Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Supporters Club (HORSHAM) ....Disgrace?

What do you think of this infidelity?

• He should stand down as Chairman

Votes: 72 69.2%
  • Good for him

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Dont care either way

Votes: 26 25.0%

• Total voters

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
People need to wake up to the fact that Crawley's current success can, and is, affecting our fan base.QUOTE]

Erm, what about us then! We're already down on numbers, partly due to the fact we have no ground of our own, and even our own local Horsham edition of the WSCT has more things in it to do with Crawley FC now.

I will be glad when this circus is all over and I still can't see the appeal in that lot, even more so now they have bought their way to a small degree of success.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There's an Albion Supporters Club in Horsham? They've kept a bit quiet about it til now. Oh, hang on, we've got a new stadium now haven't we? :shrug:

Has been since the sixties, maybe earlier, and still going strong I guess, I was part of it 72-77, good group of people.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an Albion fan, if I was going to all the trouble and expense of making that long journey north tomorrow, I'd far rather go and watch the Albion at the Brittannia as a FAN, than go and watch Crawley at Old Trafford as a TOURIST. As soon as the Stoke signs came up on the M6, I'd find it IMPOSSIBLE to carry on past and go to Manchester to watch a non-league club I couldn't give a f*** about get smashed in.

Each to their own I suppose, but its odd priorities.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
even our own local Horsham edition of the WSCT has more things in it to do with Crawley FC now.

I read it every week and there is never anything about Crawley or Brighton in it it's always Horsham or YMCA etc which is the way it should be

Yoda

English & European
Didn't a very sozzled (guest at Worthing RFC) Harty call the phone-in for a home game?

People have different priorities now and again. Hang 'em high? Not at all.

The very sozzled Harty calling the phone-in was partly my fault, but him being a guest a Worthing RFC that day was down to him being the match sponsor and if I remember correctly was origanlly a free Albion weekend hence him being booked in at the Rugby.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Just to try and put some 'out of Brighton' perspective on this please think of it like this:

You've been married to your missus for 20 years, she's the most important person in the world to you but on the day of a party for her Great Auntie Mavis turning 90, your best mate is getting married. Would 70% of you really chip off your best mate because even though you care about him loads, your missus take priority every time regardless of the circumstances?

Get over yourselves

People need to wake up to the fact that Crawley's current success can, and is, affecting our fan base.

Imagine a chap in Haywards Hearh who has no interest in football, but his two young sons do. They pester and pester him that they want to watch a league game next season. He does his research and discovers that going to the Amex will cost £60 for the three of them, whereas it will only cost £35 to go to Broadfield. (These figures are guesstimates!) That could easily be two future fans lost to the Albion.

Why would anyone who lived in Haywards Heath want to go to Crawley??????????

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Just to try and put some 'out of Brighton' perspective on this please think of it like this:

You've been married to your missus for 20 years, she's the most important person in the world to you but on the day of a party for her Great Auntie Mavis turning 90, your best mate is getting married. Would 70% of you really chip off your best mate because even though you care about him loads, your missus take priority every time regardless of the circumstances?

Get over yourselves

since when did Crawley become our 'best mates'? Bar Kuipers I hope they get thumped

I don't understand this fear of losing fans to Crawley. Let's face it they are a pretty cosmopolitan fanbase with many supporting South London clubs anyway. What does it matter to the Albion? If we lost a 5% fanbase to Crawley but gained 15% on the coast due to facilities, success and football league history, would it really matter? Stop worrying about north Sussex and concentrate on south Sussex first. Big towns to nurture new support from Hastings, Eastbourne, Brighton and Hove, Worthing, to name but four. Chill out guys!

More fans get trains going into London on a Saturday to go and watch Chelski or Arsenal or Spurs that go south from Crawley to go and watch BHA

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I think the main point most are missing here is the fact that we're discussing the chairman of a supporters group.

For most out of town supporters, there's little issue with them having the pull of a non-league side that they always follow, but I always imagine that to become chairman of a supporters group, you would generally have allegiance to one club only.

I think I'm more shocked that this isn't the case with the chairman of the Horsham branch than I am surprised that an Albion supporter would choose to go to a Crawley game rather than to see the Albion.

After all, I did go to Torquay - though in mitigation, I didn't have to drive past (or anywhere near) Watford to get there, and it was never really an option.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Get over yourselves

What a shit analogy.Your team playing a premiership side away in the FA Cup 5th round is "Great Auntie Mavis' 90th Birthday" and going to watch a wank team you have no association with, along with 8000 other bandwagoners, get smashed is your "best mates wedding"? Couldn't make any less sense.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Lol, pray, then, that Albion beat stoke and get crawley in the next round!

~Good enough to beat united but not to beat us!~

It's always nice to go to a tasty game that's a one off is my point. But I'd rather go off to stoke given manchester's reputation.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
And then you go on to mention, errrr none of them. Great input. No-one moaning so far has a clue to his input to this supporters club, just label him. All rather pretentious. Where did it say you were officially owned when supporting Brighton?

You really need me to explain myself?

Chairman of a branch of Brighton supporters club going to watch Crawley instead of watching HIS OWN TEAM. Dress it up and use all the big words and fancy phrases you like but it is just plan wrong.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Does he have the right to go to Old Trafford?
Absolutely.

Do members of the Horsham BHAFC Supporters Club have the right to propose a motion of no-confidence in their Chairman?
If their constitution allows it, absolutely.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
since when did Crawley become our 'best mates'? Bar Kuipers I hope they get thumped

Not yours you din but if you happen to be from an Area where said team are based then they'll probably be a team you're keen to see do well.

What a shit analogy.Your team playing a premiership side away in the FA Cup 5th round is "Great Auntie Mavis' 90th Birthday" and going to watch a wank team you have no association with, along with 8000 other bandwagoners, get smashed is your "best mates wedding"? Couldn't make any less sense.

For a decade when I was a kid i lived yards from Priory Lane and so always look out for Eastbourne Borough's results. Bearing in mind I expect us to be playing at Old Trafford (and certainly more likely f***ing Stoke) in a few years time, if Borough were going to play Man United away in the 5th round of the FA Cup i would certainly say seeing that is more of a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity than ours at the Britania. I would without doubt go to that game ahead of the Albion this weekend and anyone who thinks that makes me less of an Albion fan can simply feck off!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
What if the mighty Brighton beat Stoke and draw Man Utd at Old Trafford in the QF? His "Onec in a lifetime opportunity" would be a "twice in a month" chance...

Personally, I'd never choose to watch any club that wasn't Brighton when I had the chance to see the Albion.

Thats just me though...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here