Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Trio in PFA Team

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Murray's omission makes this 'list' a sham. The best player in way and above the best team. What a waste of time. :shrug:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Here's me worried that with the title and promotion in the bag the players might take their foot off the gas. Then, hey presto, along comes the PFA Team Of The Year.

Gus and the boys now have an extra incentive to sock it to Southampton and, in particular, to target Dan Harding. He wilted under the pressure of Seb Carole at Elland Rd after signing for Leeds and I'd like to see Calde and Bennett turn him inside out on Saturday.

Also, having 5 players in the side puts added pressure on SCC to deliver promotion. I'm sure Huddersfield will have looked at the XI and got pretty fired up too.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
For what its worth i think Murray should be in ahead of BWP and anyone who knows anything about football and has seen them both play will know Painter has been far better this season than Harding.....the facts about us and SCC are there for all to see....the table does not lie as they say....16 POINTS CLEAR!!!!!
Anyway who really cares about the PFA team...were champions FFS!!!!!!! Im sure Harding will be very proud to be in the PFA team as he stands at the front of the scummers line when they give us a guard of honor onto the pitch next saturday for what is a totally meaningless game for our reserves :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Davis (Southampton),

Calderon (Albion) Greer (Albion) Fonte (Southampton) Harding (Southampton)

Oxlade-Chamberlain (Southampton) Lallana (Southampton) Bennett (Albion) Pilkington (Huddersfield)

Mackail-Smith (Peterborough) Wright-Phillips (Charlton)

Can't argue with most of that but BWP over sexy Glenn is a f***ing joke. Murray has scored more and contributes far more to all round play. Also think maybe Cox deserves to be in ahead of Oxo for his assists and vital goals at Orients, Oxo is promising yes but hasn't contributed anything outstanding.
Some obvious spelling errors in there, so I've cleared them up for them

Ankergren (Brighton),

Calderon (Albion) El-Abd (Albion) Fonte (SCC) Painter (Brighton)

Noone (Brighton) Lallana (SCC) Bennett (Albion) Pilkington (Huddersfield)

Mackail-Smith (Peterborough) Murray (Brighton)

These teams are bullshit anyway. THe fact Southampton, who are struggling to get up, have 5 to our 3 sums it up really. And I'd never have put Greer in front of El-Abd is for no other reason that hes only played 3/4s of a season!

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I believe Adkins was the sole judge and only put in a couple of Brighton players to try and relieve the abuse he will get on Saturday!!!
:wink:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Ankergren (Brighton),

Mackail-Smith (Peterborough) Murray (Brighton)

These teams are bullshit anyway. THe fact Southampton, who are struggling to get up, have 5 to our 3 sums it up really. And I'd never have put Greer in front of El-Abd is for no other reason that hes only played 3/4s of a season!

No Barnes?

That isn't a million miles away from the team I would choose. I guess reputation counts more than ability in these things.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
All adds a bit more spice to Saturdays game..Saints are clearly the best team in the league, I mean they have 77 pts to our 93. They have lost 10 games in the league this season, to our 5. They have a goal difference of +38, to our +47. They have 5 players in the pfa team, to our 3. And they are scrapping for second spot, compared to our trophy for pissing the league....Its rude to ask for anymore this season Gus, but can we shut these fuckers up once and for all on Saturday please....I would LOVE IT, if Saints dont go up.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What a complete and utter spackfest this thread is. The PFA nominate then the League One players decide. How can the posters in this thread think they have the right to argue with them? I happen to think that Walsall's right winger is in a better position to judge who the best left back in this division is. I have an inkling that Tranmere's centre halves might know a little more than me about who the best centre forward in this division is.

Some of the inferiority complex rubbish on this site is getting downright embarrassing.

Sep 1, 2010
pissy.jpeg

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
My League One team of the year -

Ankergren

Calderon, Greer, Al Abd, Painter

Bennett, Bridcutt, Dicker, Sparrow

Murray, Barnes or Wood​

I think this team would do quite well in the Division .

This.

They'd beat that PFA team any day of the week - especially as it would be missing its three best players.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Ankergren (Brighton),

Mackail-Smith (Peterborough) Barnes (Brighton)

Ultimately, who cares? We are a team, not a bunch of individuals, and the team ethos at the Albion is excellent. What is going to be harder this year is working out player of the season, as there are so many excellent contenders/

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For Adam El-Abd, arguably the player of the season in the team of the season, not to get in is ridiculous.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Whereas Anthony Elding & Reda Johnson happily put forward their votes for Gordon? :wink:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Here's me worried that with the title and promotion in the bag the players might take their foot off the gas. Then, hey presto, along comes the PFA Team Of The Year.

Gus and the boys now have an extra incentive to sock it to Southampton and, in particular, to target Dan Harding. He wilted under the pressure of Seb Carole at Elland Rd after signing for Leeds and I'd like to see Calde and Bennett turn him inside out on Saturday.

Also, having 5 players in the side puts added pressure on SCC to deliver promotion. I'm sure Huddersfield will have looked at the XI and got pretty fired up too.

Agreed. Plus, according to 5Live last night, the Brighton players are very pumped up about Adkins' comment at the time and were openly talking after the game on Tuesday about ramming it back down his throat on Saturday. I don't care about Southampton at all but this will certainly add some spice to the game. Can't wait.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here