Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Trio in PFA Team

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
re: Painter, players only playing us twice a season are unlikely to see his consistancy in the same way we do. He is a 7 out of 10 every week and we all love him. But to the un-Brighton / regular watchers eye, he maybe does not stand out as much as more attacking defenders, a la Harding. Not saying he isn't better, because he is. Just maybe explains the vote.

Bradley Wright-Phillips has scored a lot of goals in struggling teams, I guess that counts for something. Again, would rather have Murray, but this isn't voted by people who watch every game.

I think the single biggest factor which counted against our players here was that it was never really one individual who did the damage. The whole TEAM owned everyone else. You only have to look at the lively debate on our player of the year to see that.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is a bit pathetic that it has bothered me. I tell myself not to worry, but it seems to be a matter of principle.

There was a mention on twitter... The brief conversation went like this...

Sainty99 Dan the Saint
Fonte has been immense this year & @RadhijaidiOff in all honesty.. #saintsfc #experiencecounts #therealbestteamintheleague

BaronOfSussex
@Sainty99 RT #saintsfc #experiencecounts #therealbestteamintheleague >>> The league table would suggest otherwise, #BHAFC

Sainty99 Dan the Saint
@BaronOfSussex the most negative team to visit St Marys this season, u lot. Think the team of the year tells the real story. Congrats though

:shrug:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It is a bit pathetic that it has bothered me. I tell myself not to worry, but it seems to be a matter of principle.

There was a mention on twitter... The brief conversation went like this...

Sainty99 Dan the Saint
Fonte has been immense this year & @RadhijaidiOff in all honesty.. #saintsfc #experiencecounts #therealbestteamintheleague

BaronOfSussex
@Sainty99 RT #saintsfc #experiencecounts #therealbestteamintheleague >>> The league table would suggest otherwise, #BHAFC

Sainty99 Dan the Saint
@BaronOfSussex the most negative team to visit St Marys this season, u lot. Think the team of the year tells the real story. Congrats though

:shrug:
It's quite straight forward: this bloke doesn't know anything about football.

We have won it with a month to spare - not just promoted, but champions. On the other hand, if you are a simpleton you can choose to prefer a vote taken in November as proof to the contrary. I wonder whether the PFA team of the year will fire up our lads this weekend coming?

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Team of the season should be:

Ankergren (Albion),

Calderon (Albion) Greer (Albion) El-Abd (Albion) Painter (Albion)

Dicker (Albion) Bridcutt (Albion) Bennett (Albion)

Wood (Albion) Murray (Albion) Noone (Albion)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
r a vote taken in November as proof to the contrary.

Possibly the most amusing thing about this is how people keep moving the supposed date of the vote earlier and earlier.

Any 'advances' on November? I'm sure, by lunchtime, we can re-write history such as this was a vote conducted last July as people endeavoured to predict the team of the year.

(Does anyone actually KNOW when the vote took place?)

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
All I can say is that if that team is accurate is doesn't say much about a certain manager along the coast from us!! Let's hope it will prove a useful tool for the lads on Saturday!! Perhaps they should pin the PFA League 1 "team of the year" on the dressing room wall?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Possibly the most amusing thing about this is how people keep moving the supposed date of the vote earlier and earlier.

Any 'advances' on November? I'm sure, by lunchtime, we can re-write history such as this was a vote conducted last July as people endeavoured to predict the team of the year.

(Does anyone actually KNOW when the vote took place?)
I was about to berate you for your pendantry, but it seems you have a point. In 2009, the deadline was as late as mid March. I doubt it has changed much in two years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
QPR have two players in the Championship side and one is the Keeper.

Modric isnt in the Premiership one despite being miles better than Bale?

As someone else pointed out isnt this a good thing? means Brighton are a team rather than a bunch of individuals?

anyway, why does it matter?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I know it's not how it works but that midfield is very attacking isn't it, not one defensive player in it.
Painter is better than Harding as a defender by a country mile.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Personally think that Lewington of MK Dons is worth a shout at left back. Never understood why so many BHA fans hated Harding even when he played for us. Good player going forward but not as solid as Painter defensively. Also think Palarse fan Boyd should be in and both Murray and Hoskins are better than BWP.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Has anyone actually seen Harding play since he left us? He has improved a lot you know...

I agree completely. I think he is a better full back than painter but that is just my opinion and i do know many will disagree. Before saints he was playing in a Reading side in the playoffs under steve coppell and defensively he very rarely gets caught out. I understand the stick hammond gets from fans on here for what he did, but i have no problems whatsoever with Harding and would happily have him in our team next season

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Mmm, it just riles me how they can even think they are the best team in the league. I shouldn't get wound up, but the lack of credit we get from opposition is staggering, but we have won the league with a month to go, and we have been getting PRAISE from everyone that is not involved with an opposition football club.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Last time we won this league we only got two players in the team, King Bobby and Sir Danny of Cullip.

Can anyone remember how many we had the year before in League 2?

Last edited:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
these teams are chosen over spare ribs and budweiser or smoked salmon and chardonnay i wouldn't get too hot under the collar if i wuz you lot....just log off here and have a look at the FUCKIN LEAGUE TABLE.....:thumbsup::wave:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
I don't care so much about the PFA team of year, and how many Saints players are in it, or how few of our players are in it, BUT, if Adkins wins manager of the year ahead of Poyet, I shall be one very, very angry fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here