Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion vs Tranmere thread

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Just listened to Dean Wilkins on SCR and he must have the same speach recorded after every game "lacking quality in the final third" he says that every week. He felt Kerry did well because he NEARLY scored, when John Byrne said he SHOULD have scored. Dean Wilkins pleased with draw. Draw at home says all about are ambitions

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Might (or not) have been an exciting game, but a very good result.
Tranmere have been climbing the table recently - 12th 10 game ago,in the playoffs now.
Unbeaten in 5 before tonight:
Code:
Millwall away   1-0
Yeovil home     2-1
Gillingham home 2-0
Leeds away      2-0
LeightonO home  1-1
Playing with a mixed side of newcomers, and some old lags covering for injuries, this is a valuable point won, and two points pinched off what Tranmere might have been expecting.

It is a big if, but if we win our 3 games in hand on Tranmere, then we would push them out of the playoffs! Equal on points, at least 1 goal better goal difference!

Last edited:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Tranmere have been climbing the table recently - 12th 10 game ago,in the playoffs now.
Code:
Millwall away   1-0
Yeovil home     2-1
Gillingham home 2-0
Leeds away      2-0
LeightonO home  1-1
Playing with a mixed side of newcomers, and some old lags covering for injuries, this is a valuable point won, and two points pinched off what Tranmere might have been expecting.

Like your thinking

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Code:
Millwall away   1-0
Yeovil home     2-1
Gillingham home 2-0
Leeds away      2-0
LeightonO home  1-1

I agree that it was a good point tonight but we should not forget that the 3 points we dropped at Cheltenham was an awful result - fact.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
I agree that it was a good point tonight but we should not forget that the 3 points we dropped at Cheltenham was an awful result - fact.

They had also been on good form. Tonight was a good result, they always looked dangerous and I think we should be pleased with a clean sheet.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes that was a dire result, but why dwell on it? The most important match is the NEXT one, not the one before last.

Not the most eventful game, they were a typical Ronnie Moore side, big, strong, and well organised. Goodison at the back in particular is a player who has impressed me whenever I've seen him. The sides cancelled each other out really, although I thought if anyone could've won it, it was us. Still, a decent point. Three against Cheltenham is a must.

Worryingly shit attendance as well.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
cant understand why robinson didnt come on - when we ran at them they looked scared, as proven by bowditch attacking and foirsters rampage in the first half

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
When we play the ball on the ground, we look a decent side. But when we start playing route one football, we turn into a lower League Two side. I'll never know why Wilkins had the sense to bring on Mayo or OGH. Tranmere were a very physical and well organised side, and the point was the best outcome.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sorry to so I thought the match was a STEAMING PILE OF DOG TURD

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My work colleague who is a neutral also thought the game was a STEAMING PILE OF DOG TURD. The fact Wilkins was happy with that shower of shite sums the guy up. 16th In Division 3 with less than 4600 Albion people coming and the guy is happy. The fact a few people at the end applauded shows how far and how low Albion fans expectations have reached.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
My work colleague who is a neutral also thought the game was a STEAMING PILE OF DOG TURD. The fact Wilkins was happy with that shower of shite sums the guy up. 16th In Division 3 with less than 4600 Albion people coming and the guy is happy. The fact a few people at the end applauded shows how far and how low Albion fans expectations have reached.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
When we play the ball on the ground, we look a decent side. But when we start playing route one football, we turn into a lower League Two side. I'll never know why Wilkins had the sense to bring on Mayo or OGH. Tranmere were a very physical and well organised side, and the point was the best outcome.

hart seemed a pointless change - i would have stuck robinson on wide and moved bowditch up top with forster

mayo was due to the fact that with greenacre on they were quicker and more lively up front, and butters would have been struggling to cope with that due to his lack of pace

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And it wasn't just Albion, Tranmere were woeful as well , the game was abysmal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here