Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Vs Norwich Quarter Final 1983

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Albion Vs Norwich FA Cup on Google Video

If anyones interested I've archived my old Betamax recording of Albion Vs Norwich FA Cup quarter final 1983, its currently up on google video. I'm hoping to add the the 4th round against Man City and the semi final at some point, I'm hoping there's no copyright issues involved with this but if the club has issues I'll take it off.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2453026774300414890&hl=en-GB

Enjoy

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't realise that was you.

Got a new betamax then ?

By the way - if you need something converted from an old Hi8, VHS, BETAMAX etc.. to a DVD etc.. for your personal use.

HE THE MAN (at a very reasonable price)

.. and as an ex television industry professional he knows what he's doing :thumbsup:.

Last edited:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Yep anyone want Hi8, VHc, VHS (s), Betamax converting contact me!! Just had my Betamax player reconditioned, it really was way ahead of its time, VHS just does'nt compare.

www.format-transfers.com

Shameless plug!!

Last edited:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That brings back some great memories. Got there about midday that day to get in, and like the above post, I can't remember the Goldstone ever being that packed out.

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Just realised a mistake of course its the 6th round and not the 5th, bollocks I'll have to re-edit it!! If I can locate the semi-final footage I'll get it on google soon.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Me too! I was 11 at the time and because of ticket shortages my elder brother got taken by our neighbours and I was left at home booing my eyes out stamping my feet and screaming "snot fair" blah blah.

Still, I got a programme and spotted it in the loft last year whilst up there rumaging around!!

Great days, our beloved Goldstone Ground. Archer, you're a **** on an LDC scale:angry: :censored: :angry:

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
and mark barham playing for norwich! and chris woods in goal.
and what we would do for someone like andy ritchie playing for us these days!
I remember my first ever home game it was against oldham 90/91 season and ritchie played for them.

Last edited:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
pishhead said:
and mark barham playing for norwich! and chris woods in goal.
and what we would do for someone like andy ritchie playing for us these days!
I remember my first ever home game it was against oldham 90/91 season and ritchie played for them.

Richie is the kind of player we desperately need, not the tallest but very clever on the ball and really got stuck in. Never really did himself justice at the Albion though I think, although had his moments.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
remember that game well....Norwich fans in the North Stand...squashed in like a sardine...you just dont get that at football matches these days.

Brought back a lot of great memories ....was that Gerald Sinstat commentating.

Neil Smillie - absolute class player

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
burrish gull said:
Richie is the kind of player we desperately need, not the tallest but very clever on the ball and really got stuck in. Never really did himself justice at the Albion though I think, although had his moments.

A very clevber player in the mould of Sheringham. Smae was that he was a target for the boo-boys as he did not find the net that regulalrly with Michael Robinson getting almost all of the striking plaudits.

I recall him playing for us against Man Utf at OT. He got a standing ovation from the SE when he scored.

He used to drive a Renualt Feugo.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
That is superb, Brighton at home in a real stadium - big crowd, ahh terracing, disabled 3 wheeler cars

halycon days

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think it helped when the announcer at the goldstone left his mike on and you could clearly hear him day something like " FFS pull your finger out Richie..." or something like that when Andy miscontrolled the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here