and doom merchants should go and peddle their rubbish at clubs like B'Muff, Luton or Leeds where you will have a point.

The reality is it wasn't dreadful, it wasn't great but I've seen a lot worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here