Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Trio in PFA Team

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
You'd choose Harding over Painter? Please, please go and get chemically castrated because you are a f***ing idiot and do not deserve to pass on your genes. Painter is twice the player Harding ever has, is or will be.

I'm judging the two of them on footballing ability, so don't try and give me any shit about being biased

Bang on.
Harding is a f***ing saggy scrot of a man, but we all know that, so it's irrelevant.
As a player, he's average at best. For example, we f***ing tore him to shreds at St Marys last season. He was never exactly special when he was with us either.
Painter has been quality this season in defence and attack. PFA can spout all this shite about SCC having all these amazing players, but we are the ones that are 16 points clear with the trophy in tow at the end of the day.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Surprised someone like Gary Jones hasnt been mentioned. Yeah loads of his goals have been pens but hes basically carried a team that has vastly overachieved this season. People like Will Hoskins too, silly amount of goals in a poor side. Would have thought George Boyd would have got the nod over O-C.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Ankergren

Calderon El Abd Dawson Painter

Bennett Lallana Jones Pilkington

Murray CMS

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Surprised someone like Gary Jones hasnt been mentioned. Yeah loads of his goals have been pens but hes basically carried a team that has vastly overachieved this season. People like Will Hoskins too, silly amount of goals in a poor side. Would have thought George Boyd would have got the nod over O-C.

Boyd was awful in the first part of the season though.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
You'd choose Harding over Painter? Please, please go and get chemically castrated because you are a f***ing idiot and do not deserve to pass on your genes.

Painter is twice the player Harding ever has, is or will be.

I'm judging the two of them on footballing ability, so don't try and give me any shit about being biased

Oh f***ing grow up you little cunt. Painter is quality but I don't think he has the pace to cope at a higher level whereas Harding does and I expect would fit excellently into our brand of football, even if he is a prick.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Oh f***ing grow up you little cunt. Painter is quality but I don't think he has the pace to cope at a higher level whereas Harding does and I expect would fit excellently into our brand of football, even if he is a prick.
It's not about who might do better in the Championship, it's about who has had the best season. Harding can't have been better than Painter, at best he can have been AS good. But the amount of times I've seen him shredded by half decent wingers makes me think probably not.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Actually we all (me included) need to get a grip here. Who, 1 year on, will remember sod all about the bleeding PFA team of the year or any other similar frothy toss?. On the other hand, the league table is set in stone and will always show us as Champions of Div 1 for 2010/11. f*** all else matters, basically.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.

:laugh:

You really think Painter couldn't cut it in the Championship?! You do realise he was first choice at Swansea until he picked up an injury. If he can't cut it in the Championship then got help us because we need a whole new squad.

Kazenga <3 celebrates reaching a new milestone:

hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool2_i-can-count-to-potato_2009072611523915926.jpg

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
It's not about who might do better in the Championship, it's about who has had the best season. Harding can't have been better than Painter, at best he can have been AS good. But the amount of times I've seen him shredded by half decent wingers makes me think probably not.

Fair point, can't really argue that Harding has had a better overall season than Painter who probably gets overlooked as he is not the most glamorous player. But if its voted for by the players they are better placed to judge who is harder to get past. Then again they voted BWP ahead of Murray so they could be f***ing stupid.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Saints fan here. I confess I wasn't aware a 'team of the year' was being announced today.

Personally I think Lallana and Fonte for Saints are deserving of a place.
As for the other three, you can make an argument for or against (as you could with many players omitted altogether).

On first sight it does strike me as odd that a team that has walked the league only has 3 players.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It doesn't matter how much pace Harding has, as a defender he is inferior to Painter in almost every way. I bet even Saints fans will be laughing that he's got in.

Lallana, you can't argue with: it's obvious from their results when he doesn't play how influential he is. Fonte: fair enough too, for a million quid I'd bloody hope he did get in. I suspect Kelvin Davis has got in on reputation rather than form. Chamberlain I'm slightly surprised at, good though he evidently is, I'm not sure he's done enough yet to justify this, and the voters have fallen for the media hype.

But Dan Harding? :lolol: What a brilliant joke that is. Just goes to show that footballers are, as a breed, still pretty thick. Even if not Painter, there are probably still four or five better left backs than him in this division. If he played for Rochdale or Colchester, he'd never have got in.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Saints fan here. I confess I wasn't aware a 'team of the year' was being announced today.

Personally I think Lallana and Fonte for Saints are deserving of a place.
As for the other three, you can make an argument for or against (as you could with many players omitted altogether).

On first sight it does strike me as odd that a team that has walked the league only has 3 players.

Good of you to admit it.
Davis is the best keeper in the league without doubt, but Casper has been immense for us and we have the least goals conceded in the league..

If you go up, would you be happy having Harding at LB? I definitely wouldn't be.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Now I wrote that before I saw the post from the SCC fan, but he seems to be making more or leas the same points.

I can't say any of it bothers me to be honest, as I said it reflects footballers stupidity and the fact that they vote (in crayon?) in January/February rather than May like the Football Writers do.

Which is also reflected in the fact that Gareth Bale won PFA Player of the Year. He was outstanding from about October to January, but has been either injured or ineffective since. Even Spurs fans I know have acknowledged this. Nasri was second, can't remember him doing a lot either.

SouthamptonGuy

Apr 3, 2011
Good of you to admit it.
Davis is the best keeper in the league without doubt, but Casper has been immense for us and we have the least goals conceded in the league..

If you go up, would you be happy having Harding at LB? I definitely wouldn't be.

I honestly would. Last season apart from Lambert and Lallana he would have been my player of the season.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
at the start of the season (and most of the way through it) you would have said we are unlikely to get many if any players in this line-up. We are a great team but one without real stand-out stars (Bennett aside over the whole season maybe). I'm surprised Greer got in although I think he deserves it. Calderon too - while he has scored goals and has been on pretty much top form recently - had a bad run when he frankly wasn't all that. All-in-all delighted to have three in and not at all surprised SCC have more. I bet Posh fans can't believe George Boyd idn't in there!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here