Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion sign 2 Argentinian Midfielders

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Der ! to the Argentinian clubs, they are Jakes, compared to the limited numbers of focused,motivated English players, they are a bargain..... the defence rests.. do you want a good, competetive England team every 2 years or Brighton to be in the top 10 of Div One ? your call... no pressure..... I wouldn't blame you for selecting the latter... just don't go posting " We are shit " on European Cup/World Cup threads in the future....

Brighton comes first...and compared to brighton the England team doesnt even come close.

That siad, I am for quotas but for all divisions, not just the lower ones..... personally I think minimum of six homegrown players in the first team squad...

...oh... we at brighton are well below that...

So what's the fuss!!!!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
This with the navy blue shorts and socks as seen in the Argies v Mexico game was/is the sexiest kit at the World Cup bar none. I would love it (love it - Keegan) if we abandoned tradition, stuck on the old round BHA crest and the lads ran out in this forever more.

:amex:

0307894.jpg

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Silly question: Can we not just wait and see how they do?

I know nothing about them so I can't judge yet. But I will judge when I can. Promise!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OK... time to put my oar on this foriegn players debate because it is again all about the English being blinkered again.

Let's see.... most of the big countries /leagıue don't have a quota system BUT they continually beat us at international football... why is that?

Well, you might want to look at the fact that Spanish players, for example, play abroad a lot... as do Brazilians and Argentineans and Germans and Dutch and and and...

Getting the idea?

How many top quality Englkishman play in other leagues - NOT ONE IN THE ENGLAND TEAM... I think only North Korea has as many home-based players as us.

The problem is NOT the number of foriegn nationals in the UK... its the lack of English players abroad. In the English leagues we play one style of football. Our players dont play regularly enough against other styles and so we are failing internationally. The game is moving on... we are not. Until english players are prepared to play abroad we will lag behind... either that or English football changes its style of play.

The rest of the world does not beat a path to England's door. get used to it.

Simples.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Grant? what is the exchange rate? Where can i get a Turk Cell sim card?

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
This with the navy blue shorts and socks as seen in the Argies v Mexico game was/is the sexiest kit at the World Cup bar none. I would love it (love it - Keegan) if we abandoned tradition, stuck on the old round BHA crest and the lads ran out in this forever more.

:amex:

0307894.jpg

Witch two of these is it that we have singed?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
In related news will CPFC v BHA now become known as 'El Clasico' around the world and River v Boca just thought of as a regular league game?

???

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Grant? what is the exchange rate? Where can i get a Turk Cell sim card?

Hi Algie... turkcell sim cards can be bought from any turkcell shops (there are millions and one at the aiport if you are not here yet) and porbably from most kiosks...

exchange rate here is 2.31 to the pound

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hi Algie... turkcell sim cards can be bought from any turkcell shops (there are millions and one at the aiport if you are not here yet) and porbably from most kiosks...

exchange rate here is 2.31 to the pound

Cheers mate.I'm going again next year but down south again.It's great down there.:clap2:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
OK... time to put my oar on this foriegn players debate because it is again all about the English being blinkered again.

Let's see.... most of the big countries /leagıue don't have a quota system BUT they continually beat us at international football... why is that?

Well, you might want to look at the fact that Spanish players, for example, play abroad a lot... as do Brazilians and Argentineans and Germans and Dutch and and and...

Getting the idea?

How many top quality Englkishman play in other leagues - NOT ONE IN THE ENGLAND TEAM... I think only North Korea has as many home-based players as us.

The problem is NOT the number of foriegn nationals in the UK... its the lack of English players abroad. In the English leagues we play one style of football. Our players dont play regularly enough against other styles and so we are failing internationally. The game is moving on... we are not. Until english players are prepared to play abroad we will lag behind... either that or English football changes its style of play.

The rest of the world does not beat a path to England's door. get used to it.

Simples.

Germany and Italy also have their entire squads playing at home, Italy won last time out with their entire squad playing in Italy and I think Germany look pretty good so while I don't disagree that we would benefit from our players playing abroad, your argument is a touch erroneous.

Personally I think we do have too many foreign players but it's not the be all and end all - What I do think is that we have too much emphasis on physical stature and not enough on ball skills and fitness.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Germany and Italy also have their entire squads playing at home, Italy won last time out with their entire squad playing in Italy and I think Germany look pretty good so while I don't disagree that we would benefit from our players playing abroad, your argument is a touch erroneous.

Personally I think we do have too many foreign players but it's not the be all and end all - What I do think is that we have too much emphasis on physical stature and not enough on ball skills and fitness.

Not true...

ITALY - carnevaro is abroad, Gattuso, Camoranesi, Zambrotta have all played abroad AND Italy did worse than us!!!!

GERMANY - Ballack was abroad (but of course didnt play) - here you have an argument and Germany ARE an exception and they do have quotas

However

one example that doesn't fit

lots of examples (see above) that do

Do the math

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not true...

ITALY - carnevaro is abroad, Gattuso, Camoranesi, Zambrotta have all played abroad AND Italy did worse than us!!!!

GERMANY - Ballack was abroad (but of course didnt play) - here you have an argument and Germany ARE an exception and they do have quotas

However

Do the math

Easy tiger, just pointing out it wasn't just us and North Korea! I just don't think it's a simple as to say if our players played abroad they'd be any good - They would still lack the basics.

Actually, that's probably why they don't play abroad.....

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Easy tiger, just pointing out it wasn't just us and North Korea! I just don't think it's a simple as to say if our players played abroad they'd be any good - They would still lack the basics.

Actually, that's probably why they don't play abroad.....

Sorry if I sound aggressive... bad few days here...looks like we may lose our plane tickets....

My point is that English football is geared to playing other english teams...it doesnt work anymore at international level. Our home grown players dont know how to play otherwise... english football is not developing tactically and when foreign players come here they adapt to our game...our game doesnt adapt to theirs

... which may be that sometimes foreign players from lower divison team abroad do better or worse here, depending on their suitability to our outmoded game.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
Not true...

However

Do the math

i'm pretty sure that a few members of the german team have played abroad in the past - the centre half mertesacker was at real madrid for 2 years, for example.

reason we lost the game, by the way, in my view, was because capello was completely and utterly DONE by lowe tactically. he played a little deeper than usual and basically said 'here you go, use the ball' to our defense and midfield knowing full well that we couldn't do anything decent or threatening with it, then striking quickly on the break. we looked like puddings struggling to retain possession, they sat there looking calm and composed and assured. also think alot of the england players lack the nous needed to change things mid-match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here