Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Vs Norwich Quarter Final 1983

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Great memories!! I was a skinny 19 year old.

That was as packed in the North behind the goal as I ever remember it. I remember going even madder the following year when Terry Connor scored against Liverpool. The kind of lose-your-keys-and-shoe-and-hug-a-stranger-mad. I remember wacking El Pres in the mush by accident when we scored.

Thanks for this - I'll show my kids tonight.

Pg

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
thanks very much Burrish...

great memories - I was in the North West... don't remember having a ticket - just massive queues along Old Shoreham Road and then running round the West once we realised the gates had been shut on the North Stand

Last edited:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Thank everyone, just as a side note if anyone has any old VHS or Betamax (I'm talking pre 1990 really) Albion footage I'll be more than willing to convert it for them, edit it and get it up on google. I'm trying to stay away from Sky footage etc.. having worked in the industry for a few years I know what they can be like with regards to using their footage.

Last edited:

burrish gull said:
Thank everyone, just as a side note if anyone has any old VHS or Betamax (I'm talking pre 1990 really) Albion footage I'll be more than willing to convert it for them, edit it and get it up on google. I'm trying to stay away from Sky footage etc.. having worked in the industry for a few years I know what they can be like with regards to using their footage.

Hehe - Deja vu? :lol:

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Uncle Buck said:
Do Sky get funny about the copyright and who owns the footage etc?

I went for an interview there a few years ago and off the record a manger told me that in no way think of us as a traditional TV station, we are purely a money making corporation hell bent on world domination...... it sent shivers up my spine!!! Trouble is most of the TV world is now exactly like them, which is why I bailed out of the shitty business last year!!

I'ts just best if any footage I put up is 'older' and not really in the public domain. Most of it has probably been deleted anyway, the BBC had a policy of doing this for years, they now regret it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
burrish gull said:
I went for an interview there a few years ago and off the record a manger told me that in no way think of us as a traditional TV station, we are purely a money making corporation hell bent on world domination...... it sent shivers up my spine!!! Trouble is most of the TV world is now exactly like them, which is why I bailed out of the shitty business last year!!

I'ts just best if any footage I put up is 'older' and not really in the public domain. Most of it has probably been deleted anyway, the BBC had a policy of doing this for years, they now regret it.

So the older stuff on Yourtube is fine, but it must be a bit grey when it comes to the newer footage that people put on these sites.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton till i die said:
still cant f***ing believe terracing is banned its a f***ing joke and when you see scenes like that vid i miss it even more - f***ing KNEE JERK reaction!

I guess the families of those 98 (?) that died at Hillsborough might to some extent disagree with the knee jerk bit. Whilst it can be safe as the German's have shown a reaction post Hillsborough was needed.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Uncle Buck said:
I guess the families of those 98 (?) that died at Hillsborough might to some extent disagree with the knee jerk bit. Whilst it can be safe as the German's have shown a reaction post Hillsborough was needed.

when i say knee jerk i mean no dis-respect to those who suffered injury or loss in the disasters - HOWEVER - the banning of all terracing is a complete over-reaction and there have been many points raised recently and displayed in other countries to suggest we could have a return to the good ol times!:)

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Got locked out myself and then got nabbed by the old bill round the back of the south stand in the old car park whilst putting a ladder up at the back of the stand. Got let go tho and watched it from one of the gardens down the side. Could`nt see the south go but saw Case`s winner.

Thats what comes of having ``just one more pint in the Eclipse fore we go eh``

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
cheers Burrish, great memories.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I was in the south for this.I was 12 at the time.Totally agree about the North stand .When that was packed for important games and we scored up that end-these are moments that i will never forget and were some of the best moments of my life too.:cry:

I have a lot of old Albion footage on video i will try and dig out .

sullyshuffle

Aug 16, 2003
Horsham
wonderful footage.....been a long time since I seem that match!

Memories..remember the excitement and being in the ground for what seemed like hours before the kick off!

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Really enjoyed that Burrish - thank you. My brother bought us the programme for our wedding anniversary - must get it framed!

burrish gull said:
Most of it has probably been deleted anyway, the BBC had a policy of doing this for years, they now regret it.

I'm at the 'regretting it' end of BBC radio right now and can concur. We've even been putting out archive programmes that we got from people who taped them at the time! Just hoping the lesson has been learned.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I've got the build up to the '83 cup final taped from Grandstand somewhere. Watch it every 5 years or so!

Has everyone got the build up taped or shall i see if Burrish can 'youtube' an edited version of it?

Let me know the general concencus

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I was right next to the away fans in the North Stand and it was kicking off all over the place. Fantastic memories and it was absolutely packed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here