Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Vs Norwich Quarter Final 1983

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Brighton till i die said:
the north stand @ the goldstone when packed as the best place in the world.

such a shame all these shite all seater stadiums will never let us re-live that again!

Yes its a shame all the kids now will never get to experience anything like it, I long for those days again. Things have changed so much and for the worst in my opinion:(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
burrish gull said:
Yes its a shame all the kids now will never get to experience anything like it, I long for those days again. Things have changed so much and for the worst in my opinion:(

agree 100%

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Its all bloody playstation and poxy text messaging today, christ if my dad bought me a wagon wheel and a copy of 'Shoot' on a match day I'd be happy for a week:down:

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Burrish - that is absolutely brilliant - TV gold.

I still remember me and brother being packed onto the NW terrace that day. My Norwich-supporting mate is still moaning about the goal 23 years later.

I'm suddenly feeling very old.

Ding Dong !

Boy I'm HOT today !
Jul 26, 2004
Worthing
Great to see the video. Didn't get to see that game though I was lucky enough to see the home game against Newcastle, the semi final at Highbury and the two finals.

Great work, well done.....seems like yesterday !!!!

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Ding Dong ! said:
Great to see the video. Didn't get to see that game though I was lucky enough to see the home game against Newcastle, the semi final at Highbury and the two finals.

Great work, well done.....seems like yesterday !!!!

Hopefully have some more great memories up on Google video this evening

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
portlock seagull said:
Me too! I was 11 at the time and because of ticket shortages my elder brother got taken by our neighbours and I was left at home booing my eyes out stamping my feet and screaming "snot fair" blah blah.

Still, I got a programme and spotted it in the loft last year whilst up there rumaging around!!

Great days, our beloved Goldstone Ground. Archer, you're a **** on an LDC scale:angry: :censored: :angry:

I don't remember it being all-ticket ???

I am certain it was pay on the day ?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Watched this last night, but forgot to offer my thanks :blush:

I was 4 at the time so only can remember bits and pieces of the '83 campaign, so any kind of footage of it is very much welcomed.

Thanks!

:clap2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No it wasnt all ticket, because I took a mate from school and he paid on the gate.

Its really depressing to see how far we have dropped in terms of standard of football, crowd reactions, etc etc since those heady days. I remember standing on the east terrace and yes you used to get banter and that sort of thing, but I cant remember people actually booing home players or constantly whinging at the team....the first time I really came across anything like it was in teh days of Mikle Bailey( which was before this match of course) when people moaned like hell about the standard of football we were playing ( not the standard of player we had) in fact there was even a fans forum at the Brighton Centre where Mike Bamber ( I Think it was spent the whole evening trying to defend M Bailey) Bailey was eventually sacked when we were 9th in the what is now Premiership. I suppose it was the first real act of fan power......and MM recons he has a hard time from fans

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Perry Milkins said:
Well if you say so David, it must have been.

Perhaps it tickets in advance then pay on the day as I recall having a ticket.

dont be like that. I am only saying how I paid on the day with a mate. Thats all.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dies Irae said:
dont be like that. I am only saying how I paid on the day with a mate. Thats all.

Just testing the new found calmness and serenity.

I agree with you about Mike Bailey..so many whingeing old gits around me in the Chicken run those days. Harking back to Archie Macualey and Fredddie Goodwin..the sacking of Bailey was possible the worst decsion made by an Albion Chairman.

;)

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Does it actually matter if it was all ticket or not... ? :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here