Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Supporters Club (HORSHAM) ....Disgrace?

What do you think of this infidelity?

• He should stand down as Chairman

Votes: 72 69.2%
  • Good for him

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Dont care either way

Votes: 26 25.0%

• Total voters

People need to wake up to the fact that Crawley's current success can, and is, affecting our fan base.

Imagine a chap in Haywards Hearh who has no interest in football, but his two young sons do. They pester and pester him that they want to watch a league game next season. He does his research and discovers that going to the Amex will cost £60 for the three of them, whereas it will only cost £35 to go to Broadfield. (These figures are guesstimates!) That could easily be two future fans lost to the Albion.

another guesstimate (i love that word) is that next season the ticket price diffrence between Falmer and Broadfield is not as much as you think

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
bit strange i agree but
i remember going to Oxford with Worthing in 1982 in the second rd of the cup...
great day out
it didnt do the albion any harm in the cup that year though :)
let them enjoy themselves
who knows how long he has been supporting crawley

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
How stupid is this thread. The fella may well have been born in creepy Crawley and have an affection for them for that reason. If 'Albert's Seagulls (under 10s)', that famous Portslade based super team of the late 70s, were playing at Old Trafford I'd drive past Stoke to watch them. Granted that ain't gonna happen as Albert is probably dead etc. but you get the point. It wouldn't mean I'm any less of an Albion fan.

As for the Crawley scenario, nonsense, pure nonsense. Which person in their rightmind would swap the Amex for Broadfield Road? A dimwit, that's who.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
How stupid is this thread. The fella may well have been born in creepy Crawley and have an affection for them for that reason. If 'Albert's Seagulls (under 10s)', that famous Portslade based super team of the late 70s, were playing at Old Trafford I'd drive past Stoke to watch them. Granted that ain't gonna happen as Albert is probably dead etc. but you get the point. It wouldn't mean I'm any less of an Albion fan.

As for the Crawley scenario, nonsense, pure nonsense. Which person in their rightmind would swap the Amex for Broadfield Road? A dimwit, that's who.

MIssing the point. The point is that this bloke announced to all and sundry that he was proposing to support Crawley rather than Brighton and for the chairman of an Albion supporters' club that was a totally loopy thing to do. If he wanted to creep off and quietly watch Crawley so be it. Announcing his priorities in the way he did is not a hanging offence but it is a resigning one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Which person in their rightmind would swap the Amex for Broadfield Road? A dimwit, that's who.

A non football fan who has not got money to burn who is being pestered by his kids?

You will be going to Broadfield then?

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE, THEY ARE, OR WILL BE POTENTIAL RIVALS.

I am not saying the chap cannot be an Albion fan, but he should not, as Chairman, drive past the Brritaania Stadium to support a rival club.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
A non football fan who has not got money to burn who is being pestered by his kids?

I am not saying the chap cannot be an Albion fan, but he should not, as Chairman, drive past the Brritaania Stadium to support a rival club.

See what you did there, very clever that, far too clever for a dimwit like me. Crawley will never be our rivals in a million years and I cannot fathom why you are so worried by them? Now, I'm not saying that if they do go up they won't start thinking of us as their rivals, no doubt they will, but no more than they'll see Palace as rivals too. The Amex is gonna be a fabulous place to watch football, we'll be the ones with new fans flocking to us from all over the county, Crawley will only attract those in their immediate vicinity - oh yeah, and those "non football" fans you seem so concerned by.

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
The Chairman of the Horsham Branch of the Albion Supporters Club is not paid for his work, and I suspect he gives up quite a lot of his free time to help The Albion. Many of us follow a non-league club as well as The Albion and I can fully understand he does not want to miss his non-league club's big day. Good luck to him I'd probably do the same.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Should be going to watch Horsham play Carshalton Athletic if you ask me!

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
The Chairman of the Horsham Branch of the Albion Supporters Club is not paid for his work, and I suspect he gives up quite a lot of his free time to help The Albion. Many of us follow a non-league club as well as The Albion and I can fully understand he does not want to miss his non-league club's big day. Good luck to him I'd probably do the same.

Good shout !

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
If he decides to go to Stoke I'll give him my ticket as Horsham BHASC got me to so many games 1972-77

I think you should have another dose of Calpol and get someone to put you back to bed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
who really cares where he wants to watch his football?

One4the.road

Jan 10, 2011
Live and let live

Let it go lads .... I can remember worthing playing oxford fa cup 2nd round 1982 many many Brighton there that day . But I can not remember who the Albion were playing that day

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I think it's a slightly strange thing to announce- although I haven't read the article but as someone who lives in Horsham I don't have a problem with it, if he wants to pay the money then he can choose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here