Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Supporters Club (HORSHAM) ....Disgrace?

What do you think of this infidelity?

• He should stand down as Chairman

Votes: 72 69.2%
  • Good for him

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Dont care either way

Votes: 26 25.0%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There's an Albion Supporters Club in Horsham? They've kept a bit quiet about it til now. Oh, hang on, we've got a new stadium now haven't we? :shrug:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I once chose to go & watch West Ham with a mate rather than the Albion

That was my choice.

I have regretted it ever since.

I feel better for coming clean though!

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I cannot believe that 2/3rds of people on here think he should resign over this. Can only presume that its the same percentage of fans who are born and bred in Brighton and have no idea that those of us from other Sussex towns might look out for our local non league side occasionally too.

Get over yourselves, Albion is massive but surprisingly other things go on in the world!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i think Brighton fans from Brighton would be surprised by just how many Brighton fans there are in Crawley, i travel with 3 others and i know a local taxi driver who travels with is family to EVERY game, no matter where and what time KO, but on the point of the Horsham guy, his choice, he will be back at Withdean Tuesday and no worse off. But a message to you Brighton fans from Brighton...stop worrying about crawley as they certainly aint bothered by you and for the record I will be at Stoke Sat and staying in a pub to watch the Crawley game straight after. and I have a funny feeling they may just get something from the game............and you may end up seeing the Mancs at the broadfield Stadium in a couple of weeks.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
How can anyone not see Crawley as a potential threat? 10,000 fans at Old Trafford on Saturday and there's no chance any of them will get 'hooked' ? New stadium or not, it IS a once in a lifetime thing, and enough to convert many young people attending OT into Crawley fans for life. Concerning.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
If the guy is from Horsham then shame on him for supporting Crawley, but if he's from Crawley seems perfectly OK. I'm originally from Horsham and if they were at OT this weekend I'd probably pick that over Stoke..... :shrug:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Can I just say to those Brighton fans that do actually understand the scenario and that this guy is entitled to his own life without being owned by self righteous twats that come on here, huge respect... I cannot understand this village mentality that some Brighton supporters have. They shit themselves that we may lose a fanbase to Crawley. So f***ing what!?!? The biggest towns in Sussex are on the South Coast, get over it for Christs sake! Jeeeze could you imagine a Liverpool/Everton or ManUre/City comparison in Brighton? They'd commit suicide. And how many Rovers fans swap allegiance for City in Bristol cos they are doing better? Grow up and smell the roses you rednecks, we are not all of a sudden going to be left with 2k supporters because Crawley have become a league side. Shit yourselves over paying your bills before worrying about football!!

Nuff said, I'm exhausted.

Yoda

English & European
:nono: Ian Hart was given the option of going to Old Trafford in one of the CORPERATE BOXES, and turned it down. The guy should take a lesson from Harty in how to be an Albion supporter.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Can I just say to those Brighton fans that do actually understand the scenario and that this guy is entitled to his own life without being owned by self righteous twats that come on here, huge respect... I cannot understand this village mentality that some Brighton supporters have. They shit themselves that we may lose a fanbase to Crawley. So f***ing what!?!? The biggest towns in Sussex are on the South Coast, get over it for Christs sake! Jeeeze could you imagine a Liverpool/Everton or ManUre/City comparison in Brighton? They'd commit suicide. And how many Rovers fans swap allegiance for City in Bristol cos they are doing better? Grow up and smell the roses you rednecks, we are not all of a sudden going to be left with 2k supporters because Crawley have become a league side. Shit yourselves over paying your bills before worrying about football!!

Nuff said, I'm exhausted.

Totally agree Mr Blue. I'm staggered that anyone is bothered by what this fella is doing, let alone getting themselves worked up about Crawley. We are moving into a beautiful new ground, we've got a chairman who cares, we're top of the league, things are finally starting to go our way again and yet some people are worried about a tin pot outfit from 25miles away.
If we were still playing at Gillingham to 1600 people and were doing shite in League 2, I still wouldn't be bothered about Crawley. Grrrrr.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
How can anyone not see Crawley as a potential threat? 10,000 fans at Old Trafford on Saturday and there's no chance any of them will get 'hooked' ? New stadium or not, it IS a once in a lifetime thing, and enough to convert many young people attending OT into Crawley fans for life. Concerning.

Again, you are joking aren't you? Yeah, Crawley get stuffed 4-nil and there's gonna be thousands of people from all over North Sussex who can't wait to get to the Broadfield for the next match. Dream on.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Totally agree Mr Blue. I'm staggered that anyone is bothered by what this fella is doing, let alone getting themselves worked up about Crawley. We are moving into a beautiful new ground, we've got a chairman who cares, we're top of the league, things are finally starting to go our way again and yet some people are worried about a tin pot outfit from 25miles away.
If we were still playing at Gillingham to 1600 people and were doing shite in League 2, I still wouldn't be bothered about Crawley. Grrrrr.

Respect dude.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:nono: Ian Hart was given the option of going to Old Trafford in one of the CORPERATE BOXES, and turned it down. The guy should take a lesson from Harty in how to be an Albion supporter.

Didn't a very sozzled (guest at Worthing RFC) Harty call the phone-in for a home game?

People have different priorities now and again. Hang 'em high? Not at all.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Let it go lads .... I can remember worthing playing oxford fa cup 2nd round 1982 many many Brighton there that day . But I can not remember who the Albion were playing that day
Indeed. I was there that day as it was a real 'once in a lifetime' thing. (I'd also seen the 1st round game against Dartford I think). I don't think Worthing have been in the 2nd round since? And no, I don't remember who Brighton were playing that day either, some rubbishy first division team.

I've got mixed feelings. Obviously he can watch and support who the hell he likes, but as the chair of a Brighton Supporters' group maybe announcing he's going to watch our local 'little' rivals wasn't the wisest move. However I'm more upset by the 'once in a lifetime' quote which shows a lack of ambition and a lack of faith in us. I believe there's a real chance we could be playing Man Utd within the next few years - or maybe within the next few weeks.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Let it go lads .... I can remember worthing playing oxford fa cup 2nd round 1982 many many Brighton there that day . But I can not remember who the Albion were playing that day

11 December 1982 - beat Norwich 3-0 at home, lifting us to the heady heights of 18th place. We'd lost the previous four games, so I don't blame them heading to Worthing. Only won 3 more league games that season. Damn that Cup run, causing us to lose focus on the league :p

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
However I'm more upset by the 'once in a lifetime' quote which shows a lack of ambition and a lack of faith in us. I believe there's a real chance we could be playing Man Utd within the next few years - or maybe within the next few weeks.

I don't think he's implying once in a lifetime for him, more like once in a lifetime for Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here